GE Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Kieran Murphy
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Less work pressure, means better work-life balance (in 159 reviews)

• Lots of flexibility and ability to work from home if needed (in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not so good (in 130 reviews)

• Working at such a large company means you must take individual ownership for your own growth (in 41 reviews)

1. "Scatterbrained and incompetent"

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time

Pros

Salary is competitive and benefits are reasonable
    Serious concern for employee ergonomics

Cons

GE has a culture of "can't"
    Rather than figuring out how to make the future happen today, or even how to catch up to current expectations, your colleagues will constantly tell you, "No, that won't work for us. We are special."
    Benefits are reduced a little each year
    GE only cares about profitability. The primary path to achieve this is avoiding lawsuits and regulatory bans
    Code reviews are a regulatory check mark rather than an effort at quality
    Gaming of the metrics are highly rewarded, and good work is treated as unremarkable or even punished.
    Loud and incompetent people get the promotions, making it more difficult for anyone to help
    You will feel like you are stuck in Groundhog's Day, facing the same problems, and teaching your incompetent colleagues the same thing each and every day
    The organization is scatterbrained. There are too many projects running simultaneously and none have enough competent people. Each is attempting to contribute to the same code base in isolation, meaning every software feature is written approximately thrice.
    Technology infrastructure is severely hamstrung in the name of security

Advice to Management

Clean house and get some focus
    There are industry best practices for software, it should be highly suspicious when your subordinates tell you they know better than the best practices.

2. "Product Sales Specialist"

I worked at GE Healthcare full-time

Pros

Can't think of one to be honest

Cons

No training, bullying environment, no leads, no rewards, no recognition worst culture you could possibly imagine

Advice to Management

Wipe the slate clean with old management and create a positive sales culture

"Toxic culture"

I worked at GE Healthcare full-time

Pros

Brand recognition and breadth of products

Cons

Humongous bureaucracy. No accountability. Never ending conference calls. If you're a white male, you're expedible at any moment...for no reason.

Advice to Management

Let sales people do their job. The ridiculous processes and stifling calls and calls and calls (and emails) never stop.

"Always on eggshells"

Current Employee - Sourcing in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Sourcing in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, average benefits, some decidated people still around. Summer hours are nice if you can actually take advantage of them.

Cons

Constant fear of layoffs, reorganizations and "doing more with less". Opportunities to advance are "who you know" and not merit. HR is deceptive and untrustworthy. Morale and trust is generally low, and accountability is selectively applied.

Advice to Management

Please stop promoting incompetent people into leadership roles just to check the boxes for diversity. Stop telling staff that we "matter", or to not get "distracted", all while you are cutting staff and driving uncertainty. The culture continues to drift toward only reporting "good news", "blame the person, not the (broken) process" and always being in CYA mode

5. "Medical"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Germany, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Germany, IN

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time

Pros

I have always love to save life . I graduated from delta state university and I studied pharmacology and therapeutics. I love yo save lives even if I am not paid . I do my work with great passion and seriousness

Cons

I haven't experienced any downside yet

Advice to Management

It is always good to work with deligent an passion . I will encourage management not to give up even when trial come

"Unfortunately I wouldn't recommend working for this company to my worst enemy let alone a friend..."

Former Employee - Director of Operations and Engineering in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Director of Operations and Engineering in Chicago, IL

I worked at GE Healthcare (More than 10 years)

Pros

None to mention... GE acquired the small start up I was working for where we were wildly successful and systematically destroyed everything we worked so hard to build. They paid ALLOT of money to do so...

Cons

I left this company, one of the worst experiences of my career. I didn't choose GE personally, they chose me in an acquisition... Big company on steroids. bureaucracy at its finest, Very difficult to get ANYTHING good done. Peripheral nonsense is more important than actually getting the job done... I have no idea how this company stays in business?! Granted it is a large company but its inefficiencies vastly outweigh its size! Give me the small start up where I can be recognised for my contributions an d actually get things done! I dont need to hide behind a team, and focus on excuses for why the deliverables are late...

Advice to Management

You are the problem! Fire yourself and allow some new managers to come in. they have ALLOT of work to do!!!

"CPM"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at GE Healthcare (More than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of. I would not even buy GE products after working for them

Cons

Management. Sales. Medical physicists. HR. Lack of clinical trial experience. Back stabbing employees and having employees in groups greater than 2 have security called on them for being a security threat

Advice to Management

Never do clinical trials, sell anything or every treat a patient. Never touch a patient for any kind of imaging trial. The medical physicists don't even know how much radiation is too much and patient rights are ignored

"Program Coordinator"

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time

Pros

Wonderful Biomedical Program, Good Benefits

Cons

A bunch of small businesses in one, no such thing as "ONE GE". They bill the customer unfairly and forces them to sign up for unneeded service agreements. Hidden NCR- "Non-Contract Revenue"- they sale to the customer that they will save you money but never do! Untrained BMETs!!!

Advice to Management

Use as a entry into the field of Biomedical Engineering!

"Pharmavy Tech"

Former Employee - Nuclear Pharmacy Technician in Holiday, FL
    Former Employee - Nuclear Pharmacy Technician in Holiday, FL

I worked at GE Healthcare (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Health insurance
    Good Vacation
    Gym reimbursement
    School reimbursement
    Employee discount

Cons

Bad management
    Low pay
    Bad HR
    No opportunity to move up
    Micromanagement

Advice to Management

Treat employees better

10. "A waste of my time."

Former Employee - Assembly Worker Lll in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Assembly Worker Lll in Akron, OH

I worked at GE Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is enjoyable and interesting.

Cons

They bring in large groups of contractors during peak times, then lay everyone off before their contact is over so that they don't have to offer you a permanent position.

Showing 113 of 2,161 reviews