G2 Reviews | Glassdoor

G2 Reviews

Updated Jan 10, 2020

4.0
G2 Co-Founder and CEO Godard Abel  (no image)
Godard Abel

"Great place to grow"

Current Employee - Early Team Member in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Tons of learning opportunities and potential for advancement. Mostly great people. Most seem to care about their employees.

Cons

Fast growing companies can be very stressful. Bringing in new leaders can be abrasive and when your growing so fast, it's easy to miss. They also don't always pay as much as other companies, but I didn't take the job for the money.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture as you grow. People joined because they liked it or believed in it. If that changes, many will leave. Not all the new leaders are respectful or believe the same values that made me take the job. This makes it much harder. Still a good company, just some bad eggs.

G22018-10-22

"One of the most exciting opportunities in tech"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 full-time for more than a year

Pros

G2 Crowd is in a major growth stage, which makes every day more exciting than the last. Great team members, empowering management, cool office in the loop. Lunch, basic breakfast foods, snacks, and drinks included. Merit-based promotions and raises. Most important is that our executive team has truly made G2 Crowd feel like a family. It's one of the most supportive and collaborative environments I've been in.

Cons

Some internal silos that we're working on. Other than that, mostly just your typical growing pains

Advice to Management

Top-down communication is key. Hiring new, top talent is exciting, but don't forget about the long-term employees. Keep up the good work!

G22018-10-04

"Lack of Understanding"

I worked at G2 full-time

Pros

Location, lunches, and view. Some of the people are nice, and mean well

Cons

Disrespect for experience, lack of discipline. The clicks are like high school...

Advice to Management

Stop with the help society and have people focus

G22018-08-24

"Great Product and Great People"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 full-time for less than a year

Pros

-The product has real value to software companies and improves the way B2B buyers are making purchasing decisions -Some of the smartest and motivated people I've worked with across the board -I have had continuous training and learning opportunities -Managers and other sales leaders sit in on meetings at the drop of a hat -Members of the team are always open to share ideas and tactics that are working for them -Leadership team is amazing...I feel very comfortable knowing who is at the helm -Leadership is extremely transparent with the business Secondary pros: -Fully stocked kitchen -Free lunch 4 days a week -Gym in building -Great benefits -Everyone (including management and executives) is on the floor together

Cons

-Occasionally there are mixed messages across the sales team(s)...it usually gets cleared up quickly but can be frustrating -We work with companies across the World so meeting times are occasionally at very odd hours, but that is something I expected when I started here

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

G22018-06-20
  5. "Proud to work at G2Crowd"

I have been working at G2 full-time

Pros

Although G2Crowd is not perfect, thanks to the people and the culture, we've been growing exponentially, and I believe we will continue to do so. I’m writing this review to just praise the product team. Every single person brings something important to the table, and the collaboration that we have is just getting better. The reason is because of the leadership in our team (designers, product managers, Engineers and CTO). When I first started, I thought the CTO was a nice, funny and witty guy, but as I got to know him, his compassionated personality has inspired me to work harder. I love that we all seat on the same type of desk, and that he seats next to other Junior and mid-level engineers. He is a real smart guy with ton common sense, but at the same time very down to earth. About the Senior Engineers, oh man, they are literally the smartest people I’ve met. The way they troubleshoot issues is in a different level. They all bring different gifts to the table, and It’s always great working with them. They are equally awesome, and their leadership, patience and open-mindedness has been pushing the team farther. Sometimes, they are too busy, but it’s understandable as our sprints are packed with features, bug fixes, etc. In summary, I can’t be more thankful for the team. Everyone in the team is looking to get better and do their best. We are still improving, but this is what has motivated me to write this review. The fact that we are pursuing to get better and are continuously looking for ways to improve in every way. Upper management encourages new ideas, and you can feel safe when sharing these. You get to learn a ton, and It’s just a really positive environment.

Cons

On Taco Tuesday, sometimes, they don't have guacamole :(

Advice to Management

Keep hiring positive people, and pushing forward on the positivism and good practices (knowledge transfer, etc)

G22018-05-19
  6. "Fast Paced and Exciting"

I have been working at G2 full-time

Pros

Everything moves quickly. You have the ability to make meaningful impact on the business regardless of your job level. The team is bright and works hard towards the overall mission. Free lunch and unlimited vacation are just part of the perks. The best part is the culture and the people. Different events and outings are complimented by giving back to the community through our G2 Gives program.

Cons

Scaling is always challenging but the team has done a nice job of listening to feedback and adjusting as necessary

Advice to Management

Continue to grow but keep culture in mind. Our colleagues are what keep us here and happy.

G22018-05-04

"Great People and Great Product"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The people are genuinely invested in the company and each other to achieve goals and solve problems - The product is unique and is having a real-world impact on the way companies buy software - Catered lunches & a kitchen that's always fully stocked with snacks, La Croix, and cold brew on tap

Cons

- The pay is below average - Expect to work your butt off. Management expects a lot from everyone

G22018-04-29
  8. "Business Development Representative"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Great work environment, easy to ask for help and all necessary training & support are provided. First sales role and I am confident/comfortable in the role based on how I've been guided and taught 2. Free lunch 4 days a week, and healthy snacks readily available 3. Leadership is strong and trustworthy 4. Cross departmental collaboration is effective and clear, all teams seem to be properly alligned

Cons

1. The on-boarding process could use a bit of fine tuning, but they just recently rolled out a formal training process. Those behind it welcome any feedback. 2. You may not get a lacroix if you're not fast about it!

Advice to Management

Continue the same great work and scaling appropriately does not seem like it will be an issue

G22018-02-09

"Amazing Company and Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is great! Very transparent with finances and goals from the top down. CEO cares about employees! Opportunity to grow with the company.

Cons

Office is getting a bit cramped due to so many new hires

Advice to Management

N/A

G22018-01-11
  10. "Fun and collaborative company"

Current Employee - Research Team Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture. Intelligent people. Room for advancement. Merit-based promotions and raises. Benefits: free lunch, snacks, beer. Frequent company and team events. Company values.

Cons

Salary is on the low end, though stock has the potential to make up for it. Long hours at times. Quick growth can lead to growing pains.

Advice to Management

Financially rewarding younger employees who have grown from entry-level positions will be key to retaining talent. External management hires and those promoted internally should not make so much more than those rising quickly.

G22017-12-06