GDKN Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Electronic Tech"

I worked at GDKN full-time

Pros

good communication. Emailed or returned phone calls in a timely manner.

Cons

Did not have a rep on site.

"Horrible Contracting Firm!!!!"

Current Employee - Designer in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Designer in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at GDKN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can't think of anything positive.

Cons

GDKN never bothered to contact me nor gave me a means to contact them after they placed me in a position.

GDKN lost all my job and financial records,

Lost thousands in salary because GDKN never negotiated any salary increases in my behalf. I was under the impression that the my contracted employer didn't provide a raise, but GDKN never inquired about one.

Advice to Management

Hire people who actually care about their jobs and stop using Indian workers to handle HR records and issues.

"I Wouldn't Recommend"

I have been working at GDKN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There really are not many other than the free coffee and company paid breakfast every other week.

Cons

Too many to list but I will mention that the pointless daily meetings were extremely inefficient and took away valuable time from recruiting prospective candidates. Too much gossip and cliques in the office made for a lot of immaturity. You are pressured into purchasing breakfast and contributing to a birthday fund for everyone in the office. Management is a different story. The company's CEO is extremely full of himself, belittles his staff and has one of the worst management styles I have ever seen in my entire career. If you get the vibe that some of these reviews are too good to be true, its because there fake. No one would ever he this excited to work here.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect, be open to their ideas because even you don't know everything and you have lost A Lot of great and talented people over the years. Take notes and open your eyes.

"Poor recruiters"

I worked at GDKN part-time

Pros

They are persistent on getting you, your first job.

Cons

Once you start they are horrible at keeping communication about request a new position and/or location.

Advice to Management

Recruiters need better customer service skills.

"“Top heavy company. Hiring very good people, pays them well ”"

Former Employee - Clerk in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Clerk in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at GDKN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at GDKN Corp full-time (More than 3 years). its among largest news companies making profits takes high qualified resources with good backgrounds for senior positions

Cons

Not very employee centric policies, management have their plans for future but they should also think about the job timings for employees, should adjust their timings some times.

Advice to Management

Not very employee centric policies, Become more employee friendly and less top heavy.
    Confidence of employees should be enhanced to ensure productivity.

"IP Processor"

Pros

A temp agency that based in Florida.

Cons

No benefits, lack of communication between HR and employee's.

Advice to Management

Answer the phone.

"“HUMAN RESOURCES ”"

Former Employee - Fitter in Miami, OK
    Former Employee - Fitter in Miami, OK

I worked at GDKN part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with GDKN for more than one year
    Excellent Company, great opportunity to learn and contribute. Excellent Infrastructure and great Vision.

Cons

It takes a lot of time to implement things due to various hierarchical process.
    Keep up the good work and the company will keep reaching new heights each day.

Advice to Management

It takes a lot of time to implement things due to various hierarchical process.
    HR must be revamped from ground upwards, and bring those people in who understand the ethos and culture of Reliance.

"Sr. Account Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager

Pros

Great opportunities for growth. Very good accounts, growing company with lots of support from senior management.

Cons

Benefits are substandard. Really need to invest more in their employees across the country.

"Awesome!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at GDKN full-time

Pros

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME! they process your employment process soooooo smoothly!!! Thumbs up guys!!

Cons

nothing to say negatively cause you guys are awesome!

Advice to Management

keep up the good work!!!

"Horrible company to work for"

Pros

I am sorry to say, there at no good reason to work here other than employment

Cons

If you are reading this please be advised this is one of the worse companies to work for.
    I work in the office and the owners make us write positive reviews to counteract the negative truths you have read about this company on this site. They have fired everyone and have outsourced over 90% of the positions to India and Guyana. So therefore we are overloaded with work and they do not pay for Overtime and I required to write reviews about what former and current employees have said about them, and I don't even have enough time to do my job.
    Even though I get my regular pay, I earn incentives for placing consultants with our clients, they do not provide a breakdown of my incentive earnings for the employees that I have placed. I repeatedly ask and I get told, we are working on a system to do that. Why does their lack of investment in their company have to penalize me when I am doing my job to help their company?

Advice to Management

You are horrible, the turnover rate is astronomical. It will never work because of the ownership!
    They always compare themselves to their completion, you will never be that good because you don't have or know what it takes.