G2 Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 12, 2019

4.8
Paul Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Having the ability to effect change from within is crucial and G2 provides a great place to do that" (in 5 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance is still valued" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "There's not a lot of hand holding going on here with career development and no onerous HR processes related to it" (in 2 reviews)

• "Tea options for the Keurigs and maybe a beverage fridge for non-soda drinking choices to supplement the awesome kitchen" (in 2 reviews)

"Thank You, G2"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. (More than 8 years)

Pros

It is my greatest honor to be at the helm of G2, now, for nearly 18 years and what I will say about this company is that it is far more than a collection of people working for a living, it is a family committed to a set of common beliefs. All are patriots working hard for their country and making the sacrifices required to deliver technical excellence to protect the country they love all for the freedoms they are given. I will forever be in debt to the hundreds of people who walked through our doors, daily, to deliver on the G2 promise. As a company, we were committed to: questioning the status quo, looking for better ways to do things, trying to improve, and trying to solve some of the most complex problems our customers have. We have always been an organization committed to trying to do more than what was expected of us. We were blessed to have customers who believed in us, who shared their ideas with us and who gave us the opportunity to support their critical missions. I am eternally grateful to have had the opportunity to work with such a great and diverse group of people; many of whom have become dear friends. During this journey, we faced many challenges; together, we’ve overcome sequesters and shut downs; births and deaths; successes and failures, and through it all we treated each other fairly and with kindness. We were doggedly determined to turn our ideas into real world positive impact. As I look back, I am proud of all the things we accomplished together. I will miss the ring dang do we called G2, but I am grateful for all of the friendships made along the way. Thank you, G2 for the many years of hard work and commitment to the cause. I am humbled to have been associated with some many remarkable people.

Cons

I wish I could think of one.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people and they'll take care of your customers.

2. "Growing"

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

G2 is always growing and expanding

Cons

No slow periods which is nice to stay busy

3. "Family Culture and Challenging Work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Jessup, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Jessup, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at G2 a little over a year and have nothing but amazing things to say. Having worked at both start-ups and large enterprises, G2 is the best of all worlds. It is a family culture where people know you and look out for one another on both a personal and professional level. The often-disguised toxicity of a "fast-paced" environment is non-existent which allows engineers to push boundaries without overwhelming stress and impossible expectations. The engineering talent is incredible and humble, and the work is challenging and appealing. Teams are engaged and solve tough problems with teamwork. Leadership supports new initiatives and new approaches to move the bar forward. Their approach allows processes to adapt to the problem and grow more organically between different teams. Having the ability to effect change from within is crucial and G2 provides a great place to do that. Benefits, both traditional (health, 401k, etc.) and non-traditional (education, team-building, company events) are equally amazing.

Cons

If you prefer a more rigid environment or large hierarchies, G2 is probably not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - looking after your people and bringing challenging work and talented people to the table.

4. "Talented People, Great Environment"

Current Employee - Information Engineer in York, PA
    Current Employee - Information Engineer in York, PA

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The environment that has been fostered at G2 has acted like a magnet that attracts the most talented and brightest minds. These individuals not only seek to improve themselves, but go above and beyond to help build each other up. Also, the Leadership at G2 really listen to and take care of their employees.

Cons

This category is not applicable to this organization

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

5. "Principal Cross Domain Systems Engineer"

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time

Pros

G2 is a highly innovative company and seeks self motivated people who are able to apply their knowledge, abilities & skills across multiple disciplines in a dynamic environment. Benefits are excellent and where employee cost is concerned, very reasonable.

Cons

There is no downside to employment with G2

6. "System Engineer"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is absolutely amazing and the employees are humble but driven at the same time. It is a great team environment where you want to come to work each day.

The executive staff is also amazing and it is driven by the example of the CEO and founder Paul. A super smart guy who has an ability to roll up his sleeves and take a seat at the working table but not ever make you feel like you can't express your opinions.

As an example, never have I been told by a CEO to pick something that you think you may fail at and give it a shot in the workplace....his point was in order to be innovative you can't be afraid to fail. If you're looking for a great company to join then G2 is the place for you.

Cons

Honestly none....I look forward to coming to work everyday.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The environment and leadership of all of the senior management is spot on. You empower your people and make everyone on the team a valued member of the solutions.

7. "Looking around? Look no further."

Current Employee - Security Engineer in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Security Engineer in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a retired Government employee I was stressed about making the change to the private sector, but G2 made it easy. Their intake process was a snap, they understood my concerns, and they met all of my requests and more. The benefits are among the best of any company out there, and the "administrative overhead" I'd become so accustomed to in the Government is practically non-existent. Their concern for what's important to me is genuine, and they're always happy to help with whatever it is that I need. The G2 office space is open and warm, and the kitchen is always stocked; it feels like a second home. If you're looking around, look no further.

Cons

The only down side I've seen so far is that my time spent at the G2 office itself is limited due to most of my time being on-site with the customer. But then I guess that speaks to the quality of service G2 provides to the customer.

Advice to Management

You've got it right, don't change.

G2 Inc. Response

May 1, 2018 – Lead Resource Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We truly do appreciate it!

8. "Amazing people, challenging and rewarding work"

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

G2 provides a fantastic work environment. They give their employees a cool, laid-back place to work, while at the same time providing them with engaging and fulfilling work. They offer many opportunities for career growth, providing employees with funding for tuition, and for industry certifications. They foster an idea-driven work ethic, encouraging even the newest employees to speak up if they think something could be done more efficiently or effectively. G2 also allows employees to host meetings on-premises to present projects they've been working on in their off time. I've only been working at G2 for a little over a month now, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the time I've spent here already, and I hope to be around for a good while.

Cons

I miss my desk by the window

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work!

9. "Best Job I ever had"

Current Employee - Cyber Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere here at G2 is really supportive and always empowering people to explore new ideas. There is a big emphasis on creativity in all areas. If you have a better idea on something as simple as time keeping or as big as a complete process change, you are encouraged to bring your ideas to management. There is no holding on to information or backstabbing that happens some times with tech companies. People across all projects work together on a regular basis and I never felt like I couldn't just walk up to anyone in the company to ask a question, including the CEO.

Cons

The toilet paper is single ply.

Advice to Management

Advice? None. Appreciation? Much!

10. "Great People, Great opportunities"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A people first company, G2 values it's employees and will give you the opportunities IF you ask for them. It's a company where YOU make the best of your employment and make good friends in the process.

Cons

Smaller company, so some of their processes are less defined. In some cases, that can lead to disorganization.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Never relinquish the employee first mentality.

G2 Inc. Response

May 1, 2018 – Lead Resource Manager

I think you hit the nail on the head with your review. We encourage our internal moves process so asking about new opportunities at G2 key. In other companies that is frowned upon. We don't see that... More