GDS Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Spencer Green

Pros
  • Ping Pong tables, ability to travel, immerse yourself in new industries, opportunity to make money and learn some unique sales skills (in 8 reviews)

• The company has great people and works at great pace (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Horrible boiler room environment (in 7 reviews)

• No clear direction with job roles, upper management (in 5 reviews)

1. "Love Working Here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at GDS Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What really takes this company to the next level is the culture- everyone is positive, up-beat, and friendly, and it feels like one big, diverse family. I LOVE the people I work with, and all the values and goals the company is fueled by.

Cons

Aside from their summits, they don't plan that far in advance and can sometimes be cheap (though they have been making some great changes around this)

Advice to Management

Quality over convenience please!

"It's pretty good"

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at GDS Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is fair for sales, It's a nice atmosphere, people are willing to help if you ask for it. Good training program/ nice office.

Commission is really good but it's not an easy job either. I feel the return on work is worth it, personally. Benefits are good - health, dental but no vision. Some other perks in the benefits too.

I'd recommended it to a friend or family. I guess the easiest way to say it is- if you want to make good money and build a strong network of c-level exes then this is a good option. But don't expect to be rich if your not willing to work.

Cons

Management Communication could be better, they have done some tweeks and improvements the last couple months so I'm feeling optimistic. so I don't have any issues, personally I'm pretty happy.

Advice to Management

I would suggest- assign a assistant leader in every team to help keep things efficient.

3. "Okay Company"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at GDS Group (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, loved my manager

Cons

not much growth, no yearly reviews/ pay increases

Advice to Management

Take more time to listen to what the employees have to say. Put more time into employee reviews.

5. "Delegate Sales Project Manager"

Current Employee - Delegate Sales Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Delegate Sales Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at GDS Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and working environment
    Fantastic support from senior management
    The new office is proof of the company's commitment to expansion

Cons

Although we probably have more holiday time than most US companies, sometimes we don't get holiday's such as Columbus Day - but we do get 2 weeks off in the winter!

Advice to Management

More integration between delegate and sponsorship sales.

6. "Not a bad gig!"

Current Employee - Project Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Director in New York, NY

I have been working at GDS Group (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing office culture and amazing views of the city. Company generates tons of money. Great pay, benefits, and hours. WEEKENDS OFF!!

Cons

Separation between two sides of the office.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunity to advance!

7. "What you make of it.."

Former Employee - Delegate Acquisition Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Delegate Acquisition Manager in New York, NY

I worked at GDS Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GDS has some great people working in the US office and the culture is upbeat and positive. There are opportunities for travel (they do events across the US and in Mexico) and the new office has great great views of lower Manhattan and Brooklyn. You can earn good money but you have to be prepared to work for it. It is target driven so suits people who are goal orientated and can rely on themselves.

Cons

There could be more recognition for the various support departments, being so sales focused means others are often overlooked who make meaningful contributions to the business. The pressure of delivering week in week out can be too much for some people, it doesn't suit everyone.

Advice to Management

Improve communication with the business and across departments.
    Create more sensible event schedules to put less pressure on support teams.

8. "Work Hard & Be Nice to People"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at GDS Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Since I started about a year ago, the team building and bonding experiences that the office does, creates a sense of community and support among the office. For example we did a 14 mile walk around NYC, dressed as superheroes, to raise money for autism. As a sales team member, my biggest support is my team and pod leader. They are available whenever I need advice or help of any kind.

I also want to say the training we go through is the best I have ever received. If nothing else, the training at GDS will make you the absolute strongest salesperson in your next job.

Cons

I don't have any major negative feelings about the company. I actually think it's the best sales environment I have ever been a part of.

9. "Current Sponsorship Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at GDS Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One thing that I love about GDS and why I actually enjoy coming to work everyday is the people. The culture here is second to none. It is alot like a large family culture whether you are on delegates or sales. Unlike most work places even out side the office many of us are friends. Whether is a birthday or someone closing a deal GDS is one place that truly celebrates and appreciates the people within the business and their accomplishments. Everyone is hungry to succeed and unlike alot of sales environments every wants to help you succeed. In addition to culture, the new office on Water St. is unreal. Its a great environment to come to work. Also the opportunity to make money here is second to none. As long as you come in with an open-mind, no ego, are willing to work hard, and listen to the people around you, you will succeed at GDS.

Cons

There are always changes happening around the business as GDS is still growing. It is also hard work. You certainly get what you put in but they give you all the tools to succeed here.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent with business changes and putting all departments in the best positions to succeed.

"They are lying to everyone, including you."

Current Employee - Delegate Acquisition Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Delegate Acquisition Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at GDS Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Apparently they pay somebody to write good reviews here. Check the positive review dates. GDS' complete lack of ethics may be appealing to some. You can practice lying all day if you'd like. You can hook up with your co-workers or boss with zero concern. No HR representative so if you're into sexual harassment you can do that too. There are mandatory training sessions on how to lie to people. Oh, and you get to make your own title! Nobody cares what you call yourself.

Cons

Literally everything. You will never make the money you've been told other than your base. If you're able to scam any executives into attending they will be pissed at you, personally. You will be lying to every single person you interact with. You've got to lie to senior executives, lie to their admins, lie to your co-workers (competition), lie to your boss (punishment), and lie to senior management because they simply have no idea what they're doing. Dishonest company with dishonest leadership selling dishonest summits. Seriously don't take this job.

Advice to Management

Start looking for a new job because this ship is sinking fast. Stop second voicing lies through your employees. Be ashamed of yourself.

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I worked at GDS Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meet some great people- ping pong- location

Cons

Everything here is basically a CON- from the bosses- the pay-your responsibilities--EVERYTHING.
    Never assume you're doing a good job-because you are not. They micro manage up to every sneeze you have. They take the money you earn from commission for mistakes THEY make. There is NO growth here, sadly you get sucked in by the people there and don't realize the better things in life you can be doing. If you want to come here to "grow" and gain "experience" try and go else where- coming here will just make you hate life. You learn how to lie, how to form a perfect scam and cheat people out of their hard earned money. Don't come here if you want to have a professional work experience, this is far from it. From the unprofessional-ism of the Senior Staff and snarky remarks they make behind everyone back-there is no surprise they have lost over 20 employees within the last couple months. Basically- if you're desperate for a job- just got to Mc'Ds - they will treat you better.

Advice to Management

YOU CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS!!! don't bribe the company with trips and time off and whatever else you result to. Learn to respect your employees.