G2 Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Account Executive

G2 Account Executive Reviews

Updated Jan 10, 2020

4.2
G2 Co-Founder and CEO Godard Abel  (no image)
Godard Abel

"Have really enjoyed my time at G2 so far, excited for the future"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Really great product / platform - it's constantly improving which makes it "easier" to sell -Fulfills a need in the software industry -Brand awareness has never been higher...in almost every conversation I have, the prospect knows G2 (was not the case when I started at the company). Marketing team is killing it. -Executive team has had success growing other companies, it's comforting knowing the company is very stable -Executive team does their best to be very transparent. Have monthly all-hands and SKO's twice a year. -Everyone in the company is accessible - if you need help from C-level, VP, etc you can usually reach them pretty easily. They will almost always help on deals if you ask which I appreciate. -On the sales team(s) there is a good amount of internal promotions to leadership positions. The outside hires have been outstanding. -Great benefits / perks -Offices are awesome (Chicago and SF)

Cons

-The pay for sales is average. I don't feel "underpaid" but I do know other Chicago/SF companies that pay more for similar sales roles. -We have a very tough interview/hiring process, which I can appreciate, but frustrating when we are behind on hiring goals -There are some teams (not mine) that have expressed their frustration in being micromanaged

Advice to Management

Love working at G2, truly feel lucky to have gotten in when I did. Keep being transparent with your employees and let's take this thing to the moon.

G22019-10-22
  2. "Growing Pains but Amazing Platform"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at G2 full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Buyers do come to G2 to read reviews about software Lots of white space at accounts to grow our product set Autonomy to do your best work

Cons

Its a difficult product to learn/understand The review content seems to be volume based instead of quality, think they are fixing that though

Advice to Management

Review quality probably needs to be a focus

G22020-01-10

"It’s a normal business - nothing more nothing less"

I have been working at G2 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits package is strong. It is easy to make friends because 80% of the company is roughly the same age. Sometimes if you squint really hard you can feel like the work you are doubt is having a positive impact on society. If you are friends with the right people there is upward mobility.

Cons

Too much constant shuffling. Managers and directors aren’t qualified. Too much in-fighting between departments. A complete lack of diversity that leadership denies and HR explains away. I’ve also heard from some of my female coworkers that HR is removing “safe space” channels due to complaints, so that’s not a good sign.

Advice to Management

Cut out a layer of middle management. They just cost you money and don’t do anything.

G22019-09-12

"Unlike any other company"

I have been working at G2 full-time for more than a year

Pros

G2 has a culture i've never seen before in my years in the professional world. The leaders really strive to live by their values in everything they do, and really care about their employees and making G2 the best place to work. Not only through the numerous amazing perks (free lunch 4 days a week, unlimited PTO, AMAZING healthcare benefits, free swag, apple products, giveaways, fully stocked kitchen/fridge) but also in their investment in their employees. They've put in efforts to ensure all employees are fairly paid, are building career paths for all roles, are opening an incredible new office in Chicago and San Francisco, and are offering international opportunities. This is a great time to get aboard this rocketship!

Cons

Similar to other commenters, this company is going through some insane growth right now which comes with some pains. You have to really dive in head first to the start up life, which means very hard work and requires flexibility. If you're not up to the challenge then G2 isn't for you. It's also a very young workforce, with that comes some immaturity.

Advice to Management

Improve communication to the organization as a whole, and be more proactive than reactive.

G22019-05-15

"Excited to be a part of this rocketship!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 full-time for less than a year

Pros

I get to work and collaborate with some scary smart people. Great culture and team environment. Huge potential for growth and career progression. Tons of growth and future opportunity.

Cons

With current fast pace growth comes some speed bumps. Processes being defined for scale.

Advice to Management

Keep engaging with your employees, don't sacrifice office culture for bad eggs that could potentially be good sellers.

G22018-12-06

"Cash Cow Servant"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at G2 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great compensation for the infantile Sells the dream to new hires (if you can survive) Track record of entrepreneurs

Cons

Leadership is boxed in by niche industry their experience is derived from. No software experience at all. Wild Wild West sales What have you done for me lately mentality (past 30 days regardless of segment, even enterprise) Ready to exit, which can be great except track record shows only interest in in best interest of founders Not a scalable solution, very siloed and zero internal resources for current customers. BEWARE SHORT TERM PLAY

G22018-10-20

"Great Product and Great People"

I have been working at G2 full-time for less than a year

Pros

-The product has real value to software companies and improves the way B2B buyers are making purchasing decisions -Some of the smartest and motivated people I've worked with across the board -I have had continuous training and learning opportunities -Managers and other sales leaders sit in on meetings at the drop of a hat -Members of the team are always open to share ideas and tactics that are working for them -Leadership team is amazing...I feel very comfortable knowing who is at the helm -Leadership is extremely transparent with the business Secondary pros: -Fully stocked kitchen -Free lunch 4 days a week -Gym in building -Great benefits -Everyone (including management and executives) is on the floor together

Cons

-Occasionally there are mixed messages across the sales team(s)...it usually gets cleared up quickly but can be frustrating -We work with companies across the World so meeting times are occasionally at very odd hours, but that is something I expected when I started here

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

G22018-06-20

"Amazing Company and Opportunity"

I have been working at G2 full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is great! Very transparent with finances and goals from the top down. CEO cares about employees! Opportunity to grow with the company.

Cons

Office is getting a bit cramped due to so many new hires

Advice to Management

N/A

G22018-01-11

"I didn't realize that one could actually love their job"

Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2

Pros

I came from a job where they discouraged new ideas and micromanaged you until your soul was crushed. This place is the exact opposite. They coach you and deliver everything you need to succeed. Whether it's the best sales software or simply asking "how can I help?" The culture is amazing here too. Cubs games, events, dinners, free lunches 4 days a week and even beer pong in the office at times. We have a neat office downtown in the loop. People are friendly and most live in the city so there's a lot of weekend hangouts too. The best part of being an AE is you are pitching to C-Level and VPs of software companies. These people are way smarter than me and I learn from them every day. I have also been able to expand my own personal brand by working here because I have CEOs reaching out to me on a daily basis.

Cons

Since I have worked here, and all the free lunches we have had, not once has it been pizza. If you want a job, like yahoo, where you do just enough to get by - pass. Hard work is rewarded here. Also, you can't bring your dog to the office, but that's more of a building restriction.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

G22016-09-29

"Exciting Sales Environment with lots of Growth"

I have been working at G2 full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great. Working here you are surrounded by dozens of very bright and motivated colleagues. Being a growing company I get the opportunity to work both with younger people and more experienced leaders. I work in sales and have gained exposure working with tons of different software companies - dealing with everything from small businesses to enterprise giants in any industry. At accounts I get to work with directors all the way up to c-level employees. Mostly inside sales but a lot of opportunities to travel to events and in-person customer/prospect meetings.

Cons

With all the growth and initiatives G2 Crowd takes on, it is very fast-paced (which is great for me personally), but this leads sometimes to a lack of communication between departments and slow response times to requests.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring smart motivated people, work on more cross-department collaboration projects

G22016-09-29