G2 USA Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Broken process, lots of finger-pointing, no mentorship, and their strategy changes from month to month (in 3 reviews)

• They're always chasing the next "cool" thing, but have little to no technical skills to execute (in 2 reviews)

1. "Currently in turmoil, but great things ahead"

I worked at G2 USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Talented colleagues, fun atmosphere, loose deadlines, nothing is taken too seriously, training and development, merger with Ogilvy Action will bring fresh new ideas and culture.

Cons

Executive management, lack of communication, office politics, playing favorites, unmotivated employees, no structure, polarizing environment (you are either "in" or "out").

Advice to Management

Start collaborating more with one another.

2. "Big agency acting like a small agency"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at G2 USA full-time

Pros

Sizable, solid client base, great roof

Cons

The senior management is horrible! All expenses towards senior management, leading to big client losses and unnecessary cuts. Their salary is way low, not competitive at all.

Advice to Management

People are your greatest asset! You need to remember that.

3. "Low quality talent"

Current Employee - Associate Account Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Account Director in New York, NY

I have been working at G2 USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location near Madison Square Park!

Cons

Lack of leadership, communication, talent, process

"Prime example of large agency with terrible leadership"

I worked at G2 USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some smart people there, sure, at least in the academic sense. I worked on ok accounts. I also picked up some skills that are definitely an asset for what I do now. I made some solid professional connections. Probably the best thing about G2 was its location (New York).

Cons

G2 is a transit shop, as in no one in their good mind stays there past 3 yrs, if that. While I was there I learned more from my own initiative than from any offerings from the agency. The culture absolutely sucks: they place more emphasis on gossiping, name bashing, finger pointing and ghetto politics than collaboration. Trust me, your time and peace of mind are more valuable than any amount of money anyone can throw at you, and G2, at least while I was there was notorious for immature, downright ridiculous office cliques. If you are the type of person that is still stuck in high school and likes all the drama, irrespective of your educational background, then you'll probably fit right in. Truly bright and mature people don't stay long there. Their inability to hold clients testifies to that. I have no regrets about my decision to resign from them and move on to better things.

Advice to Management

Teams in offices usually take on the traits of their leaders. Your leaders, at least while I was there, sucked. Smart, yes, but no leadership backbone whatsoever (there were one or two that I respected). More than anything, work on redefining your culture. Stop promoting people based on favoritism. Work on increasing the personal space for your employees, and stop having them sit so close together. Work on hiring people who more than anything truly know how to collaborate and function in a team environment, and not insecure ego maniacs who proactively spread rumors and character assassinate for their personal gain.. Beef up your HR team and have them be more visible in the office. Encourage your leadership to place more stock in their subordinates on personal and professional levels. Promote a culture that frowns on office cliques.

5. "sucks"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at G2 USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

location is great and space is open

Cons

everything else is challenging, dramatic, political and ineffective

Advice to Management

tear it down then rebuild

6. "Interesting Experience"

I worked at G2 USA full-time

Pros

- As much as I did not like the general culture, I have to admit that I learned a lot while I was there.
    - Good transit location.
    - Nice self training opportunities at discounted levels
    - Nice bathrooms (despite nasty users)

Cons

- Weak leadership in general
    - Very, very, very "cliquish" and political (you'll find this at most big agencies)
    - Little to no diversity at the director and executive levels (having one or two minorities doesn't count). This is an issue in the advertising industry as a whole, that also partly has to do with economics.
    - Low morale among many groups

Advice to Management

- G2, at least while I was there, had some of skilled employees at the managerial and director levels. However skill does not necessarily equate to leadership ability. Invest in leadership training for your managers on up, and make it mandatory to attend.
    - Diversify your ranks on the leadership levels, and be open minded to diverse opinions

7. "Totally a top down company. Management is disconnected to general workforce."

I worked at G2 USA full-time

Pros

Casual, relaxed atmosphere. Great location.

Cons

Many employees feel completely undervalued and go unrewarded. Many managers are out for personal gain at the expense of team members, so sucking up and playing politics wins out over hard work and talent. Company lacks communication and a cohesive work environment.

Advice to Management

Communicate. Respect your team. Eliminate favoritism based on politics or personality preferences. Recognize good work and promote/reward accordingly. Look for and value feedback from team members regarding work related issues.

8. "Meh."

Current Employee - Creative Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Creative Director in New York, NY

I have been working at G2 USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

G2 has some very bright and talented people across a range of disciplines...

Cons

...but the upper management that oversees creative, strategy, and new business will be their ultimate downfall.

Advice to Management

They need to find upper management that can actually work together and not act like a bunch of entitled spoiled brats.

"Blah"

Former Employee - Account Supervisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at G2 USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New G2 TAG training system

Cons

Few opportunities for growth and advancement

"So sad"

Former Employee - Management Supervisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Management Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at G2 USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice offices. Good location. There are pockets of truly talented and dedicated people there. Good variety of interesting brands and clients.

Cons

They have lost a lot of great people and a lot of clients. Very large agency that is segregated amongst disciplines with a lot of finger pointing and little unity. Upper management seem to live in an insular dreamland and are visible to only a very few. Pay is crap. Hours are long.

Advice to Management

Put plainly, you aren't very good. Try something else.