GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) CEO Eric Wolking
Eric Wolking

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Ethical, honest and fair work environment; (in 5 reviews)

• Also provides great health and benefits package (in 3 reviews)

"Loved Working here"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant II in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant II in Reston, VA

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for! The company allows contract employees easy access to client services managers via the web, phone, fax, etc.

Cons

GAP is a contract employer with the federal government. As with many contract companies, there is no job security.

"GAPSI is a Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I left a large defense contractor almost two years ago to work with GAP Solutions, and have been thrilled with the changes in my work environment and work/life balance. GAPSI has created many opportunities for me to learn more about the government as it relates to our business, and truly focuses on my areas of strength and how to further progress me as an individual instead of a number. After working endless hours at my previous position, I have appreciated the effort GAPSI takes to ensure a work/life balance and flexibility, as well as their numerous efforts to get to know their employees at various sites - which I had never seen before! Each person that works at Headquarters has become a friend to me, and presents their very best each day to ensure all employees feel like they are a part of a larger team. I also appreciate that when there is a mistake, which happens everywhere, GAPSI dedicates time to fix the issue and take steps towards ensuring the same issue does not happen again. It has been a great company to work with, and I look forward to continuing a career here!

Cons

It is often difficult to reach out to each employee individually because of various factors and limited resources - but they dutifully work to ensure each person is directly taken care of. Because of this dedication, I have seen an increase in employee relations and satisfaction!

Advice to Management

Work to keep the "fun" atmosphere you have worked so hard to attain! This is a great company, not like many others! Employees enjoy the one-on-one time, as well as group lunches, breakfasts, and even popsicle carts so that they have time to meet with everyone on their team! This sets GAPSI apart from other contractors, and helps to make a difference in the stressful environment we work in.

3. "Growing and energetic company that provides challange and reward!"

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to see your input and suggestions put into action;
    Management cares about the employees;
    Ethical, honest and fair work environment;
    Rewards hard work and initiative;
    Open to new ideas and process improvement.

Cons

Never a dull moment, but that is the nature of the business and services that GAPSI provides.

4. "research"

Former Employee - Investigator in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Investigator in Columbus, OH

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

pay, management, job duties, and more

Cons

short term contract. Function moved to MD

Advice to Management

ok

"Great company that provides long-term stability."

Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Above average starting salary for my position, annual increases (even when Federal staff were not seeing them), very nice 401k match, lots of paid time off, flexibility with work schedule, responsive corporate support staff, great senior management team, and a particularly great customer environment. I was recruited fresh out of college by one of the owners, and was promoted 3 times in my first 4 years there. I would very likely still be working for them in support of the same customer if government funding for the program had continued.

Cons

Worked on a T&M contract type so government would not pay us for snow days or other closures. However, GAP Solutions management was great about letting me work longer hours during the work week to minimize impact from closures. This allowed me to keep some of my PTO for actual vacation days or to take paid time off following the birth of my children.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you were doing. We saw at least one corporate representative each month, and when we had questions, the corporate staff from payroll, HR and Client Services did an excellent job working through our questions and concerns. The company newsletter, GAPSI Gazette, was a really nice tool to let us know what was going on around the company and at other job sites.

"Very good field support for remotely assigned employees."

Current Employee - Government Contract Work At Fort Riley, KS
    Current Employee - Government Contract Work At Fort Riley, KS

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Onboarding process was a smooth process. Company's use of automation is outstanding. Generous leave program for longevity with company. Tiered employee recognition program. Great participation in community events.

Cons

Limitied promotion opportunities due to contract requirements, but leadership is open to applying to positions at other locations for which you are qualified for.

Advice to Management

Leadership is helpful, approachable and has shown genuine concern for employees working at remote locations.

"Wonderful culture and excellent people"

Former Employee - AP Administrator
    Former Employee - AP Administrator

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Immediately upon the transition of the company’s ownership in September of 2013, there was an immediate and palpable change in the atmosphere at the company. What had been a place of fear, dread, and intimidation quickly transformed to a culture of openness and transparency where employees were respected and rewarded for their efforts. We were encouraged to suggest improvements, try out new roles, and even vent frustrations. Morale increased almost instantaneously and voluntary turnover, which had been extremely high, dropped dramatically.

As a result of the new direction and in spite of the fact that it occurred at roughly the same time as the government sequestration, there was little to no disruption in workload or contract awards. In fact, the increase in the company’s growth greatly exceeded anyone’s expectations. This speaks to the high level of dedication of the leadership and management teams to ensure customer satisfaction with a direct, hands-on approach to overseeing their various contract vehicles. Also around the same time, GAP Solutions attained its ISO 9001 certification and consistently achieves high scores on customer surveys.

I was privileged to work with a diverse and talented group of individuals whose mission was to support hundreds of contract employees both locally and throughout the U.S. The recruiting team is tireless in its efforts to fill open positions with only the best, brightest, and most competent individuals whose varied areas of expertise have facilitated the company’s remarkable growth over the last two years.

Cons

Occasionally there was some credit given where it wasn't due for others' work product. Some senior personnel had lapses in following procedures, making it difficult for support staff to maintain high standards for internal controls.

Advice to Management

My reason for leaving was because the owners recognized that my position wasn’t allowing me to make full use of my abilities. Thus, they recommended me for a wonderful growth opportunity with one of their sister companies. Quite frankly, I was sad to leave. However, I was both gratified that my skill set and aptitude were noticed and appreciated and comforted in knowing that my new position is under the umbrella of the same investment partnership. Therefore, I feel like I’m still in good hands. I recommend the leadership continue to recognize and reward the talents and abilities of its dedicated staff, encourage growth, and promote from within.

8. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Management Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Management Analyst in Washington, DC

Pros

*Competitive pay
    *Very active program management team
    *Growing company

Cons

*Company needs to continue to build a recognizable brand

9. "Intern (HQ)"

Pros

Interned Summer 2015
    -great people who care about each other
    -good pay for a summer intern
    -great learning experience for a first internship in federal consulting
    -great management and CEO who was willing to introduce me to business partners

Cons

-might not get to touch a lot of parts or add value, but then again you are an intern
    -while it was a good experience for a junior in college, training was a little limited - thus there was not much you could do to contribute to meaningful projects

Advice to Management

Continue to look for opportunities for interns to contribute in meaningful work which really motivates them.

10. "Senior Grants Management Specialist"

Former Employee - Senior Grants Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Grants Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GAP Solutions is the best company I have worked with during my work history, as a Contractor on-site you very seldom feel like you are part of a team or a company. They continuously made us feel our work and employment with them was very important. We had the CEO to the Program Manager available to us at any time for questions and concerns, no question too small. They are a very professional forward thinking company that has a clear understanding of helping customers achieve their missions with people, process, and solutions. They hire the best of the best and from a Contractor point of view they pay salaries comparable to our skills and expertise, which is very important to us. I was sorry the contract was over and look to working with them again, in the near future.

Cons

The price of working on government contracts is the bidding process. Due to the nature of the selection process the down side is that we could not continue to work the GAPSI.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and continue to grow.