GCS Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
GCS Recruitment Managing Director David Bloxham
David Bloxham

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Career progression - I have had 3 promotions since joining GCS" (in 8 reviews)

• "Great working environment, always a bit of banter" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Can be long hours, but that is expected in any sales/recruitment role, so it's barely worth mentioning" (in 15 reviews)

• "GCS also instills the importance of a work/life balance in employees which is uncommon elsewhere" (in 2 reviews)

"Principal Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Principal Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Principal Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tough to keep this within character count...

-Incredibly quick career progression
    -Provided with high level training courses from junior-management level
    -Diverse work place with people from all over the world
    -Growth opportunities worldwide
    -Personable approach from upper management
    -Support and guidance for all levels of consultants
    -Welcoming office environment across all of the office worldwide

I could go on, but overall, GCS is an exceptional place to work. Fresh out of college as a grad, I didn't think I'd find a job that I wanted to get up in the morning for, but GCS has provided that for me. I've made lifelong friends, I've shared some incredible memories on incentives that GCS covered and I've been allowed to create a genuine career path because of GCS' continuous support. I've worked under two managers, both of which were exceptional leaders and did nothing but facilitate my success.

Cons

Can be long hours, but that is expected in any sales/recruitment role, so it's barely worth mentioning. GCS also instills the importance of a work/life balance in employees which is uncommon elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

2. "not a great experience"

I worked at GCS Recruitment full-time

Pros

good training, opportunities for career progression are clear-cut

Cons

bad culture, expect to work 11 hour days

3. "Horrible"

I worked at GCS Recruitment full-time

Pros

Overtime, overtime, overtime, overtime, overtime

Cons

Supervisors , lack of team work

Advice to Management

Be more helpful to your employees and stop treating them like they're disposable just because u see them as dollar signs

4. "Great Opportunity and Company !"

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management Style, Rewarding Salary and Compensation & Work events / Incentives

Cons

Nothing at all. Its all great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Decent"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Proven billers, professional environment, no micro-management.

Cons

Shared office space, nice but small.

6. "Recruitment Consultant"

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Top to Bottom - GCS Recruitment Specialists provided me with every tool in the book to become a successful consultant, and I mean SUCCESSFUL! Every senior employee here is committed to watching you grow and progress in your career here at GCS. Every day is a new opportunity to grow, learn, and earn money. The environment is like no other, a group of hard working individuals who truly care about, not only their own, but everyone else's success. The lively, energetic, and competitive nature of this environment drives me to want more every day I walk into work, this is the job for anyone looking to start a career with guaranteed growth. Management exceeds expectations, providing constant incentives that make the office bustle with excitement, driving production sky high. I can say I am very happy where I am in my career already, and I have hardly been here 6 months.

Cons

Absolutely nothing to complain about, GCS exceeding all my expectations!

Advice to Management

Keep up all the hard work, your doing it right!

7. "Amazing opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company to work for. The environment is exciting, fun and motivating.
    Everyone is super supportive and collaborative. And I've felt welcome since day one!
    There is so much room for growth and opportunity within the company, especially since they are rapidly expanding!

Cons

There are no cons that I can possibly think of, keep up the great work and culture that we have!

8. "Recruitment Consultant"

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work culture, great people, commission based work

Cons

The required work hours are long

9. "Consultant"

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent training and support. The managers and directors are great at making sure you have everything you need. We're given incredible opportunities to grow and our pushed to do the very best work which only benefits us (the consultants) in the end. Great office environment, team culture, and great incentives to work towards.

Cons

Long hours but they were very transparent about that before I accepted their offer of employment. Industry standard.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The internal competitions, regular incentives and professional growth opportunities are always in my mind to keep working towards.

10. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Career Progression - it's a meritocracy and therefore you are in charge of where you take your career, there are no 'glass ceilings'.

Training and continued development - Superb academy which gives junior consultants an excellent foundation to build their knowledge on. Also the continued investment in more seniors is a real help in pushing you through to become a Sales Leader or Team/Division/Office Leadership.

Commission Structure - it is an unlimited scheme and extremely competitive in the market.

Culture - it is an excellent culture, I believe that everyone knows what is expected of them and GCS really gives you the opportunity to work how you want to work but also push yourself as far and hard as you want to and achieve your goals.

Work Environment - The work environment makes my friends, both who are in recruitment and not, jealous because it is the perfect environment for people who like the fast paced, sales environment but also it's not completely KPI driven and as long as you produce positive results you can work to what suits you.

Senior Management - For the majority of senior management, GCS was their first job or first recruitment job which is extremely rare in the industry. The all have GCS' core values in their blood and lead from the front, they have done everything they ask of everyone else and it's a true testament to the career progression GCS offer that the current senior management have worked their way up from junior consultant level to Director.

Incentives - These are amazing. Again something my friends are jealous of as when we go Skiing, to Ibiza, Vegas, Miami, to lunch clubs, end of quarters and our yearly May Ball it's like going on holiday and partying with your friends.

Awards and Recognition - This is something I really believe in to reward and recognize everyone in the business, whether it's our reception and admin staff to the biggest biller in the company, everyone has the opportunity to win weekly, quarterly and annual awards.

Cons

I think we are almost 'too sensible and risk adverse'. Obviously we are a very successful company, have 4 offices in England, Ireland and America and have been trading for 25 years but I think they could have taken more risks in growing offices and although I think this taking more risks may have impacted the business adversely and therefore proving me wrong.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I believe we have an excellent company which is attractive to anyone looking to grow or start their career in recruitment.