GDH Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
GDH Consulting President JJ Hurley
JJ Hurley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company who offers opportunities for growth and has a great culture (in 4 reviews)

• There are great people in the back office who provide excellent support (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There was no cons about GDH consulting (in 9 reviews)

• None to report, it is easy, do what your supposed to do and you are rewarded (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at GDH Consulting full-time

Pros

Awesome culture and great people to work with

Cons

havent worked here long so have not seen any cons yet

Advice to Management

Keep doing what youre doing

2. "Listen to people when they say deductible is to high, $5000 per person per year"

Current Employee - Virtualization Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Virtualization Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at GDH Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

average pay is a little above normal

Cons

can't start insurance for two months and deductible is $5000 per person per year

3. "Overall Good"

I have been working at GDH Consulting full-time

Pros

great incentives and fun people

Cons

They are always changing things

"What an absolute pleasure to deal with!"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in New Bedford, MA
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in New Bedford, MA

I have been working at GDH Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent recruiters, great customer service, great communication!

Cons

No cons to report !

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

"Confused but Employed"

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at GDH Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good contact easy to speak to when and or if there is an issue.

Cons

No paid time off for contractors but if you work in the office you get plenty of PTO.

Advice to Management

No advice management is nice and pleasant.

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at GDH Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Excellent benefits (student loan reimbursement/health care/gym-reimbursement/$25/month credit for 5ks, etc./decent PTO)
    -Company culture is very family-oriented and supportive
    -Training is organized and structured as opposed to being thrown to the wolves
    -Management is very supportive in helping us succeed

Cons

None that I can think of the moment. It's sales, so compensation is based off how successful you choose to be.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great entry level job"

Former Employee - Analyst in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Montgomery, AL

I worked at GDH Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyday tasks are simple and straight forward. Management is nice and co workers were fun to work with.

Cons

Really need to improve the insurance plan

"Deeply troubling..."

Former Employee - IT Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - IT Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at GDH Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good commission structure, nice reward trip if you can meet numbers, will take a chance on no or in-experienced recruiters and account managers (see cons though)

Cons

I enjoyed a fairly lucrative career at GDH but within the last year I had to make the decision to leave. To echo a previous reviewer, GDH has made a cultural shift to hire limited or no experience staffing "professionals". While this is commendable, it makes for a difficult working environment for those of us experienced and overall has had an impact on what WAS tremendous growth. While upper management might tout top 10% of all staffing companies, the naked truth is that they have stalled. It has been a goal of GDH since 2014 to crack the 100M mark, but has not been attained and actually, last year (2016) revenue fell. One reason for this is the shift to cost savings from hiring those with limited or no experience but a significant blame has to be laid at senior leadership. Though numbering over 200 employees leadership at the top cannot delegate and runs certain facets of the company with a micromanaging and dogmatic style. While this might be of benefit, in practive the leadership is highly erratic. Business strategies, goals, metrics, and company culture changes regularly leading everyone scrambling to re-align. Some things are rather transparent as GDH states. Other things extremely opaque. Until recently GDH has been able to brush these things over. But it is having an effect and GDH has burned some senior level bridges both with internal employees and outside professional relationships.

Advice to Management

Re-assert higher level production talent. Respect current talent. Hire strong leadership and delegate. Be more transparent in business decision/stragies vs just "the numbers".

"sinking ship"

I worked at GDH Consulting full-time

Pros

They hire almost exclusively at entry level now, so if you're struggling to find a job or have burned a lot of bridges in the staffing industry, then they'll definitely give someone a chance with no experience, degree, or anything at all. There's also zero opportunity to move up, which is a con, but if you are interviewing for a management position with no experience, then it's a pro.

Cons

It's very concerning when a company of this size can't grow anymore and begins to shrink. If the multi-billion dollar companies can find ways to increase year over year, then a smaller company like GDH should be able to, but this is not the case. For some reason they think that turning the company into a sweat shop and pushing out anyone with experience is going to fix that, but it's having the opposite effect. If you're reading this and you're entry level, it's a paycheck and you can probably fly under the radar if you're quiet and passive, but if you actually want to work in staffing, go to a larger company that has a training program, values, and a clear mission.

Advice to Management

I always thought the most incompetent people were promoted and the management hires were horrible, so I can't imagine any advice here would be understood. I wish I could share how unprofessional some of the managers are.

GDH Consulting Response

Jan 9, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. GDH appreciates all feedback whether positive or negative as we are always looking to improve. GDH is committed to providing a comfortable... More

"Great Place"

Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at GDH Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place for individuals who wanted to get started in recruiting. I made some really great, long term friends. The environment is relaxed as it can get stressful when push time.

Cons

Most of my cons have to do with the work itself and not having as many positions as I was hoping for in order to make good commission. Also, a very strict 8:00 start time which I find to be a little ridiculous as most candidates or hiring managers that you speak with aren't until later in the day. I feel this should be a little more flexible so you aren't getting in trouble if you don't get there right before 8:00.