G&D Integrated Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Patrick Roesler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • G&D was more worried about who was not clocking in then the outcome of projects and researching new business (in 10 reviews)

• G&D has all the potential to be a great place to work, they just need to spend some time and money (in 2 reviews)

1. "Exciting Opportunity"

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced and exciting work in a growing industry.

Cons

Management seems disconnected from modern technologies.

2. "Working for G&D"

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paid weekly and that's all I can say.

Cons

I worked for this company nearly 7 years working at Cat BB/GG I seen about 300-400 workers go though this company, that right that should warn you apply else where, in my opinion you are a disposable employee don't think you'll move up fast most of you won't. remember this saying it's not what you know it's who you blow. I reported a Cat employee for tormenting me, my supervisor got pissed at me for reporting it, and HR said there's nothing they could do about it, so your on your own, all because I cared and did a superior job and Cat employees hated me for it. It's your choice to work there and see for yourself. I was locked in a position I wanted out of applied for 3 different position and never got a interview, I had to quit I could no longer take it. Oh I wanted the CEO e-mail they told me they don't have it. Are you kidding me.

Advice to Management

No point they don't care!

3. "Great Company"

I worked at G&D Integrated part-time

Pros

Overall positive experience working part time.

Cons

None I can think of.

"Lack luster, cold, and misleading"

Former Employee - Truck Driver
    Former Employee - Truck Driver

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got a paycheck every week and had somewhat decent benefits

Cons

Senior Managers was disconnected with their employees. Horrible support staff who left you stranded in rail yards for hours upon hours, and you fell off the grid if ever on a breakdown. The treatment of frontline employees such as myself was deplorable and disrepectful. Pressured to work in violations of DOT HOS regulations and non-supportive in assisting with compliance rules of operating safely as a driver.

Advice to Management

Do you really care or are you still giving lip service to your drivers and putting a bandaid on the real problem? Why are there unskilled and unknowkedgeable people working in dispatch, and customer service? The amount of time I wasted sitting doing nothing for hours cost this company more than it did me in lost time. A transportation company you are not when 30% or more of your fleet accounts for lost revenue caused by mismanagement.

"This place lacks luster!!!"

I have been working at G&D Integrated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are paid every week

Cons

The HEAD person in charge at my location has no clue and don't care!!!

Advice to Management

Drivers are the reason why you have a pay check! How about treating us with more respect!!! How about listening to us!! All you do is sit in your office and hide!!

"Slippery Slope....downhill"

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time

Pros

It's a paycheck. Some co-workers are nice.

Cons

The company years ago was a great place to work, but as new management as of about 6 years ago took over and got the company into some financial predicaments, the treatment of it's employees became horrendous. For the skeleton crew that remained, salaries were cut, benefits were slashed. I was one of the lucky ones to get out early, before G&D Integrated, became G&D Dis-Integrated.

7. "A good place to work"

Pros

Enjoyed the type of work I did

Cons

Need better communication from department to department

8. "I have had nothing but positive experiences so far!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Morton, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Morton, IL

I have been working at G&D Integrated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Leadership gives you room to try things, take risks and even fail from time to time.

2. There are plenty of folks throughout the organization who are ready and willing to share their expertise with you and mentor you where you think you need improvement.

3. Great work life balance. My last employer would contact me at least a dozen times a day on my personal phone, and it wore on you pretty quickly. Here, when you are out of the office, people go out of their way to let you be, even if you tell them it's okay to contact you!

4. There might not be unlimited potential to move up, per second, but management will bend over backwards to give new challenges and projects to continuously improve your skills.

5. Great team vibe and folks get along pretty well in my facility!

Cons

The pay isn't quite at market rates, but I'll take being happy every day at work with a slight pay cut any day.

Advice to Management

Focus on the world of G&D beyond your immediate network. The executive team should make an appearance at every facility at least once a quarter. Also, focus on developing the people you have to be promotion ready.

9. "A Great Turnaround Story"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Channahon, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Channahon, IL

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company is making clear and obvious changes to help improve the working conditions, pay and environment for the employees. Management, from my direct supervisor, all the way up to the big shots at corporate listen and hear what we have to say. Even if you have bad news, they will pay you mind.

Cons

When changes come down the hill, some of them don't make no sense. But then you see it play out and it's like an eye opener. I think the big wigs should do a better job at letting us know the why behind they changes, not just the how.

Advice to Management

Communicate from the top down. Trickle down communication. Let us know the reasoning too. We isn't stupid, and it will just help us do better for you alls.

"11 years given but nothing in return from G&D"

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits were nice and affordable.

Cons

This company runs with the idea of reading a "How to .." book and being in the right group of managers. As an employee for over 11 years, there was a lot of give and no recognition from President nor your own boss. G&D was more worried about who was not clocking in then the outcome of projects and researching new business. Raises were taken away for years and also wages were decreased to help the company out during the rough times.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and notice the dedicated employees who were actually during the work instead of rewarding the managers who would sleep at their desks.