G2 Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.9
Paul Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Principal Cross Domain Systems Engineer"

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time

Pros

G2 is a highly innovative company and seeks self motivated people who are able to apply their knowledge, abilities & skills across multiple disciplines in a dynamic environment. Benefits are excellent and where employee cost is concerned, very reasonable.

Cons

There is no downside to employment with G2

2. "System Engineer"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is absolutely amazing and the employees are humble but driven at the same time. It is a great team environment where you want to come to work each day.

The executive staff is also amazing and it is driven by the example of the CEO and founder Paul. A super smart guy who has an ability to roll up his sleeves and take a seat at the working table but not ever make you feel like you can't express your opinions.

As an example, never have I been told by a CEO to pick something that you think you may fail at and give it a shot in the workplace....his point was in order to be innovative you can't be afraid to fail. If you're looking for a great company to join then G2 is the place for you.

Cons

Honestly none....I look forward to coming to work everyday.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The environment and leadership of all of the senior management is spot on. You empower your people and make everyone on the team a valued member of the solutions.

3. "Looking around? Look no further."

Current Employee - Security Engineer in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Security Engineer in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a retired Government employee I was stressed about making the change to the private sector, but G2 made it easy. Their intake process was a snap, they understood my concerns, and they met all of my requests and more. The benefits are among the best of any company out there, and the "administrative overhead" I'd become so accustomed to in the Government is practically non-existent. Their concern for what's important to me is genuine, and they're always happy to help with whatever it is that I need. The G2 office space is open and warm, and the kitchen is always stocked; it feels like a second home. If you're looking around, look no further.

Cons

The only down side I've seen so far is that my time spent at the G2 office itself is limited due to most of my time being on-site with the customer. But then I guess that speaks to the quality of service G2 provides to the customer.

Advice to Management

You've got it right, don't change.

May 1, 2018 – Lead Resource Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We truly do appreciate it!

4. "Amazing people, challenging and rewarding work"

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

G2 provides a fantastic work environment. They give their employees a cool, laid-back place to work, while at the same time providing them with engaging and fulfilling work. They offer many opportunities for career growth, providing employees with funding for tuition, and for industry certifications. They foster an idea-driven work ethic, encouraging even the newest employees to speak up if they think something could be done more efficiently or effectively. G2 also allows employees to host meetings on-premises to present projects they've been working on in their off time. I've only been working at G2 for a little over a month now, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the time I've spent here already, and I hope to be around for a good while.

Cons

I miss my desk by the window

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work!

5. "Best Job I ever had"

Current Employee - Cyber Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere here at G2 is really supportive and always empowering people to explore new ideas. There is a big emphasis on creativity in all areas. If you have a better idea on something as simple as time keeping or as big as a complete process change, you are encouraged to bring your ideas to management. There is no holding on to information or backstabbing that happens some times with tech companies. People across all projects work together on a regular basis and I never felt like I couldn't just walk up to anyone in the company to ask a question, including the CEO.

Cons

The toilet paper is single ply.

Advice to Management

Advice? None. Appreciation? Much!

6. "Great People, Great opportunities"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A people first company, G2 values it's employees and will give you the opportunities IF you ask for them. It's a company where YOU make the best of your employment and make good friends in the process.

Cons

Smaller company, so some of their processes are less defined. In some cases, that can lead to disorganization.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Never relinquish the employee first mentality.

May 1, 2018 – Lead Resource Manager

I think you hit the nail on the head with your review. We encourage our internal moves process so asking about new opportunities at G2 key. In other companies that is frowned upon. We don't see that... More

7. "Technical Outreach Capabilities Systems Engineer"

Current Employee - Technical Outreach Capabilities Systems Engineer in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place is like a family, very caring and interested in your well being. The leadership and staff here at G2 is outstanding and helpful in so many ways, open door policy always. They take care and are very concerned for your family members. Case in point my son was diagnosed with a brain tumor a few years ago and has sometimes multiple appointments in Philadelphia with his doctors and the folks here always asking how's he doing and wishing the best. My wife goes in for surgery and G2 sent her flowers that made her day. Great place to work at!

Cons

I have none to report at this time!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

8. "Leadership, People, Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ever since I began at G2 many years ago the leadership has taken a long-term strategic view in its planning...and it continues to pay off nicely. They keep the entire workforce aware of their strategic plans; there is no filter...they share everything. I have never worked at a more employee focused company...every decision seems to come down on the side of the employees' benefit. It is surreal. I've worked at companies where it just the opposite, so when I first started at G2 I would shake my head in disbelief. I've worked here many years and I cannot envision myself ever leaving. What place could possibly be better??

Cons

None that wouldn't make me look completely petty for bringing them up...so I'll stick with "None"

Advice to Management

The G2 culture is your most valuable resource...it's what sets us apart. Any decision you make should be viewed through that prism.

Mar 13, 2018 – Lead Resource Manager

We will continue make decisions about the companies future based on what is best for all G2'ers and our customers. Thank you for your years for faithful service to our Nation and bettering G2 as a... More

9. "Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exceptional Leadership and Teams. Leadership cares about their people. Exciting work.

Cons

Does not apply. Non-noted.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

10. "Who knew coming to "work" could be enjoyable?"

Current Employee - Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smaller company so you aren't lost in the mix. Also, they very much encourage professional and personal development and so far all employees are willing to help with it. Flexible hours help with family time and they have made it clear they support families. Payday Friday Breakfasts provided! They truly seem to care about their employees and that says a lot in this day and age even though most companies say that.

Cons

None that I can see.