G2 Web Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Allison Guidette

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Always more to do than we can get around to doing, but still maintains a good work life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Flexible time off policy that people are encouraged to use (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Client metrics are still in infancy (in 2 reviews)

• No micro management and hand holding means you need to take initiative and be a self starter (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great products & people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Pros

Best products in target market. High growth potential tied to growth of e-commerce. Mission: keeping e-commerce safe. Flexible work environment that emphasizes accountability. Little office politics and friendly, dedicated colleagues.

Cons

Does have not resources of larger companies. Could do more (product development, marketing) with more resources.
    Flat organization is great for the right personality. Requires to be a self starter, which can be hard for someone who is used to large organizations.

Advice to Management

Insist that owners give up dividends for a while so that we can fund growth.

Sep 21, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review. G2 has been acquired by Verisk Analytics and partnering with Argus so we will have the advantages and resources of a large corporation while being allowed to keep our... More

2. "Awesome Company To Work For"

I worked at G2 Web Services full-time

Pros

Super flexible PTO policy, Great benefits, Quarterly Bonuses, and an awesome recognition program called Above And Beyond. They also have a lot of really interactive brown bag lunches and activities for employees. A very casual and comfortable work environment that makes it a great company to work for.

Cons

The only downside is the nature of some of the Analyst work, which can be very monotonous...however this is disclosed upon the job offer. It is also a smaller company so there isn't much room for upward movement unless you have been there for quite some time.

3. "Wonderful place to work"

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The management cares about their employees, listening to their feedback. Flexible hours and great work-life balance. The company take advantage of both technology and human expertise. Minimum bureaucracy. From technology perspective, G2 starts utilizing many modern technologies including Graph, NoSQL, data science and others. Solving interesting and challenging problems. Small/medium-size company feel: less politics, good collaborations. Do something good for society by taking out bad players from Internet commerce.

Cons

Client metrics are still in infancy.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the employees, keep up the good work!

Sep 21, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. G2 does care about their employees and listens to them because all of you are the best!

4. "Great workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

collaborative, productive, meaningful AND we have good people on board that are invested in our products

Cons

I don't have any cons to share

Sep 21, 2017 – HR Manager

Wonderful. We do have good people and promise to continue to strive for ensuring a positive productive and collaborative environment.

5. "Great Employees, Innovative Technology"

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, Innovative Technology Opportunities, Big Data Problems to Solve

Cons

Not enough resource commitments to build complete products

Advice to Management

Trust and empower employees, be transparent

"Terrific place to work!"

Current Employee - Information Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Information Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've been at G2 Web Services longer than most employees, and I've seen it grow and make tremendous strides in the services we offer. The managers are all very supportive of employees and will work with you to accommodate your life outside of work. The benefits are excellent! Management makes sure that all employees know the status of the company and what's going on, both within the company and in the industry. The work we do is very important, and everyone shows commitment to our goals and to teamwork to reach those goals.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great Place To Work"

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time

Pros

G2 is providing a service that keeps the business of electronic payments clean from fraudsters and other bad actors in the payments system. The entire team is passionate about their jobs and work together to provide high quality results. It is a supportive environment with many perks and pros, including flexibility in working from home and time off. I am truly happy to be working for G2.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

8. "G2 Web Services"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Although I haven' been with the company long, it's apparent the company cares about their employees and customers immensely. Not only does G2 lead the way in merchant risk intelligence, but the core values are displayed in everything they do. I feel lucky to work alongside this group of people, and appreciate how well we are taken care of whether it be from our benefits or flexible hours, it has truly created a culture worth standing behind.

Cons

I can't think of any, currently.

9. "Good Work. Good People."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Technical work is interesting and has socially redeeming value. Always more to do than we can get around to doing, but still maintains a good work life balance.

Cons

Always more work to do than we can get around to doing. 401k has good match but high fees.

10. "Detective work"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came to G2 because I was bored at my prior job. I've stayed because I enjoy tracking down criminals another bad guys and cutting them off. I've had the chance to move between rolls already, and I really enjoy my current assignment. The time off policy is much more flexible than what I've seen in earlier jobs.

Cons

Company communication is generally open and good, but has trailed off in recent months. At some point I want to get managerial responsibilities, but I don't know when that will come and if I will be patient enough.

Advice to Management

Create more upward mobility for people who seek it out.

Apr 4, 2017 – HR Manager

We will be focusing on two way interaction going forward with one-on-one meetings with team members and their managers. They will be discussing goals and objectives and this will be a good... More