G.L Mezzetta Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeff Mezzetta

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Mezzetta"

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta full-time

Pros

Overall fantastic company with great opportunities

Cons

No cons to comment at this time

"Growing organization with talented employees"

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta full-time

Pros

Company does a great job of hiring talented individuals. The organization as a whole is working to be more efficient and more communicative with employees.

Cons

While the organization is working to be more efficient and to be more communicative with employees, it is still unclear at times as to why certain processes do or do not exist.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Over communicate. Bridge the gap between "office" and "plant." Every voice is important. Make sure your employees know that.

3. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great family business, positive morale, great co-workers....

Cons

Commute - wish I lived closer.

Feb 1, 2017 – Mezzetta Representative

Thank you for sharing why you like working at Mezzetta! Lourdes Ahn, Chief People Officer

"People Focused Organization"

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mezzetta is extremely focused on two things, people and quality. They are a relatively well known national brand with upside potential, yet still operate as a small family owned operation. This provides wonderful access to leadership, openness to new ideas and a good culture of togetherness. Silos are not a concern here. The tremendous growth over the last decade has the business hiring talented individuals from outside the company to help drive a best practice culture.

Cons

There is a lack of repeatable process and available tools to track data for many areas of the business. For my role specifically, this actually creates opportunity to help build a strong functional team and deliver value which will have a lasting impact. The Mezzetta Leadership strongly supports this shift as well

Advice to Management

Develop and implement training programs for salaried staff. Identify next generation leadership and implement a program which will allow them to develop their skillset and advance their careers. It's the best way to retain talent within the organization.

Feb 1, 2017 – Mezzetta Representative

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. You’ll be happy to know we’re working on a focused training program for 2017 aimed at developing our employees and ensuring they have the skills and... More

5. "Sales"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mezzetta is a team of passionate individuals that supports and encourages entrepreneurship. You will have the opportunity to make a difference and be recognized for it! Product quality and people are clearly top of the list.

Cons

Not really a Con but should be looked at as an opportunity. Mezzetta is a small family owned company that continues to grow. Senior leadership has the passion to think like a larger CPG company as they achieve a national distribution and strive to be best in class. With that comes continued change as the company seeks out new paths to drive brand awareness and continued success in competitive categories.

Advice to Management

Extend Change Management classes

Nov 17, 2016 – Mezzetta Representative

Thank you for your thoughtful and balanced feedback. We are going through a lot of change as an organization, and I'd be interested to hear more on your thoughts about offering Change Management... More

6. "Growing Pains, but Growing and Caring"

Pros

Mezzetta is growing fast, both in sales and its organization. Standards and expectations are high. we don't always make it but even results we are unhappy with are still solid results from a growing company. The company focuses strongly on culture and is clear that they want to be a top employer.

Cons

With growth comes change and some of the change is a bit dysfunctional. Knowing what you want out of culture and knowing how to get there are not always the same. The co0mpany has had some fits and starts around culture change and may not be fully on the right path yet but they will get there.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on change but slow the pace a bit. Whenever we have a good idea or new way to help, give it a cooling off period to let it sink in and clarify before moving forward

Nov 17, 2016 – Mezzetta Representative

Thank you for your comments. We are growing and changing, and I agree that our culture is in flux. I see this as a great opportunity to build a company and culture that is best in class! We all... More

7. "Simply Awesome!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people and environment are incredibly awesome. The Mezzetta Culture is top notch and driven to succeed at every level.

Cons

None that I can think of at this moment.

Advice to Management

Keep making Mezzetta a GREAT place to be.

8. "Great company with great leadership"

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Category leader that prides themselves on hiring the best & constant innovation coming from the food scientists.

Cons

Some can't handle the culture so it's either a fit, or it's not. If you like to win this is the place to go. Just be prepared to devote yourself to the game.

Nov 17, 2016 – Mezzetta Representative

I love your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Lourdes Ahn, Chief People Officer

9. "Happy At Mezzetta"

Pros

Mezzetta is a good place to work if you like to be challenged and at the same time be held accountable for what you are supposed to get done in regards to your job description.

Cons

If you think you are going to fly below the radar and not get recognized for not doing acceptable work then Mezzetta is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep it simple, it is not that hard. Let the people do their jobs by giving them guidance when needed, but at the same time put them in positions that they can excel.

Nov 17, 2016 – Mezzetta Representative

Thank you very much for your feedback. I hope you were able to attend our recent State of the Business meeting where we discussed how we've been focusing on empowering managers and employees in... More

10. "Working at GL Mezzetta"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Canyon, CA

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta (More than 3 years)

Pros

a. Senior Mgt. provides the necessary tools and support to set you up for success.
    b. Lots of opportunities for career advancement (horizontal/vertical) and on-site/off-site training.
    c. Most of all, the work environment feels "homey", like you're working with family members and friends ... achieving a common goal.

Cons

Since the company is undergoing tremendous growth both in products and people, we're seeing an increasing challenge on available parking lots. Though the company leased the adjacent building's parking space, it's a challenge to cross the street especially during cold rainy days. Bearable; but can be improved.

Nov 17, 2016 – Mezzetta Representative

Thanks for your feedback. We do understand the parking arrangement is not ideal, and we continue to seek opportunities for improvement.

Lourdes Ahn, Chief People Officer