GC Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Frank A. Taylor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Pay is good and incentives are as well, if you can connect with your debtors (in 10 reviews)

• Not as stressful as other call Center jobs, good environment (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, difficult to score bonus (in 35 reviews)

• Lots of negativity amongst supervisors and upper management that trickles down to the team Agent level (in 12 reviews)

1. "Garnishment Rep"

I have been working at GC Services full-time

Pros

Consistent, full time employment. Management team to top very good.

Cons

Lack of advancement. Don't think all employees were given same chance to advance.

Advice to Management

I appreciated and enjoyed my six years there but there needs to be more attention to advancing employees more especially with alot of supervisor experience

2. "Great job"

I have been working at GC Services full-time

Pros

Great management. Second family. Best job I've had

Cons

Rude phone calls. Scheduled hours.

3. "Call center"

Pros

Good bonuses (after 90 days) fun winter activities for holidays

Cons

Must work for 90 days before they will have any understanding of personal life

Advice to Management

Treat it as a normal workplace, not as a place for chickens to lay eggs for a few hours then go home.

"Former manager"

Former Employee - Trainer in Huntington, WV
    Former Employee - Trainer in Huntington, WV

I worked at GC Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work atmosphere and company culture.
    Wonderful opportunity from entry level all the way up.
    Advancement opportunities.
    Transparent, support based management that helps you achieve personal goals and make more money with a great bonus opportunity.
    I was in the GA student loan division

Cons

I relocated so one con I have is that there wasn't a GC Services in the area I moved to. I didn't take advantage of the medical benefits but they could have been more competitive in this area.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

5. "Friendly until they're not..."

Former Employee - Home Based Chat Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Home Based Chat Customer Service Representative

I worked at GC Services full-time

Pros

Work from home.

Equipment provided.

No phones.

Cons

Low pay.

Lack of communication - Emails and voicemails are not answered.

Not flexible at all - I was hired and started training but quickly realized training until 12:30 AM was too hard on me and my family. (My time zone is 3 hours ahead.) I talked to my trainer and was pretty much told to send a resignation email. There was no advice, support, willingness to help find a solution, etc. I sent it because I felt I had no choice. I did not want to resign. The next day I sent emails to my trainer and the HR department and left voicemails asking if there was another training class I could be moved to that started earlier or even if I could be put on a waiting list if another class opened up. After waiting days no one answered. Finally the following week I reached someone in the HR department who coldly told me there were no other training classes and that since I resigned during training I was not eligible for rehire for two years. I was never told this and had I known I certainly wouldn't have sent the email. I know for a fact that one of my fellow trainees was in another class the month before and couldn't continue because of family issues and they moved her into my training class with no problem. Unfortunately, I guess the rules do not apply to everyone.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible and have more care and compassion for the people who work for you. You lost a dedicated and hardworking employee. It's a shame you would rather keep employees who can't type, speak in complete sentences, or follow the rules and regulations like having a dedicated private work space and not allowing others into this area. (Examples from my actual training class).

"Home based customer service"

Current Employee - HOME BASED SERVICE - Customer Care Professional in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at GC Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Able to work from home, laid-back atmosphere, supportive team mates.

Cons

Online training, but very little help once you are on the phones. Low pay, but you are home in your pjs. This is not a grown up job.

Advice to Management

No incentives to keep working here or take pride in your work.

7. "100% True"

Former Employee - Trainer in Weldon Spring, MO
    Former Employee - Trainer in Weldon Spring, MO

I worked at GC Services (More than a year)

Pros

No Pros and no growth

Cons

Way too many cons and no more Sick and Vacation pay

"When you micromanage, you are not allowing people to learn from their mistakes."

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Mesa, AZ

I worked at GC Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pro here is you get to learn, In depth, about what not to do when running your own business. What not to do when managing employees. This company serves as an example. Nothing more.

Cons

This is unfortunately a very poor business model. Thus is a 3rd party call center. Big companies contract GC to do their customer service so that they don't have to invest in their own customer service. At GC it is all micromanagement. Every metric imaginable is observed 24/7. There's negative reinforcement. They purposely provide impossible goals to get to any form of bonus worth while. Promotions were done by opinion, not by hard work. You are constantly taking blame and not encouraged.

There are no such thing as bad teams, only bad leaders. The leaders you follow in this company never take responsibility. No matter what you do, at the end of the day you are simply just another number. It's sad. Why would you build a company this terrible? Why would you treat other human beings so poorly?the executive branch of this company needs to get more involved, take responsibility and provide a better environment.

I am not a bitter ex employee. I am an ex employee you strived to get to the top. I treated everyone respectfully and reached my metrics. I worked hard to meet goals. I attended meetings, asked questions and made suggestions. In the end I felt used and pushed to my breaking point.

It is unacceptable the way every day hardworking citizens are treated here.

Advice to Management

Take responsibility.
    Check your ego.
    Get involved.
    Listen and Do.
    Actions speak louder than words.

"It's better than nothing"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at GC Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full time work. Steady work. No frills job. I would only recommend as a solution for the short-term. If you need a job they'll give you one. It's not designed to be a long-term position and they make it clear through their practices. It is however, better than nothing.

Cons

Extremely high turnover rate. Below market wages. Unrealistic expectations placed on employees. Management basically views you as another body on the phone.

Advice to Management

Pay a livable wage, and value employees more. Place more realistic goals reps.

10. "Csr supervisor"

I worked at GC Services full-time

Pros

The pay was good . There were a couple of good people in the company.

Cons

The management in the corporate office was very mean. You have to request time off a year in advance and it can't fall at the end of the month because it's blacked out.