G&D Integrated Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 14, 2018

2.4
Patrick Roesler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Fast-paced and exciting work in a growing industry" (in 3 reviews)

• "The only real pro of working here was the lower level employees" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "I was locked in a position I wanted out of applied for 3 different position and never got a interview, I had to quit I could no longer take it" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

I worked at G&D Integrated part-time

Pros

Overall positive experience working part time.

Cons

None I can think of.

2. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Morton, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Morton, IL

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and great benefits

Cons

High turn over and they have a points system that needs updated

Advice to Management

Work more with helping your staff and teams know what your mission and directive is

"Awful Place To Work"

Former Employee - Logistics Supervisor in East Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Logistics Supervisor in East Peoria, IL

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only real pro of working here was the lower level employees. They were down to earth and hard workers.

Cons

1. Lied to from day one in regards to the job description and responsibilities.
    2. Management refuses to take any sort of proactive approach when dealing with potential issues, then when that exact issue arises, management throws the supervisors under the bus.
    3. Management is so far disconnected from the operation, they have next to zero understanding of the day to day challenges faced.
    4. Guilty until proven innocent mentality. Instead of asking or investigating. Management automatically accuses before collecting any of the facts.
    5. Complete confusion and disorganization within all areas of the company. The front line supervisors and hourly employees are the ones effected the most.
    6. Incompetent management uses supervisors as scapegoats to cover their inability to properly manage.

Advice to Management

Get your act together, get engaged with your employees and operations. Quite playing favorites, show some recognition for those who go above and beyond instead of trying to make excuses for those who don’t do their fair share.

"Working for G&D"

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paid weekly and that's all I can say.

Cons

I worked for this company nearly 7 years working at Cat BB/GG I seen about 300-400 workers go though this company, that right that should warn you apply else where, in my opinion you are a disposable employee don't think you'll move up fast most of you won't. remember this saying it's not what you know it's who you blow. I reported a Cat employee for tormenting me, my supervisor got pissed at me for reporting it, and HR said there's nothing they could do about it, so your on your own, all because I cared and did a superior job and Cat employees hated me for it. It's your choice to work there and see for yourself. I was locked in a position I wanted out of applied for 3 different position and never got a interview, I had to quit I could no longer take it. Oh I wanted the CEO e-mail they told me they don't have it. Are you kidding me.

Advice to Management

No point they don't care!

5. "Exciting Opportunity"

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced and exciting work in a growing industry.

Cons

Management seems disconnected from modern technologies.

"Lack luster, cold, and misleading"

Former Employee - Truck Driver
    Former Employee - Truck Driver

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got a paycheck every week and had somewhat decent benefits

Cons

Senior Managers was disconnected with their employees. Horrible support staff who left you stranded in rail yards for hours upon hours, and you fell off the grid if ever on a breakdown. The treatment of frontline employees such as myself was deplorable and disrepectful. Pressured to work in violations of DOT HOS regulations and non-supportive in assisting with compliance rules of operating safely as a driver.

Advice to Management

Do you really care or are you still giving lip service to your drivers and putting a bandaid on the real problem? Why are there unskilled and unknowkedgeable people working in dispatch, and customer service? The amount of time I wasted sitting doing nothing for hours cost this company more than it did me in lost time. A transportation company you are not when 30% or more of your fleet accounts for lost revenue caused by mismanagement.

"This place lacks luster!!!"

I have been working at G&D Integrated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are paid every week

Cons

The HEAD person in charge at my location has no clue and don't care!!!

Advice to Management

Drivers are the reason why you have a pay check! How about treating us with more respect!!! How about listening to us!! All you do is sit in your office and hide!!

"Slippery Slope....downhill"

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time

Pros

It's a paycheck. Some co-workers are nice.

Cons

The company years ago was a great place to work, but as new management as of about 6 years ago took over and got the company into some financial predicaments, the treatment of it's employees became horrendous. For the skeleton crew that remained, salaries were cut, benefits were slashed. I was one of the lucky ones to get out early, before G&D Integrated, became G&D Dis-Integrated.

9. "A good place to work"

Pros

Enjoyed the type of work I did

Cons

Need better communication from department to department

10. "I have had nothing but positive experiences so far!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Morton, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Morton, IL

I have been working at G&D Integrated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Leadership gives you room to try things, take risks and even fail from time to time.

2. There are plenty of folks throughout the organization who are ready and willing to share their expertise with you and mentor you where you think you need improvement.

3. Great work life balance. My last employer would contact me at least a dozen times a day on my personal phone, and it wore on you pretty quickly. Here, when you are out of the office, people go out of their way to let you be, even if you tell them it's okay to contact you!

4. There might not be unlimited potential to move up, per second, but management will bend over backwards to give new challenges and projects to continuously improve your skills.

5. Great team vibe and folks get along pretty well in my facility!

Cons

The pay isn't quite at market rates, but I'll take being happy every day at work with a slight pay cut any day.

Advice to Management

Focus on the world of G&D beyond your immediate network. The executive team should make an appearance at every facility at least once a quarter. Also, focus on developing the people you have to be promotion ready.