FilterNew York City, NY Area
I have been working at G&S Business Communications full-time (More than 3 years)
Great company if you want to work 9 to 5 in the PR world, which is a rarity.
Not a lot of diversity in clients. If you are hired to work on one account, chances are you will not be able to work on anything else.
Advice to Management
Invest in skills and people development for your company.
I have been working at G&S Business Communications full-time
- Very nice and smart co-workers
- No late nights or crazy work hours
- Convenient mid-town location (for NYC office)
- Manageable work load
- Occasional office Happy Hour
- Low employee turnover
- Extremely low pay for the city and industry
- Not a lot of variety in projects/client work
- Tends to be a bit bureaucratic
- Not an environment that promotes creativity and out of the box thinking; tends to be very straightforward basic PR
- Low employee turnover (can be good as noted above) can also leave your thinking in a rut
- Junior employees are somewhat looked down upon and not given "ownership" on projects. All level of AE's be prepared to strictly execute.
Advice to Management
- Focus more on attracting new business so your employees can work on a variety of clients, projects, etc. Currently relying too heavily on one or two major accounts and putting too many eggs in one basket.
- Do a better job of nurturing, developing and including junior staff. There is a lot of talent you're not tapping into there. This would go far in helping break away from the "bland" or "boring" reputation. Just because they're Junior doesn't mean they don't have good ideas for planning and strategy...include them in the process for fresher thinking!
- Work on more transparency and communication with your employees. As communication professionals I have been surprised how many times an internal issue was handled poorly.
- Really need to get up to speed/educated on the digital landscape. G&S is way behind on this critical component of communications today.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?