GAIN Capital Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
GAIN Capital CEO Glenn Stevens
Glenn Stevens

Pros
Cons
  • Low pay-rate, slow paced work environment, not a ton going on for a back office role (in 7 reviews)

• The company doesn't provide with any guide on personal career development (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Rich in experience and exposure"

I have been working at GAIN Capital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very open environment that enables growth and on job learning opportunities with no limitations especially for those who are self motivated and want to make an impact and make a difference. Friendly environment with focus on team work and collaboration. The environment encourages being fearless and supports learning from mistakes culture. Every single employee contribution counts.

Cons

Can get challenging for folks who expect growth on the basis of tenure and or lack passion about their workplace and last but not the least lack Can do attitude and or who rely on others to solve their problems consistently and blame others for their failures and or lack of success. Lacks respect for individuals who are not results oriented

Advice to Management

Help mature the hiring process to ensure we hire folks with the right attitude and not just skill. Encourage and reward the right behaviour and at the same point discourage

2. "Good Career Path"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ

Pros

It's a pretty good environment where everyone gets along and is willing to help each other out. Management is good to their workers and within time you can move up in the company. The company is continuing to expand and with growth comes more opportunity.

Cons

Pay is low compared to other places and the health benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep treating the employees with respect and you will retain the best talent.

3. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ

I have been working at GAIN Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, free bagels every Friday, great experience.
    You actually feel like your work can impact the company. If you're dedicated, you will walk out of this job with a lot more knowledge about the FX industry.
    I feel very valued by my team and manager.

Cons

Communication about company changes isn't trickled down very well from Execs to Managers to employees but this is rapidly changing. The work load is a bit heavy and challenging sometimes but it's all part of building a career here.

Advice to Management

Focus on retaining the good employees. Like any other company, communication and appreciation is key.

5. "Collaborative environment"

Pros

Everyone works collaboratively. Managers and C-level are all approachable and take time to answer questions. Focus is on fixing problems rather than blame. Challenging and complex work means a great learning experience. Good work life balance.

Cons

Each department has its own culture.

6. "Client Service Supervisor"

Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at GAIN Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the largest FX broker. Definitely help build up your reputation if you dedicate to such industry

Cons

Not very structured. Top-bottom communication is not very conducted. Back office role sometimes can be very boring and repetitive

Advice to Management

Directors are very nice and kind. Have not contacted too much with C-level management

"Time to Shake Up your Management"

Former Employee - IT in Bedminster, NJ
    Former Employee - IT in Bedminster, NJ

I worked at GAIN Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers to work with. Relaxed work environment, flexible hours., learning opportunities for self motivated individuals.

People were treating me well and with respect since working here.
    The workload is heavy but the colleagues had a positive attitude and provided support when needed.

Good compensation, travel opportunities.

Cons

The company doesn't provide with any guide on personal career development. No support for taking taking training courses or acquiring educational materials (books, etc).
    Health insurance is not impressive.

Management has no focus or vision on where to take the company and or a project, which causes delays or overhead.

Advice to Management

Invest in and value your employees.
    Educate current management, hire seasoned professionals in the field.

8. "Good stepping stone"

I have been working at GAIN Capital full-time

Pros

A lot of great coworkers which make the day go by pretty quickly. Since office is open 6 out of 7 days, hours can be pretty flexible.

Cons

little opportunity to move up in the company.

9. "CS"

Current Employee - Client Service Associate in Bedminster, NJ
    Current Employee - Client Service Associate in Bedminster, NJ

I have been working at GAIN Capital (Less than a year)

Pros

Good experience, good people, free coffee

Cons

compensation, please do not drink that free coffee

Advice to Management

bring everything up to speed

10. "Soulless Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ

I worked at GAIN Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees can wear jeans everyday. That is really the only good thing about this place that I can think of.

Cons

The managers here are the most soulless, manipulative people (I feel like I’m insulting humanity by even calling them people) you will ever meet. They will pretend to look out for you, only to turn around and lie about your performance to make themselves look good. If a manager makes a mistake, he will not hesitate to use an employee as a scapegoat, even if the employee had nothing to do with the manager’s error. Do not work here unless you enjoy being mistreated and screwed over for simply doing your job.

Advice to Management

Replace all upper and middle management starting at the top. Convince all managers to do the right thing and hold themselves accountable for their mistakes.

"HR"

I have been working at GAIN Capital full-time

Pros

I have been treated well since working here. Always treated with respect. The workload is heavy but the people I work with have an excellent attitude and provide support when needed. Fellow employees and Management are friendly and helpful.

Cons

I would prefer an office but understand we are mainly an open work environment with few offices. Multiple systems make accessing info challenging but this is rapidly improving.

Advice to Management

Continue to let people know they are appreciated. Continue communicating Company goals and trends in our business.