G2 Web Services Reviews in Bellevue, WA | Glassdoor

Allison Guidette

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

collaborative, productive, meaningful AND we have good people on board that are invested in our products

Cons

I don't have any cons to share

2. "G2 Web Services"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Although I haven' been with the company long, it's apparent the company cares about their employees and customers immensely. Not only does G2 lead the way in merchant risk intelligence, but the core values are displayed in everything they do. I feel lucky to work alongside this group of people, and appreciate how well we are taken care of whether it be from our benefits or flexible hours, it has truly created a culture worth standing behind.

Cons

I can't think of any, currently.

3. "Good Work. Good People."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Technical work is interesting and has socially redeeming value. Always more to do than we can get around to doing, but still maintains a good work life balance.

Cons

Always more work to do than we can get around to doing. 401k has good match but high fees.

4. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The organization is run by good people, who care about their teams. Compensation isn't on the Amazon, Microsoft level, but is good given the company's size. Management makes a genuine effort to help people balance work and life.

Cons

- The code base is old and pretty creaky. - Engineering has made a decent effort at adopting agile practices, the rest of the company, not so much. - The organization is owned by a private equity company that has very definite short term priorities. This isn't a negative in an of itself, but IMO they are overly focused on short term goals at the expense of developing a long term growth plan for the organization.

"Transition"

Former Employee - SDET2 in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - SDET2 in Bellevue, WA

I worked at G2 Web Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Use of Hadoop, AWS and other cutting edge technologies

Cons

Engineering Leadership is not the best.

Mar 31, 2017 – HR Manager

Someone has left G2 and is unhappy, unfortunately. Again, G2 regrets when someone leaves with negative feelings. We hope for the best for all former employees.

"Horrible Management"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generous PTO and Good location

Cons

Disrespectful Management
    Disorganized
    Uncollaborative environment
    HR little to non existent and very unqualified

Advice to Management

Learn to lead and stand by your word

Mar 31, 2017 – HR Manager

It is unfortunate that a former employee has left us recently with negative feelings. When it is necessary to part ways, we do our best to do so with the utmost respect and well wishes for all... More

"Decent place to work."

Former Employee - Data Classification Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Data Classification Analyst in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Very little micro-managing. Employees are left to handle their work independently and are rarely bothered by management. Super flexible. Working from home was always an option. Raises were decent.

Cons

I didn't like the commute to Bellevue from Seattle. I attempted to request more responsibilities on numerous occasions but none were offered.

Advice to Management

Overall they're doing a great job. I was a lower level employee so I think I considered things to be great because other entry level opportunities wouldn't have been this lucrative.

Mar 31, 2017 – HR Manager

Nice to hear. We hope people don't focus on "levels" though. Appreciate the comments.

"I like the freedom to set direction"

Current Employee - Product in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Product in Bellevue, WA

Pros

I like the freedomI have to set the direction for my product. Part of this is driven by a bottom-up company culture, and part of it is because of lean resources. Regardless, it gives me a lot of leeway to come up with what I believe product strategy should be. I have to juggle a lot to get it done, but that has helped me gain a full understanding of my business.

Cons

Sometimes company strategy can be a little unclear. There is a financially-driven strategy and a mission-driven strategy, but more client metrics would be helpful. I can gather client feedback myself but more frequent surveys would help.

Advice to Management

More resources to invest in growing areas of the business.

"Great place"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mid-size company with plenty of projects to allow its employees to have an impact. I love that I can have an idea, pitch it and run with it without having to go through endless meetings and approvals. Great flex time policy. Most of us really care about the company's mission and work.

Cons

The payment industry is hot and global. I wish we had more resources to fund new projects and products. That's probably an unrealistic expectation for a company of the size of G2.

Advice to Management

I really appreciate the openness and the willingness to listen.

"Don't Give enough credit to the little people"

Current Employee - Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at G2 Web Services (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great time off policy. Very flexible scheduling. Good management teams, nice office with parking, lots of perks including 401k matching, transit subsidy, health insurance with no premiums, and coffee, soda and snacks available in office. Work is challenging and rewarding and is very rarely super stressful.

Cons

Does not pay competitively for the area, does not give lower employees the recognition they deserve. Continues to hire sales people and executives while analysts are working more hours, doing more work, with less people on their team and no pay increase. The raises are minimal, and the people doing the day to do work that keeps the business going get very little recognition company wide. New insurance coverage that was added as a cost-saving measure for the company is horrible and gives people the run around and refuses to cover stuff. A lot of the technology if out-of-date.

Advice to Management

Pay analysts better and give them more recognition so they have more incentive to stay with the company. Work on technology advances for existing products, instead of putting it on the back burner for the new hot topic.

Mar 31, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for the advice. The insurance coverage was not meant to save the company money but to provide the same service at the same cost. I hope anyone that has a problem will let HR know so that... More