GCR Inc. "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

GCR Inc. Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Mar 3, 2019

2.6
GCR Inc. Chief Executive Officer Dan Cox (no image)
Dan Cox
Pros
  • "Company makes me feel valuable and supports work life balance(in 3 reviews)

• "Only thing I can think of is that they have some good people working from them (but I am pretty certain they'll be leaving too), and office location(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "I would love to see what the project managers demo when all the software developer, who are very badly paid without bonuses and raise quit the company(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at GCR Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are great. Coworkers are even better. Company makes me feel valuable and supports work life balance. Opportunity for quarterly bonus.

Cons

I can’t really think of a true con related to company.

GCR Inc.2019-03-03

"Not too bad"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at GCR Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Developer's experience will differ based on team/project. I was lucky to be on a team that followed proper SDLC, used modern tooling and had engineers of genuine pedigree. Several other teams/projects are the complete opposite. Work/life balance was always nice, benefits were satisfactory despite poor base compensation. To summarize, GCR is a nice place to use as a stepping stone.

Cons

Feedback is non-existent (one review in close to two years of working). Compensation is measly and company culture is non-existent. There is no scope for individual and financial growth. Recently, there has been a high turnover of established technical personnel. The organization does not have a proper hiring process. This has led to hiring incompetent people who would fail a fizz-buzz challenge. Due to reliance on body-shop partners, deliverable has diminished in quality.

Advice to Management

Establish a proper review process and work on retaining talent.

GCR Inc.2019-01-01

"Overall good company"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at GCR Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Starting salary is quite competitive when compared to similar size consulting companies; People who work here are genuinely nice and professional, and it is a lot of fun to work around them; The projects are meaningful and challenging at the same time, so you can expect to learn a lot of stuff; Work life balance is very good;

Cons

The career path can be unclear because that's not the primary concern of the management; The leadership of the CEO and directors sometimes can feel weak; The technology used here is not evolving along with the industry most of the time; The culture of the company is vague and the employees are not bound together;

Advice to Management

Put each employee's career enhancement as your priority and help them grow with the company

GCR Inc.2016-01-25