G2 Crowd Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Great place to grow"

Current Employee - Early Team Member in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Early Team Member in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 Crowd full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tons of learning opportunities and potential for advancement. Mostly great people. Most seem to care about their employees.

Cons

Fast growing companies can be very stressful. Bringing in new leaders can be abrasive and when your growing so fast, it's easy to miss. They also don't always pay as much as other companies, but I didn't take the job for the money.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture as you grow. People joined because they liked it or believed in it. If that changes, many will leave. Not all the new leaders are respectful or believe the same values that made me take the job. This makes it much harder. Still a good company, just some bad eggs.

2. "Fast-growing company with a lot of potential"

Current Employee - Director of Talent Acquisition in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director of Talent Acquisition in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 Crowd full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

G2 is growing rapidly. With $100m in investment from equity partners, the firm is poised to hire over 100 people in 2019. The rapid growth will provide tremendous career options and paths for employees to also progress quickly. There are a lot of nice perks - free lunch 4 out of 5 days; 80% firm-paid medical benefits; unlimited PTO

Cons

One has to be willing to work in an environment that is quickly-paced. There is occasional ambiguity in processes as the firm scales - very typical in this type of environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to support and develop the employees of the firm and the culture they prize.

3. "Young, smart, and savvy"

Current Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 Crowd full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This "rocketship" is on the fast-track to success. Seriously, everyone here is young, smart, savvy, and extremely driven to scale this company. I've never worked at a place where everyone has gotten behind a mission and worked in-sync toward company-wide goals. Love this place.

Cons

G2 is scaling very quickly, and you'll see a lot of new faces in the office. This adds to the mix of the company culture, which is overall great, but there are sometimes those awkward moments.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower and have trust in your employees.

"Excited to be a part of this rocketship!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 Crowd full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I get to work and collaborate with some scary smart people. Great culture and team environment. Huge potential for growth and career progression. Tons of growth and future opportunity.

Cons

With current fast pace growth comes some speed bumps. Processes being defined for scale.

Advice to Management

Keep engaging with your employees, don't sacrifice office culture for bad eggs that could potentially be good sellers.

"Cash Cow Servant"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at G2 Crowd full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great compensation for the infantile
    Sells the dream to new hires (if you can survive)
    Track record of entrepreneurs

Cons

Leadership is boxed in by niche industry their experience is derived from. No software experience at all. Wild Wild West sales
    What have you done for me lately mentality (past 30 days regardless of segment, even enterprise)
    Ready to exit, which can be great except track record shows only interest in in best interest of founders
    Not a scalable solution, very siloed and zero internal resources for current customers. BEWARE
    SHORT TERM PLAY

"One of the most exciting opportunities in tech"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 Crowd full-time (More than a year)

Pros

G2 Crowd is in a major growth stage, which makes every day more exciting than the last. Great team members, empowering management, cool office in the loop. Lunch, basic breakfast foods, snacks, and drinks included. Merit-based promotions and raises.

Most important is that our executive team has truly made G2 Crowd feel like a family. It's one of the most supportive and collaborative environments I've been in.

Cons

Some internal silos that we're working on. Other than that, mostly just your typical growing pains

Advice to Management

Top-down communication is key. Hiring new, top talent is exciting, but don't forget about the long-term employees. Keep up the good work!

"Lack of Understanding"

I worked at G2 Crowd full-time

Pros

Location, lunches, and view. Some of the people are nice, and mean well

Cons

Disrespect for experience, lack of discipline. The clicks are like high school...

Advice to Management

Stop with the help society and have people focus

"Great Product and Great People"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 Crowd full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The product has real value to software companies and improves the way B2B buyers are making purchasing decisions
    -Some of the smartest and motivated people I've worked with across the board
    -I have had continuous training and learning opportunities
    -Managers and other sales leaders sit in on meetings at the drop of a hat
    -Members of the team are always open to share ideas and tactics that are working for them
    -Leadership team is amazing...I feel very comfortable knowing who is at the helm
    -Leadership is extremely transparent with the business

Secondary pros:
    -Fully stocked kitchen
    -Free lunch 4 days a week
    -Gym in building
    -Great benefits
    -Everyone (including management and executives) is on the floor together

Cons

-Occasionally there are mixed messages across the sales team(s)...it usually gets cleared up quickly but can be frustrating
    -We work with companies across the World so meeting times are occasionally at very odd hours, but that is something I expected when I started here

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

9. "Proud to work at G2Crowd"

I have been working at G2 Crowd full-time

Pros

Although G2Crowd is not perfect, thanks to the people and the culture, we've been growing exponentially, and I believe we will continue to do so.

I’m writing this review to just praise the product team. Every single person brings something important to the table, and the collaboration that we have is just getting better. The reason is because of the leadership in our team (designers, product managers, Engineers and CTO).

When I first started, I thought the CTO was a nice, funny and witty guy, but as I got to know him, his compassionated personality has inspired me to work harder. I love that we all seat on the same type of desk, and that he seats next to other Junior and mid-level engineers. He is a real smart guy with ton common sense, but at the same time very down to earth.

About the Senior Engineers, oh man, they are literally the smartest people I’ve met. The way they troubleshoot issues is in a different level. They all bring different gifts to the table, and It’s always great working with them. They are equally awesome, and their leadership, patience and open-mindedness has been pushing the team farther. Sometimes, they are too busy, but it’s understandable as our sprints are packed with features, bug fixes, etc.

In summary, I can’t be more thankful for the team. Everyone in the team is looking to get better and do their best. We are still improving, but this is what has motivated me to write this review. The fact that we are pursuing to get better and are continuously looking for ways to improve in every way.

Upper management encourages new ideas, and you can feel safe when sharing these. You get to learn a ton, and It’s just a really positive environment.

Cons

On Taco Tuesday, sometimes, they don't have guacamole :(

Advice to Management

Keep hiring positive people, and pushing forward on the positivism and good practices (knowledge transfer, etc)

10. "Fast Paced and Exciting"

I have been working at G2 Crowd full-time

Pros

Everything moves quickly. You have the ability to make meaningful impact on the business regardless of your job level. The team is bright and works hard towards the overall mission.

Free lunch and unlimited vacation are just part of the perks.

The best part is the culture and the people. Different events and outings are complimented by giving back to the community through our G2 Gives program.

Cons

Scaling is always challenging but the team has done a nice job of listening to feedback and adjusting as necessary

Advice to Management

Continue to grow but keep culture in mind. Our colleagues are what keep us here and happy.