G2 Inc. Systems Security Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
Paul Green
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Having the ability to effect change from within is crucial and G2 provides a great place to do that" (in 5 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance is still valued" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "There's not a lot of hand holding going on here with career development and no onerous HR processes related to it" (in 2 reviews)

• "Tea options for the Keurigs and maybe a beverage fridge for non-soda drinking choices to supplement the awesome kitchen" (in 2 reviews)

"Truly wonderful company!"

Former Employee - Systems Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Former Employee - Systems Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From the interview to the last day, you always know your working at a leading edge company! I have never had the pleasure of working for a firm like this before and I can tell you personally its beyond leading edge. From the caliber of people they hire (thanks to Lee Wanless), the work atmosphere they cultivate, the projects they select (not get stuck with) to the access you have to anyone in the company for what ever reason you can dream of, this place is the best I have ever worked at and hope to come back to. They not only support open initiatives they look to make the cyber world a safer place!

Cons

The clients they help are limited at this time but they are working to diversify this actively and they are primes for most of the contracts they work on!

G2 Inc. Response

Mar 23, 2016 – Resource Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of G2.

We try really hard every day to make G2 a place where our employees want to come to work. The work we perform is important and there is... More

"Happy with move to G2. I was tired of being just a number and being treated only as a profit source. G2 fixed that."

Current Employee - Systems Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

Pros

Benefits are great
    Small company feel, i know most of the people in payroll and in HR, i know who i can go to for questions. Plus They know who i am.
    HR and Recruiting are top notch, i hear from HR monthly and it just to see how i am doing.

Cons

To many managers for such a small company.
    Managers and Executives say they want to keep company small, but their actions are not showing that. they seem to be wanting to grow.

Advice to Management

Keep the small company feel and keep the level of communication high. HR , Recruiting and Payroll departments make the difference.