G2 Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paul Green

1. "Finally Landed Where I Was Supposed To Land"

Current Employee - Solutions Team Leader in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Solutions Team Leader in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can do what you have been seeking to fulfill your career.
    I have run a fantastic internship for G2, since being hired, and to date G2 has hired 6 of my former interns.

"Explore", "Dream", "What if?", "Let's do something hard.", "Show me"
    We live by our founder's vision. He enables us to build; he wants us to build, so we build.

Cons

Class A office space prevents us from doing really extreme "things".
    We are running out of room but want to keep all of G2 family together if we move to a bigger space.

Advice to Management

You enable us to do great things. Keep doing EXACTLY what you are doing. Looking forward to our next growth experience.

2. "Best company I've worked for ..."

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are awesome. They have fantastic company sponsored events for those who like that type of thing. I always feel welcome to talk to anyone in the company, from the president to the owner, to any random G2 employee I run into in the elevator. They care about the people rather than just the money they can make off of you.

Cons

The only bad thing that I can think of would be the leave policy. Because honestly, who couldn't use more leave? More is better.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing. I appreciate all of the time I've spent as an employee of G2 Inc.

3. "Incredible company - The best place I have ever worked"

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

G2 has a true family and team atmosphere. The leadership team has is embedded with both the corporate employees and our engineers in the field. The G2 leadership and management team promote the hiring of good people who fit into the G2 culture and the trust us to do our job so there is no micromanagement. In less than one year I have seen a lot of great things - several employees being promoted, engineers moved to new projects when they were looking for new challenges, high profile customers requesting demonstrations of G2 products, a new large prime project award, improvements to already excellent benefits, and a team of people who genuinely enjoy the people we work with.
    On a personal note in a year filled with events that kept me out of the office everyone at G2 from the top down were all fully supportive beyond what any person would ask of their employer. I'm one of the few people I know who honestly says I love my company and I love my job.

Cons

Cons are very few
    - An automatic employer contribution to the 401k in addition to the safe harbor match.
    - There's Coke in the soda fountain, but it should be Pepsi and we should also have Mountain Dew

Advice to Management

None - our management has the rare ability to see things from the employees perspectives. When they make decisions about health and welfare benefits they look at it from our point of view not their own.

5. "Diverse, Innovative, and Fun"

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time

Pros

I consider myself fortunate to have found a place where I’m genuinely satisfied with what I do. Transitioning from 27 years of military service, I did not want to end up in a job where I was just a body in a seat for billable purposes. There were plenty of those types of offers. I was intrigued from the start when I was initially contacted by the company recruiter, Lee Wanless. The first meeting consisted of a tour and a determination of whether or not I’d be a good “fit” with the company. He mentioned G2 has a relatively thorough interview process. I scheduled a follow-on meeting and was impressed with the dynamics of the interview. It was obvious they were concerned about my character and personality as much as my expertise. As my interest continued to grow, I asked to meet with the team that I’d be working with. I actually returned multiple times to get a good sense. The team obviously enjoyed the work and seemed happy with the culture that G2 provides. 3 months has passed since being hired and that initial assessment is confirmed. This company cares about its people and in-turn the people care about the company. If you’re looking to develop professionally with a great diversity of top notch people, G2 is the place to be.

Cons

Nothing has really hit me as a negative for this place. I've only been here for 3 months. It's a nice change from working in the military where the rigid structure and bureaucracy can put a damper on innovation.

Advice to Management

On track for continued progress and success. Fantastic work culture. Keep looking out for and taking care of people.

6. "Great company"

Former Employee - Director of People Services in Elkridge, MD
    Former Employee - Director of People Services in Elkridge, MD

I worked at G2 Inc. (More than 5 years)

Pros

Creative, personable, employee-focused leadership team. Fun culture. Broad portfolio of technical employment opportunities across multiple customer sets. Internal grant/R&D program.

Cons

I can't think of any cons at this point. G2 has evolved and improved over the past several years and appear to be doing very well.

7. "Network Analyst"

Pros

The people are what make G2 an amazing company. G2 is focused on its people and they realize that people are their most valuable asset. They are willing to move mountains to ensure their employees are taken care of.

Cons

I don't get to spend a lot of time with my fellow G2er's

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

8. "Awesome place to work"

Pros

My time at G2 has been very enjoyable. The people and culture here are awesome and the benefits are great!

Cons

It can be difficult for employees who are not somewhat assertive to find good opportunities for career growth.

Advice to Management

Try to work with your employees on their personal career growth, create or help them find opportunities for growth and education.

9. "Great Company. Great Culture. Great Move."

Pros

G2 is a great company to work for. It’s not about profits. It’s not about getting by. It’s about doing what’s right for the client and its employees. This is a company that genuinely believes in its people and wants to become better. G2 is the first company in a long time where executive leadership encourages new ideas and wants to hear from its employees to become better from a technological perspective and from a business side as well. For a small company that is growing, they’re doing all of the right things: increasing their benefits package, going after more prime contracts and focusing on its core clients and technologies. They also believe truly, in a work-life balance - every payday Friday they provide home cooked breakfast, have creative employee engagements, have a code camp for high school students and lots of other fun and unique activities.

Cons

None come to my mind.

Advice to Management

Keep growing smartly and continue doing the proper things on behalf of your clients and employees.

10. "Love working here"

Current Employee - Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For me, G2 is all about the culture. It fosters an atmosphere for innovation and learning. I can honestly say that I am challenged every day which I love. In the few years that I have worked for the company, I learned more than all my prior experience combined.

The employees at G2 are friendly and caring. You can always find an expert willing to take the time to work with you and help you figure out a challenging problem. I have built some great friendships with employees as well. We often get together outside of work to do fun activities like going hiking or seeing a ball game.

I have been fortunate enough spend each day working with new technologies and on challenging projects. G2 has also allowed my ideas to come to fruition. On several occasions, my innovative ideas have been included on existing contracts and on R & D efforts.

Cons

Employees working on offsite contracts can feel a bit disconnected from the work and employees at G2 headquarters. I would recommend offering classes and other learning opportunities at headquarters to help pull some offsite workers into the loop. Give them an idea of the work G2 is doing on other contracts and what opportunities are available for these employees to work on.

Advice to Management

There is no program at G2 that helps outline career progression for employees. It is on the employee to approach management about alternate opportunities and advancement. This can be difficult for those working offsite.

11. "Loved working at G2!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at G2 Inc. (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company with a fun and quirky culture, as well as a sincere and tenacious interest in industry innovation. I loved working at G2! The benefits were excellent and I truly believe that my manager cared about his team. Paul Green, the company's CEO, is a trailblazer and a phenomenal mentor, as were Roger, Pete, and the other company leaders. Overall, G2 was a really great place to work. I'd absolutely recommend this company to my friends.

Cons

Career progression can be slow and/or non-existent depending on your role. If I'd seen an opportunity to progress professionally, I likely would have stayed. I didn't always feel that my team acknowledged the value of my input or utilized my full potential.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in people and culture as you're able. Be sure that *all* of the company's key influencers are adopting a management style that's consistent with company values. Trust is everything. Be transparent with your teams. Keep doing what you're doing! You guys are awesome.

G2 Inc. Response

Jun 17, 2016 – Resource Manager

These are some fantastic insights. We understand there are things for us to work on in terms of advancement. As we grow those opportunities will come. Our customers mission and our employees are ... More