G4S Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Cypress, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in Cypress, CA

I worked at G4S Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is growing and making a lot of good moves in the market. Good grip on the technologies they implement.

Cons

When entering a new region, hire more sales people.

Advice to Management

If you are going to enter a new market, take it decisively, the company is strong, and owning it is going to provide the best bang for the buck.

2. "Worst company you could work for"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at G4S Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing i can remember.

Cons

British company aquired Adesta, LLC. I used to work for Adesta. Then this turned into the worst place ever. These stupid brits don't know how to run company in US. Too many bitter memory.

Advice to Management

go back to UK.

3. "Negotiate for the best starting salary you can get - its all you will ever get"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at G4S Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Big Company, International, Interesting work

Cons

You'll never get a raise, ever. All raises tied to company-wide percentages. Our division received a high of 1.5% to give in annual raises. All other years were at zero or less than 1%

You'll never beat inflation.

Also the headquarters in Omaha, NE, are idiots. They have no direction, don't understand the security industry, and can't sell their product.

Advice to Management

Different areas of the country have different pat scales. $40K / year may be a decent salary in the cornfields of Nebraska, but it won't even get you an apartment in Boston or NYC.

4. "My Review"

Former Employee - Security Technician ! in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Security Technician ! in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at G4S Technology (More than 3 years)

Pros

Over all a good company, fair, considerate of employee needs, works with employee to help understand what is expected. average benefits, good 401k plan

Cons

Had difficulty getting company sponsored certifications, interoffice communication as far as upcoming projects was almost like a secret, and advancement was difficult

"Weak, detached upper management. Mean, immature middle management."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I worked at G4S Technology full-time

Pros

Pay is decent relative to the market. I'm sure you'll make it far if you are a total a-hole with no people skills.

Cons

The technology part of the company dropped about 70% of it's workforce in about 2 years, yet it still can't make a profit. Don't expect raises to be consistent with your performance, as budget constraints still lock them into flat raises across the board. Obviously the product is not profitable.

Weak management and poorly-written, never-enforced policies and procedures result in expletive-laden fights. Upper management doesn't enforce rules or professionalism, so middle management runs amuck.

Many people are doing the work of two people since the contraction, so stress is high and counterproductive.

It's getting to be commonplace that people are made to run out of the office crying because of unregulated mean-spirited managers.

The atmosphere is poison. HR has paid no attention to the droves of exiting employees. Yet another example of weakness in management of the Burlington office.

Engineers are in high demand in this area. It's pretty easy to find a happier place to work.

Advice to Management

Quit.

6. "this company is extremely unorganized and unstable. do not work for the Network Operating Center."

Former Employee - Tier I Technician in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Tier I Technician in Burlington, MA

I worked at G4S Technology (More than a year)

Pros

there isn't much to do any you can make decent money sitting on your butt in a go nowhere position. when I left they didn't have a manager, so I was sleeping on the floor over night for a decent pay check.

Cons

The management doesn't care about the employees. Find your own coverage, do not expect to move time slots on shifts, and don't expect to get much of a pay raise or recognition. If an employee quits, all the other employees are expected to pick up the overtime, no matter when the shift is. Not picking up shifts will lead your other employees to shun you. working hard really gets you nowhere and there isn't really any room for advancement. One time they fired a guy because performing under par (as was everyone else) and he was an easy target.

Advice to Management

the manager was fired and there wasn't a manger for over a two months before I left the position, so my first advisement would be to get one. my second would be to take more consideration into what your doing, stop taking on lackadaisical contracts that don't pay out, and if you do how about you follow them and track their progress and maybe places wont drop service so frequently. I felt as though I constantly had to explain to my management how operations worked and why something didn't operate correctly when a customer complained. after a brutal public accusation and a firm response ( all via email), management wouldn't respond on the matter again. I think in over 2 years time, I had an interaction (by face or phone) with my manager once every 6 months. This stuff was all explained to them on various occasion with little to no action taken.

"USA has already gained their independence from England......"

Former Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at G4S Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Regional offices give a small company working environment.

Cons

Will not think outside the box. Corporate Management more concerned with operating within constraints of software and project operation policies than getting the job done and at a profitable margin.

Advice to Management

No room for advancement without re-locating. No real power given to regions, however, accountability falls solely on region.

8. "Decent Company to work for, new management is still working out the kinks"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at G4S Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

National Security Integrator with the ability to tackle large multi-million dollar complex projects. Engineering team is 2nd to none. New upper management in place to help grow the company and build a service organization. Pay and benefits are commensurate with the competition.

Cons

Transition form older management style is cumbersome and taking a long time. Various departments don'e always play well with each other.

Advice to Management

Keep working to streamline processes and improve employee and customer satisfaction.

"Newly acquired, formerly Adesta, taking care of favorites."

Former Employee - OSP ENGINEER in Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - OSP ENGINEER in Springfield, MA

I worked at G4S Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large profile Projects that were High profile

Cons

One of 600,000 employees means that you don't matter.

Advice to Management

None

"A few bad apples spoil the barrel"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Springfield, MA

I have been working at G4S Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reasonable middle managers, flexible about PTO

Cons

Nepotism and OSPs who believe that they are God's gift to the world