GDS Group Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Spencer Green

Pros
  • Ping Pong tables, ability to travel, immerse yourself in new industries, opportunity to make money and learn some unique sales skills (in 8 reviews)

• The company has great people and works at great pace (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • The constant boiler room pep talks (in 6 reviews)

• No clear direction with job roles, upper management (in 5 reviews)

"Sales Exec"

I have been working at GDS Group full-time

Pros

Great product, fantastic teams & people, good vacation - 2 weeks off at Christmas time. Busy atmosphere, good training.

Cons

Can be stressful and high pressured at times, will face rejection.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in people, training - more staff days out!

"It's pretty good"

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at GDS Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is fair for sales, It's a nice atmosphere, people are willing to help if you ask for it. Good training program/ nice office.

Commission is really good but it's not an easy job either. I feel the return on work is worth it, personally. Benefits are good - health, dental but no vision. Some other perks in the benefits too.

I'd recommended it to a friend or family. I guess the easiest way to say it is- if you want to make good money and build a strong network of c-level exes then this is a good option. But don't expect to be rich if your not willing to work.

Cons

Management Communication could be better, they have done some tweeks and improvements the last couple months so I'm feeling optimistic. so I don't have any issues, personally I'm pretty happy.

Advice to Management

I would suggest- assign a assistant leader in every team to help keep things efficient.

3. "Business Industry Lead"

Current Employee - Business Industry Lead
    Current Employee - Business Industry Lead

I have been working at GDS Group full-time

Pros

Working at GDS has been an invaluable experience. The opportunity to learn and grow is consistent. I've never worked at a workplace where communication was so direct and critical to my professional career growth. The company is always changing, which means it truly does care about digital disruption and making sure we are up to speed with the reality of technology. The company strives to ensure the company culture is a great place to work. The most important aspect of working here, is the product is amazing, it gives companies the opportunity to grow by connecting them with the best possible prospects in a short period of time.

Cons

Every company has areas in which they would like to improve. Streamlined communication among management can use improvement.

5. "Okay Company"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at GDS Group (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, loved my manager

Cons

not much growth, no yearly reviews/ pay increases

Advice to Management

Take more time to listen to what the employees have to say. Put more time into employee reviews.

6. "Work Hard-Play Hard"

Pros

GDS has so much to offer if you put in the time, energy, and passion. Opportunity to make a lot of money, just need to stay on top of your work. You will succeed as long as you work hard with a POSITIVE attitude! We get two weeks of for Christmas holiday and we get to go to events in Mexico and all over the US. Although GDS has been around for 20+ years, the culture is fresh and new and it's a fun place to work!

Cons

Water machines don't work to well and you still have to work on Columbus day.

Advice to Management

Stay transparent, listen

7. "Work Hard & Be Nice to People"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at GDS Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Since I started about a year ago, the team building and bonding experiences that the office does, creates a sense of community and support among the office. For example we did a 14 mile walk around NYC, dressed as superheroes, to raise money for autism. As a sales team member, my biggest support is my team and pod leader. They are available whenever I need advice or help of any kind.

I also want to say the training we go through is the best I have ever received. If nothing else, the training at GDS will make you the absolute strongest salesperson in your next job.

Cons

I don't have any major negative feelings about the company. I actually think it's the best sales environment I have ever been a part of.

8. "Current Sponsorship Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at GDS Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One thing that I love about GDS and why I actually enjoy coming to work everyday is the people. The culture here is second to none. It is alot like a large family culture whether you are on delegates or sales. Unlike most work places even out side the office many of us are friends. Whether is a birthday or someone closing a deal GDS is one place that truly celebrates and appreciates the people within the business and their accomplishments. Everyone is hungry to succeed and unlike alot of sales environments every wants to help you succeed. In addition to culture, the new office on Water St. is unreal. Its a great environment to come to work. Also the opportunity to make money here is second to none. As long as you come in with an open-mind, no ego, are willing to work hard, and listen to the people around you, you will succeed at GDS.

Cons

There are always changes happening around the business as GDS is still growing. It is also hard work. You certainly get what you put in but they give you all the tools to succeed here.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent with business changes and putting all departments in the best positions to succeed.

9. "Delegate Sales Project Manager"

Current Employee - Delegate Sales Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Delegate Sales Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at GDS Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and working environment
    Fantastic support from senior management
    The new office is proof of the company's commitment to expansion

Cons

Although we probably have more holiday time than most US companies, sometimes we don't get holiday's such as Columbus Day - but we do get 2 weeks off in the winter!

Advice to Management

More integration between delegate and sponsorship sales.

10. "Not a bad gig!"

Current Employee - Project Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Director in New York, NY

I have been working at GDS Group (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing office culture and amazing views of the city. Company generates tons of money. Great pay, benefits, and hours. WEEKENDS OFF!!

Cons

Separation between two sides of the office.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunity to advance!

11. "What you make of it.."

Former Employee - Delegate Acquisition Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Delegate Acquisition Manager in New York, NY

I worked at GDS Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GDS has some great people working in the US office and the culture is upbeat and positive. There are opportunities for travel (they do events across the US and in Mexico) and the new office has great great views of lower Manhattan and Brooklyn. You can earn good money but you have to be prepared to work for it. It is target driven so suits people who are goal orientated and can rely on themselves.

Cons

There could be more recognition for the various support departments, being so sales focused means others are often overlooked who make meaningful contributions to the business. The pressure of delivering week in week out can be too much for some people, it doesn't suit everyone.

Advice to Management

Improve communication with the business and across departments.
    Create more sensible event schedules to put less pressure on support teams.