G2 Web Services Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Chris Lundquist
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Always more to do than we can get around to doing, but still maintains a good work life balance" (in 9 reviews)

• "Flexible time off policy that people are encouraged to use" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Client metrics are still in infancy" (in 2 reviews)

• "No micro management and hand holding means you need to take initiative and be a self starter" (in 2 reviews)

"Great company, great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, NE

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time

Pros

Strong collaboration between different departments. .Culture is supportive and managers are generally positive about prospects and staff development. Flexible and able to change direction.

Cons

Industry is becoming more competitive. The next chapter of the business, growing beyond current clients and accounts, hasn't yet been communicated

2. "Management reviews are laughable"

I worked at G2 Web Services full-time

Pros

The obviously either written, or inspired, reviews by management are entirely laughable for G2 Web Services. This company treats its employees like dirt, has been bought and sold multiple times by venture capitalists, pays its employees rock bottom, and generally tries to con its employees into believing that it is a great company. The highly positive, recent reviews of this company are similar to reading reviews on Amazon. Almost all of them are fake, and intended to mislead you down a bad path.

Cons

Stay away from this company. The management will entice you, then eat you up, and then spit you out. And every time the company gets sold to yet another entity, your job can and will be killed at the earliest opportunity.

Advice to Management

Resign

Jul 30, 2018 – HR Manager

Very sorry to see a negative review. I wish we knew more. It is, frankly, surprising as I do not believe reflective of our employees' satisfaction with management as evidenced in our recent... More

3. "Great first job!"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture
    Easy to communicate
    Team building and cooperation
    Unlimited PTO & Benefits
    Opportunities for growth

Cons

Need more people on our team
    Small budget

4. "Awesome Company To Work For"

I worked at G2 Web Services full-time

Pros

Super flexible PTO policy, Great benefits, Quarterly Bonuses, and an awesome recognition program called Above And Beyond. They also have a lot of really interactive brown bag lunches and activities for employees. A very casual and comfortable work environment that makes it a great company to work for.

Cons

The only downside is the nature of some of the Analyst work, which can be very monotonous...however this is disclosed upon the job offer. It is also a smaller company so there isn't much room for upward movement unless you have been there for quite some time.

5. "Great products & people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Pros

Best products in target market. High growth potential tied to growth of e-commerce. Mission: keeping e-commerce safe. Flexible work environment that emphasizes accountability. Little office politics and friendly, dedicated colleagues.

Cons

Does have not resources of larger companies. Could do more (product development, marketing) with more resources.
    Flat organization is great for the right personality. Requires to be a self starter, which can be hard for someone who is used to large organizations.

Advice to Management

Insist that owners give up dividends for a while so that we can fund growth.

Sep 21, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review. G2 has been acquired by Verisk Analytics and partnering with Argus so we will have the advantages and resources of a large corporation while being allowed to keep our... More

6. "Wonderful place to work"

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The management cares about their employees, listening to their feedback. Flexible hours and great work-life balance. The company take advantage of both technology and human expertise. Minimum bureaucracy. From technology perspective, G2 starts utilizing many modern technologies including Graph, NoSQL, data science and others. Solving interesting and challenging problems. Small/medium-size company feel: less politics, good collaborations. Do something good for society by taking out bad players from Internet commerce.

Cons

Client metrics are still in infancy.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the employees, keep up the good work!

Sep 21, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. G2 does care about their employees and listens to them because all of you are the best!

7. "Great workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

collaborative, productive, meaningful AND we have good people on board that are invested in our products

Cons

I don't have any cons to share

Sep 21, 2017 – HR Manager

Wonderful. We do have good people and promise to continue to strive for ensuring a positive productive and collaborative environment.

8. "Great Employees, Innovative Technology"

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, Innovative Technology Opportunities, Big Data Problems to Solve

Cons

Not enough resource commitments to build complete products

Advice to Management

Trust and empower employees, be transparent

"Great Place To Work"

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time

Pros

G2 is providing a service that keeps the business of electronic payments clean from fraudsters and other bad actors in the payments system. The entire team is passionate about their jobs and work together to provide high quality results. It is a supportive environment with many perks and pros, including flexibility in working from home and time off. I am truly happy to be working for G2.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Terrific place to work!"

Current Employee - Information Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Information Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've been at G2 Web Services longer than most employees, and I've seen it grow and make tremendous strides in the services we offer. The managers are all very supportive of employees and will work with you to accommodate your life outside of work. The benefits are excellent! Management makes sure that all employees know the status of the company and what's going on, both within the company and in the industry. The work we do is very important, and everyone shows commitment to our goals and to teamwork to reach those goals.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!