GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) CEO Eric Wolking
Eric Wolking

Pros
  • Ethical, honest and fair work environment; (in 5 reviews)

• If they continue to hire people who care about their employees, they will go far (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for growth, no support from managing staff, pay sucks, and the raises are menial (in 4 reviews)

• As with many contract companies, there is no job security (in 2 reviews)

1. "They Toss You To the Curb As Soon As The Contract End"

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice support staff, fun company events

Cons

No severance, no transition services, no attempt to move you to a different contract. They just lay off people as soon as they can. They are all hugs and kisses with the dollars are rolling in. But then when faced with a challenging situation, the veneer quickly rubs off to show their true colors.

Advice to Management

Your employees are your best investment. Work hard to reassign them to other programs, instead of sending WARN notices, and laying off people with 2 days' notices. Shame on you for being so callous. I would never recommend this company.

2. "Great Place to Work"

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GAPSI offers flexible hours, competitive pay and benefits, and good work life balance. The company is willing to invest in employee development and offers excellent opportunities for professional growth.

One of the things that really impressed me during my time with GAPSI was the supportive culture. Management did an excellent job of letting employees know that their hard work was appreciated. Employees were often recognized for a job well done.Senior staff really seemed to care that employees were happy and motivated.

The people that I had an opportunity to work with were experienced, hard-working and great team members.

Cons

As with many government contracting firms, some on-site positions are largely dependent upon the status of a single contract. If a re-compete is unsuccessful, there may not be immediate opportunities available for affected employees. Re-competes for government contracts are often unpredictable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work,and continue to hire and develop talented people.

3. "Management Analyst"

Former Employee - Management Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Management Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Gap Solutions is an excellent company to work for. They care about their employees and were in constant contact with them. If you had questions or concerns, there response to getting back to you was within 24 hours if not before. Their benefits are excellent, they are very involved in the community, they have functions outside of the work environment for staff to get together.

Cons

The only con I have is that my contract was awarded to another company and so I am no longer with Gap Solutions, Inc.

5. "Senior Grants Management Specialist"

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GAP Solutions is the best company I have worked with during my work history, as a Contractor on-site you very seldom feel like you are part of a team or a company. They continuously made us feel our work and employment with them was very important. We had the CEO to the Program Manager available to us at any time for questions and concerns, no question too small. They are a very professional forward thinking company that has a clear understanding of helping customers achieve their missions with people, process, and solutions. They hire the best of the best and from a Contractor point of view they pay salaries comparable to our skills and expertise, which is very important to us. I was sorry the contract was over and look to working with them again, in the near future.

Cons

The price of working on government contracts is the bidding process. Due to the nature of the selection process the down side is that we could not continue to work the GAPSI.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and continue to grow.

6. "PM out of touch with customer"

Former Employee - Technical Instructor in Barstow, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Instructor in Barstow, CA

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) (More than a year)

Pros

independent, work hours flexability, interaction with customer, ability to network, knowledge of microsoft products

Cons

PM out of touch with Government Customer
    Lack of knowledge of programs
    extremely disrespectful to employees
    lack of trust and understanding of employees needs and customers needs
    no room for advancement
    low pay based on amount of work required also turns a blind I for work done on employees personal time, all talk.
    environment of just a temp. job so one can move on the better things

Advice to Management

Insure PM at well rounded not just in management of contract but great supervisory knowledge of program

7. "Program Assistant's thoughts"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment
    Able to work independently (as long as you do your work)

Cons

More structure for professional development opportunities
    Need for paid time off and sick days
    Need to contribute to benefits more- on the Gapsi end.
    No true benefits program public transportation besides taking money out of your paycheck but meanwhile they finance parking..

Advice to Management

benefits are great-just need to make sure that you are truly out there for all kinds of employees--not just one size fits most

8. "Decent Company"

Current Employee - Yellow Ribbon Coordinator in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Yellow Ribbon Coordinator in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They don't bother you unless you mess up.

Cons

the pay could be a lot better.

Advice to Management

Try to work on increasing employees pay for the quality of work we do.

9. "Decent perks, decent contract workers, with some bad apples"

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time

Pros

Decent hours, decent benefits, project managers are generally responsive, reasonable flexibility with hours, good place to work if you are looking for something temporary.

Cons

Like any contract company, employees are expendable. At the whim of the client, not the employee. Lack of genuine care for the employees' general welfare. Atmosphere of politics among peers.

Advice to Management

Try to place a greater emphasis

10. "Junior Program Analyst"

Pros

Positive, Laid back, Fun programs for employees

Cons

Communication could be better at time

Advice to Management

na

"Program Assistant"

Current Employee - Program Assistant II in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Program Assistant II in Arlington, VA

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed word atmosphere. Fairly good communication with HR and contractor contact.

Cons

This is basically working in a government job without any of the government benefits. No snow days, no transportation subsidy, etc. Lack of opportunity for promotion, development of skill set. Lots of turnover among program assistants. Pay is not great.

Advice to Management

Pay us more and give us better benefits and you will see your employees stick around for longer than 6 months.