G2 Inc. Reviews in Annapolis Junction, MD | Glassdoor

1. "Great environment"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company that invests in innovation rather than just paying lip service to the idea. How? There is a new lab and a budget for an employee-led program. Everyone I've met their work and customer support responsibility seriously but the atmosphere is still light enough to be fun. Leadership is constantly, visibly engaged with individuals and project teams. It is also a great learning environment where collaboration and knowledge sharing are the norm. This all sounds like a company brochure, but it's my true experience.

Cons

I haven't found the flaws yet.

2. "Great company with a family feel"

Current Employee - Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love the culture at G2. Everyone is extremely personable, the work is meaningful, ideas are valued, and I've felt like a member of the family from day one.

- Professional development benefit is the best I've seen around.
    - Other benefits (401k, medical, dental) are top notch.
    - Company events that remind everyone that we're all one team.
    - Broad diversity of work options within and among some really great industries.
    - Flexible management that's helpful and willing to listen.

Cons

Nothing so far! I've really enjoyed my time with the company!

Advice to Management

Everything I've seen so far is encouraging. Management is understanding, flexible, and willing to listen to employees (and even tasks employees to look at benefits and offer suggestions or improvements), which is extremely hard to find in other companies. Keep taking care of the mission and the people, and everything else will fall in line!

3. "Finally Landed Where I Was Supposed To Land"

Current Employee - Solutions Team Leader in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Solutions Team Leader in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can do what you have been seeking to fulfill your career.
    I have run a fantastic internship for G2, since being hired, and to date G2 has hired 6 of my former interns.

"Explore", "Dream", "What if?", "Let's do something hard.", "Show me"
    We live by our founder's vision. He enables us to build; he wants us to build, so we build.

Cons

Class A office space prevents us from doing really extreme "things".
    We are running out of room but want to keep all of G2 family together if we move to a bigger space.

Advice to Management

You enable us to do great things. Keep doing EXACTLY what you are doing. Looking forward to our next growth experience.

Mar 16, 2017 – Resource Manager

"Explore", "Dream", "What if?", "Let's do something hard.", "Show me" the foundations of innovation. We're lucky to have you here at G2.

4. "Best company I've worked for ..."

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are awesome. They have fantastic company sponsored events for those who like that type of thing. I always feel welcome to talk to anyone in the company, from the president to the owner, to any random G2 employee I run into in the elevator. They care about the people rather than just the money they can make off of you.

Cons

The only bad thing that I can think of would be the leave policy. Because honestly, who couldn't use more leave? More is better.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing. I appreciate all of the time I've spent as an employee of G2 Inc.

5. "Love working here"

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For me, G2 is all about the culture. It fosters an atmosphere for innovation and learning. I can honestly say that I am challenged every day which I love. In the few years that I have worked for the company, I learned more than all my prior experience combined.

The employees at G2 are friendly and caring. You can always find an expert willing to take the time to work with you and help you figure out a challenging problem. I have built some great friendships with employees as well. We often get together outside of work to do fun activities like going hiking or seeing a ball game.

I have been fortunate enough spend each day working with new technologies and on challenging projects. G2 has also allowed my ideas to come to fruition. On several occasions, my innovative ideas have been included on existing contracts and on R & D efforts.

Cons

Employees working on offsite contracts can feel a bit disconnected from the work and employees at G2 headquarters. I would recommend offering classes and other learning opportunities at headquarters to help pull some offsite workers into the loop. Give them an idea of the work G2 is doing on other contracts and what opportunities are available for these employees to work on.

Advice to Management

There is no program at G2 that helps outline career progression for employees. It is on the employee to approach management about alternate opportunities and advancement. This can be difficult for those working offsite.

6. "Loved working at G2!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at G2 Inc. (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company with a fun and quirky culture, as well as a sincere and tenacious interest in industry innovation. I loved working at G2! The benefits were excellent and I truly believe that my manager cared about his team. Paul Green, the company's CEO, is a trailblazer and a phenomenal mentor, as were Roger, Pete, and the other company leaders. Overall, G2 was a really great place to work. I'd absolutely recommend this company to my friends.

Cons

Career progression can be slow and/or non-existent depending on your role. If I'd seen an opportunity to progress professionally, I likely would have stayed. I didn't always feel that my team acknowledged the value of my input or utilized my full potential.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in people and culture as you're able. Be sure that *all* of the company's key influencers are adopting a management style that's consistent with company values. Trust is everything. Be transparent with your teams. Keep doing what you're doing! You guys are awesome.

Jun 17, 2016 – Resource Manager

These are some fantastic insights. We understand there are things for us to work on in terms of advancement. As we grow those opportunities will come. Our customers mission and our employees are... More

7. "Be Great Again"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at G2 Inc. full-time

Pros

Small government contractor that has a family feel to it.
    Work/Life balance is still valued.
    Salary's are competitive and leadership strives for the best out of each employee, and employees are rewarded for their efforts.

Cons

If you're billable, management will stick you in a contract even if it's not the right fit.
    Push for innovation and cutting edge thought process, but the equipment they provide is not cutting edge.
    Need to provide users with the right tools to succeed

Advice to Management

When I first started at G2, they had a "work hard / play hard" culture. They valued innovation and looked for employees to push their skills to the limit. They asked for each "G2er" to search for ways to make technology and the business better, not just meet the status quo. They rewarded employees for that edge.
    Over the course of a couple years, G2 lost that vision.
    In an effort to make the next level from a corporate standpoint, they lost their way, made mistakes but didn't take ownership of those mistakes. They deflected the problem.

For example, I recommended to leadership a process that worked in a larger contractor and the CEO said, "we are not everyone else." When I said, "but it works" I was quickly shut down.
    I know it's cliché, but don't cut off your nose to spite your face. If something works, don't change it for the sake of being innovative.
    G2 is still a good place to work, ...I think it can be great again, but the owners need to take a long look inside and evaluate themselves and take ownership for mistakes, not place blame.

"Truly wonderful company!"

Former Employee - Systems Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Former Employee - Systems Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the interview to the last day, you always know your working at a leading edge company! I have never had the pleasure of working for a firm like this before and I can tell you personally its beyond leading edge. From the caliber of people they hire (thanks to Lee Wanless), the work atmosphere they cultivate, the projects they select (not get stuck with) to the access you have to anyone in the company for what ever reason you can dream of, this place is the best I have ever worked at and hope to come back to. They not only support open initiatives they look to make the cyber world a safer place!

Cons

The clients they help are limited at this time but they are working to diversify this actively and they are primes for most of the contracts they work on!

Mar 23, 2016 – Resource Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of G2. We try really hard every day to make G2 a place where our employees want to come to work. The work we perform is important and there is... More

"Lots of overhead"

Current Employee - Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company cares about the employees. Even during government shutdown, when a lot of contracts were suspended, they let people stay on the bench and didn't let them go.

Cons

Company is becoming so focused on growing that they aren't focused on hiring the best people. Lots of management means lots of overhead.

Advice to Management

Refine your hiring process. The best engineers want to work with the best people.

10. "Smart people working for all the right reasons"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open, creative, innovative environment. Technology people from all walks of life working on some meaningful, challenging work. Family values and open door policies across management. Strong benefits and compensation. Large number of contracts for a smaller company with plenty of position flexibility.

Cons

if you are not intrinsically motivated you may struggle with the pace and drive of the other engineers. Various typical pains while dealing with mostly federal gov contracts.

Jun 30, 2014 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! My big take away from your comments are being "Intrinsically Motivated". You hit the nail on the head! At G2 we deliberately hire candidates... More