GBMC HealthCare "free parking" Reviews | Glassdoor

GBMC HealthCare Employee Reviews about "free parking"

Updated Aug 21, 2019

Found 133 reviews

3.2
John B. Chessare
Pros
  • "Great benefits package, free parking, some great coworkers(in 11 reviews)

• "Room to transition into different positions, parking, good benefits(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons- it was a good learning experience(in 5 reviews)

• "Hostile work environment, not an ideal place to start a career, evident by inability to keep techs(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "free parking"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Poor Work Environment"

Current Employee - Staff Nurse

I have been working at GBMC HealthCare full-time

Pros

Location and free parking Location and free parking

Cons

Unsafe environment for nurses Poor Work environment- work load too heavy. Can not provide quality care Poor Leadership alot of Mangers, no real leaders No Diversity in Nursing education, Administration etc. Unhappy work place for nurses Nurse pt ratio poor Poor Communication from Nursing Administration A lot of basics

Advice to Management

Change!!!

GBMC HealthCare2019-03-25

April 8, 2019GBMC Relationship Manager

At GBMC we take pride in the compassionate care we provide our patients, and the positive employee culture we embrace. We encourage you to share your opinions and ideas in person with either a member of our Human Resources staff or your nursing leadership. Having a dialogue together ...

"An ok place to work"

Former Employee - RN

I worked at GBMC HealthCare full-time

Pros

Great benefits package, free parking, some great coworkers

Cons

Unfair policies, lower than expected raises, dealing with other departments within the facility can be difficult, not many opportunities for advancement (unless your friends with certain people). I worked here 12 years and never thought the staff turnover rate would be as high as it is now. Don't get me started on lean daily management (it's pointless).

Advice to Management

Long time employees will continue to leave if policies and procedures continue to change almost everyday.

GBMC HealthCare2017-04-13

April 21, 2017GBMC Relationship Manager

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I’m happy to see that you like our benefits package and that you have had positive working relationships with your colleagues. I appreciate your input re: our policies If you would like to talk more at length about these concerns please ...

3. "Nurse Support Technician"

I have been working at GBMC HealthCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Free parking for the employees

Cons

You have to cover your facial piercings

GBMC HealthCare2017-03-01

March 20, 2017Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for your review and your long-term commitment to GBMC!

"HR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at GBMC HealthCare for more than 3 years

Pros

Beautiful campus and free parking is the best part, yuk, yuk, yuk......

Cons

total favoritism throughout organization, unfair career and evaluations if you aren't in the "click."

Advice to Management

When 23 people leave a department in less than 4 years, pay attention, address the problem, leadership is weak and does not care.

GBMC HealthCare2017-01-17

March 20, 2017Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. If you'd like to provide additional feedback or information please email socialmedia@gbmc.org and someone will be in touch with you.

5. "Ok place to work!"

Former Employee - Ora in Towson, MD

I worked at GBMC HealthCare

Pros

Great insurance, great location, free parking, good benefits

Cons

Classism, Elitism, and passive aggressive racism. Little job advancement

Advice to Management

Do more to increase employee morale. Learn to treat all employees the same from the Janitor to the CEO

GBMC HealthCare2016-11-29

March 20, 2017Social Media Coordinator

6. "Client Support Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

I have been working at GBMC HealthCare for less than a year

Pros

free parking, nice landscaping, located on a bus line, met many nice people who work here, busy pace so day goes very fast

Cons

old buildings, bad communication about anything from how things are done to what your schedule for the week will be

Advice to Management

better leaders, better communications, place seems way behind similar systems in the area where I've worked recently, spend money on better training because I ask three people and get three different answers

GBMC HealthCare2016-09-20

"Registered Nurse"

I worked at GBMC HealthCare full-time

Pros

Small hospital with a community feel. Nurses are valued with surface pleasantries: Food and parties on the unit, etc. Free parking.

Cons

Inexperienced and incompetent leadership. Leadership is groomed from existing staff who have never worked at another organization. The blind lead the blind. Education is not valued. Decisions are made based upon people's opinion and who they are trying to brown nose at the time, not according to evidence or what is best for the patient.

Advice to Management

Dont forget that nursing is on the front lines, caring for patients, and their education and development is crucial to retaining staff and ensuring positive patient outcomes.

GBMC HealthCare2016-05-05
  8. "Great Opporunity"

I worked at GBMC HealthCare

Pros

Great Learning Great Staff Free Parking

Cons

Non paid Not the best parking situation but it is free

GBMC HealthCare2016-02-11

"This used to be a great place to work"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Towson, MD

I have been working at GBMC HealthCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No assigned uniforms......YET. My co workers are amazing and when you have to work under staffed that means a lot. Also the parking is free too employees however all employee parking areas are inconvenient and force some people to leave 15-20 minutes earlier just to clock in on time. But hey its free, I guess.

Cons

Management is horrible, there is a lot of favoritism. Pay is low in comparison to other hospitals. Employees aren't valued or even equal to other employees. Chain of command is pretty non existent. If you have a problem on your unit everything is at the "managers discretion" and if your manager is the problem there is pretty much nothing you can do but switch units. Even then it's up to your manager if you can go. Management...

Advice to Management

Clean house!!! Get more nurse managers that understand TEAMWORK and need less underlings (CUC's) to do their jobs!!

GBMC HealthCare2015-09-05
  10. "Behind the times"

Current Employee - Inpatient Physician Assistant I in Towson, MD

I have been working at GBMC HealthCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a beautiful campus. Walking trails on campus. Parking is free. Close to Towson and the beltway, I-83. Health incentives for discounts on benefits.

Cons

Do not value PA/NP cohorts. Physicians seem resistant to the presence of PA/NP's I received a nurses week journal during nurses week, but no mention of PAs during PA week.

GBMC HealthCare2015-08-13