G&D Integrated Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Patrick Roesler

Pros
Cons
  • G&D was more worried about who was not clocking in then the outcome of projects and researching new business (in 10 reviews)

• pay is horrible, and they treat you like animals (in 2 reviews)

1. "I have had nothing but positive experiences so far!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Morton, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Morton, IL

I have been working at G&D Integrated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Leadership gives you room to try things, take risks and even fail from time to time.

2. There are plenty of folks throughout the organization who are ready and willing to share their expertise with you and mentor you where you think you need improvement.

3. Great work life balance. My last employer would contact me at least a dozen times a day on my personal phone, and it wore on you pretty quickly. Here, when you are out of the office, people go out of their way to let you be, even if you tell them it's okay to contact you!

4. There might not be unlimited potential to move up, per second, but management will bend over backwards to give new challenges and projects to continuously improve your skills.

5. Great team vibe and folks get along pretty well in my facility!

Cons

The pay isn't quite at market rates, but I'll take being happy every day at work with a slight pay cut any day.

Advice to Management

Focus on the world of G&D beyond your immediate network. The executive team should make an appearance at every facility at least once a quarter. Also, focus on developing the people you have to be promotion ready.

2. "A Great Turnaround Story"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Channahon, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Channahon, IL

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company is making clear and obvious changes to help improve the working conditions, pay and environment for the employees. Management, from my direct supervisor, all the way up to the big shots at corporate listen and hear what we have to say. Even if you have bad news, they will pay you mind.

Cons

When changes come down the hill, some of them don't make no sense. But then you see it play out and it's like an eye opener. I think the big wigs should do a better job at letting us know the why behind they changes, not just the how.

Advice to Management

Communicate from the top down. Trickle down communication. Let us know the reasoning too. We isn't stupid, and it will just help us do better for you alls.

"No longer a good company to work for"

Current Employee - Manager in Morton, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Morton, IL

I have been working at G&D Integrated full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are many good employees waiting for sound leadership. "Executive team" works very hard to convince the employees that the future is bright.

Cons

Working at G&D has a feeling of desperation with no job security and zero culture. The "executive team" lacks actual executives with leadership skills. All long term, experienced managers have been systematically eliminated. Turnover of salaried and management positions is extremely high.

Advice to Management

1Please stop posting the bogus positive reviews 2)You cannot create a culture without substance
    3)Take accountability for the company's failures

5. "A good company finding a new heart."

Current Employee - Forklift Operator II in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Forklift Operator II in Peoria, IL

I have been working at G&D Integrated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leaders see where people have real passion and help to advance their skills and passions. They have begun to really listen to employees.

Cons

A lot of long-term coworkers don't see recent changes as positive or are skeptical. They don't feel the new direction is "real".

Advice to Management

The street level employees like myself are what make your business. Use us to help you grow! We have some great ideas that will really help us be a better company for our customers. Make our managers take the time to listen to us!

6. "It's not the destination, it's the journey"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morton, IL

Pros

Company has really focused in the last couple of years to branch away from 1 major customer. Driving to grow in this economic climate is exciting to see!

Cons

None really - Still on the "Journey" as the president says. We all have a lot of work to do yet!

Advice to Management

Continue to work together and show unity.

"À disorganized, misguided, and endless journey into an abyss."

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Central, IL
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Central, IL

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ground level employees are great but lack training and sound leadership. Drivers are the backbone of this company being successful but are grossly under paid.

Cons

No leadership, insufficient trainning, poor process and procedures, departments are micro managed or multiple departments and governed by one or two persons who have no leadership role.

Advice to Management

Fairness, integrity, honesty, and open communication can provide better results than the current process in place.

"Horrible culture"

Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in Morton, IL
    Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in Morton, IL

I have been working at G&D Integrated full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There a couple of bright people here, unfortunately they aren't on the executive team.

Cons

Pay is horrible. President has no idea how to run a company. Last 5 years the company has lost revenue every year.

Advice to Management

Sell the business now while you still have something to sell

"Worse company ever...Recent reviews were posted by President"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morton, IL

I have been working at G&D Integrated full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No positive things to mention. President is a horrible leader, and believes this Growth strategy is going to fix the company. Only way to fix company is for him to leave

Cons

Horrible benefits, expensive medical, non existent training...feels and looks like a prison.

Advice to Management

Quit. Hire an experienced President and get a real CFO

10. "ok"

Current Employee - Line Checker in East Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Line Checker in East Peoria, IL

I have been working at G&D Integrated full-time

Pros

not too much to say

Cons

pay is horrible, and they treat you like animals. No-one knows whats going on and what anyone does there.

Advice to Management

learn what everyone does there!!!

11. "OK Just Average"

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Morton, IL
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Morton, IL

I worked at G&D Integrated (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people were great and the friendliness was always a plus. At times. there was a sense of family. I learned a lot professionally while there and felt like I grew personally.

Cons

Management communication could have and should have been better. At times, we felt out of the loop on changes or business plans. Most management were inexperienced at the time of the changes.

Advice to Management

Listen more to engage employees. Do your best to reintroduce integrity and trust back into the mix by being aware of actions versus words. Say what you mean and mean what you say.