G2 "catered lunch" Reviews | Glassdoor

G2 Employee Reviews about "catered lunch"

Updated Nov 12, 2019

3.8
G2 Co-Founder and CEO Godard Abel  (no image)
Godard Abel
Pros
  • "Free lunch and unlimited vacation are just part of the perks(in 9 reviews)

• "Catered lunch, unlimited lacroix, great culture(in 9 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "catered lunch"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "great company culture with people development mindset"

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 full-time for more than a year

Pros

awesome benefits; culture promotes individual learning and growth; flexible wfh policy; snacks and catered lunch;

Cons

the jobs/tasks can be a bit messy

Advice to Management

slow down the growth pace and look at all optimization opportunities within your org

G22019-11-12

"Delusions of Grandeur"

Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at G2 full-time

Pros

New office space and catered lunches were great. Having a pulse on what software worked well ensured that sales reps had all the tools at their disposal. There is one person in sales leadership who is a role model professionally and personally. It's good to see him in the trenches with his reps.

Cons

Weak culture: People were just collecting a paycheck here. No one was happy. Perhaps that is because no one hits quota. Sorry, I exaggerated. A VERY small percentage of reps hit quota. Co-Founder: Straight up bully who loves to hear himself talk. Whether it's a happy hour when he's been drinking or in front of the whole company, you're going to hear about him climbing the sales ladder and his love for ham sandwiches. Has a knack for embarrassing employees in front of others. Future: They say they are a rocket ship and are destined for wonderful things. Don't drink the kool aid. I don't know how they put that message out their when sales goals are not consistently met. Middle Management: Probably a strangleheld by leadership but not an inspiring group of folks to look up to. For instance, to say "post more content on LinkedIn" is not something I would hang my hat on if I was a manager. Product: It's a nice to have but not a need to have.

Advice to Management

Fix quotas and leave your ego at the door.

G22019-11-07
  3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Outreach in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 full-time for more than a year

Pros

G2 is great at giving you perks. They have catered lunch 4 days a week, unlimited PTO, flexible hours, you can work from home anytime you want, and more. The health insurance is also good and affordable. The overall company is younger, it still has a tech start up feel to it, even though they are out of that phase. It is easy to move up and there is a lot of room to grow.

Cons

The managers never seem to know what is going on. You have to do a lot of managing up. It's hard to know when things are happening because communication isn't always clear. They could feed us 5 days a week but they won't. The sales team is favored greatly over the rest of the company.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees more, and give them fair pay.

G22019-09-24
  4. "Great Start up"

Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at G2 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Catered lunch, unlimited lacroix, great culture

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

keep it up

G22019-09-19

"A true nightmare - avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Ent Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at G2 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

decent compensation plans, catered lunch, nice office

Cons

During my time at G2, I found the C-suite to be extremely inauthentic and the culture to be awful. They are a group of entrepreneurs who are very much 'my way or the highway' and the tone that's set for the whole office isn't positive. You can tell they are "trying" really hard, but it's just not paying off. Most of my colleagues, especially my fellow members in management, were extremely fed up - so I'm not sure how the rating on GD is so high. The HR team also tricks team members into signing things they don't technically have to, it's a total scam. This part really bugged me, especially as management knowing about it and having to go along with it. HR is not straightforward and lied to several employees in various situations. I would not advice working at a place like this.

Advice to Management

Honestly if they want to IPO, I 100% believe they will have to get a new CEO and replace most of C-suite. Also, live by your values. Don't talk about living at the "peak" and being straight up rude to employees.

G22019-09-12

"Nepotism at it's finest"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at G2 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers Fully stocked kitchen Catered lunch 4 days a week Unlimited PTO Good benefits Great office with a better one soon Heart of the City

Cons

Nepotism runs rampant through this whole organization. They have ample amount of internal talent that are fully capable of stepping into a senior role and quickly become high performers. Unfortunately leadership doesn't care. All they want to do is hire their buddies from previous companies. This leads to long ramp times and huge blows to employee moral. I have watched countless people have empty promises for movement get passed up for a founder's/management's friends. There is a reason there is such high turnover here. It is very clear that they do not care about the employees that they hired and developed within the organization.

Advice to Management

Promote from within. Your employees are your greatest asset and all of them are hungry for the opportunity to take on larger roles within the organization.

G22019-07-31

"Great People and Great Product"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The people are genuinely invested in the company and each other to achieve goals and solve problems - The product is unique and is having a real-world impact on the way companies buy software - Catered lunches & a kitchen that's always fully stocked with snacks, La Croix, and cold brew on tap

Cons

- The pay is below average - Expect to work your butt off. Management expects a lot from everyone

G22018-04-29

"Summer Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at G2

Pros

Great culture, amazing perks (food, beer Fridays, catered lunches), great management, great location

Cons

Employees can be clique-y and intimidating

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

G22017-06-26
  9. "Interned last summer, came back to do it again"

Current Intern - Outreachand Data Ops in Chicago, IL

I have been working at G2 for more than a year

Pros

-Company Culture is unbeatable -Receiving large investments and rapidly growing -Catered lunch daily -Experienced executives -Relaxed atmosphere and casual dress code

Cons

-Growing pains -Slightly unorganized internship (something that will improve with time) -Sometimes lack desk space for interns -Interns are hired very late

Advice to Management

Spend more time recruiting on college campuses and hire interns a little earlier! I think this will help in finding top talent Besides that keep doing what you're doing!

G22017-06-08