G2 Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Great environment"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company that invests in innovation rather than just paying lip service to the idea. How? There is a new lab and a budget for an employee-led program. Everyone I've met their work and customer support responsibility seriously but the atmosphere is still light enough to be fun. Leadership is constantly, visibly engaged with individuals and project teams. It is also a great learning environment where collaboration and knowledge sharing are the norm. This all sounds like a company brochure, but it's my true experience.

Cons

I haven't found the flaws yet.

2. "Great company with a family feel"

Current Employee - Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love the culture at G2. Everyone is extremely personable, the work is meaningful, ideas are valued, and I've felt like a member of the family from day one.

- Professional development benefit is the best I've seen around.
    - Other benefits (401k, medical, dental) are top notch.
    - Company events that remind everyone that we're all one team.
    - Broad diversity of work options within and among some really great industries.
    - Flexible management that's helpful and willing to listen.

Cons

Nothing so far! I've really enjoyed my time with the company!

Advice to Management

Everything I've seen so far is encouraging. Management is understanding, flexible, and willing to listen to employees (and even tasks employees to look at benefits and offer suggestions or improvements), which is extremely hard to find in other companies. Keep taking care of the mission and the people, and everything else will fall in line!

3. "A tight-knit company with awesome work"

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are great, including the 8% matching 401k, medical, and excellent educational benefits.
    The structure is very horizontal, without a lot of layers of management. The CEO and all the key people at the company are very approachable and involved with the employees.
    The work is split among a number of internal teams, as well as other teams supporting the Department of Defense, NIST, and a number of other organisation, which means the jobs are quite diverse and if an employee wants something different, it can usually be accommodated.

Cons

The opportunities to advance into management are limited because there is not a emphasis on tiered teams/business units.

Advice to Management

Continue to support taking ideas from employees and encouraging them. The word from top to bottom is to innovate as well as act on those ideas and that is one thing that makes working at G2 different than other places.

4. "A great place to collaborate"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

G2 is a very inclusive and "ideas to action" driven organization. People really get the opportunity to invoke in their own opinions and have a true impact on the company across the board. G2 is a flat organization which allows for the ultimate agile environment. This is why people who have left the organization in the past for another opportunity often return.

Cons

G2 is not a company where folks will tell you what to you. If you are looking for "hand-holding" then this is not the place for you. Some would call this a "pro".

Mar 16, 2017 – Resource Manager

Cool review. Thanks for taking the time to share your insights!

5. "Finally Landed Where I Was Supposed To Land"

Current Employee - Solutions Team Leader in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Solutions Team Leader in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can do what you have been seeking to fulfill your career.
    I have run a fantastic internship for G2, since being hired, and to date G2 has hired 6 of my former interns.

"Explore", "Dream", "What if?", "Let's do something hard.", "Show me"
    We live by our founder's vision. He enables us to build; he wants us to build, so we build.

Cons

Class A office space prevents us from doing really extreme "things".
    We are running out of room but want to keep all of G2 family together if we move to a bigger space.

Advice to Management

You enable us to do great things. Keep doing EXACTLY what you are doing. Looking forward to our next growth experience.

Mar 16, 2017 – Resource Manager

"Explore", "Dream", "What if?", "Let's do something hard.", "Show me" the foundations of innovation. We're lucky to have you here at G2.

6. "Best company I've worked for ..."

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are awesome. They have fantastic company sponsored events for those who like that type of thing. I always feel welcome to talk to anyone in the company, from the president to the owner, to any random G2 employee I run into in the elevator. They care about the people rather than just the money they can make off of you.

Cons

The only bad thing that I can think of would be the leave policy. Because honestly, who couldn't use more leave? More is better.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing. I appreciate all of the time I've spent as an employee of G2 Inc.

7. "Incredible company - The best place I have ever worked"

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

G2 has a true family and team atmosphere. The leadership team has is embedded with both the corporate employees and our engineers in the field. The G2 leadership and management team promote the hiring of good people who fit into the G2 culture and the trust us to do our job so there is no micromanagement. In less than one year I have seen a lot of great things - several employees being promoted, engineers moved to new projects when they were looking for new challenges, high profile customers requesting demonstrations of G2 products, a new large prime project award, improvements to already excellent benefits, and a team of people who genuinely enjoy the people we work with.
    On a personal note in a year filled with events that kept me out of the office everyone at G2 from the top down were all fully supportive beyond what any person would ask of their employer. I'm one of the few people I know who honestly says I love my company and I love my job.

Cons

Cons are very few
    - An automatic employer contribution to the 401k in addition to the safe harbor match.
    - There's Coke in the soda fountain, but it should be Pepsi and we should also have Mountain Dew

Advice to Management

None - our management has the rare ability to see things from the employees perspectives. When they make decisions about health and welfare benefits they look at it from our point of view not their own.

Mar 16, 2017 – Resource Manager

We love Mountain Dew too!

8. "Diverse, Innovative, and Fun"

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time

Pros

I consider myself fortunate to have found a place where I’m genuinely satisfied with what I do. Transitioning from 27 years of military service, I did not want to end up in a job where I was just a body in a seat for billable purposes. There were plenty of those types of offers. I was intrigued from the start when I was initially contacted by the company recruiter, Lee Wanless. The first meeting consisted of a tour and a determination of whether or not I’d be a good “fit” with the company. He mentioned G2 has a relatively thorough interview process. I scheduled a follow-on meeting and was impressed with the dynamics of the interview. It was obvious they were concerned about my character and personality as much as my expertise. As my interest continued to grow, I asked to meet with the team that I’d be working with. I actually returned multiple times to get a good sense. The team obviously enjoyed the work and seemed happy with the culture that G2 provides. 3 months has passed since being hired and that initial assessment is confirmed. This company cares about its people and in-turn the people care about the company. If you’re looking to develop professionally with a great diversity of top notch people, G2 is the place to be.

Cons

Nothing has really hit me as a negative for this place. I've only been here for 3 months. It's a nice change from working in the military where the rigid structure and bureaucracy can put a damper on innovation.

Advice to Management

On track for continued progress and success. Fantastic work culture. Keep looking out for and taking care of people.

9. "Great company"

Former Employee - Director of People Services in Elkridge, MD
    Former Employee - Director of People Services in Elkridge, MD

I worked at G2 Inc. (More than 5 years)

Pros

Creative, personable, employee-focused leadership team. Fun culture. Broad portfolio of technical employment opportunities across multiple customer sets. Internal grant/R&D program.

Cons

I can't think of any cons at this point. G2 has evolved and improved over the past several years and appear to be doing very well.

10. "Network Analyst"

Pros

The people are what make G2 an amazing company. G2 is focused on its people and they realize that people are their most valuable asset. They are willing to move mountains to ensure their employees are taken care of.

Cons

I don't get to spend a lot of time with my fellow G2er's

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work