GE Marketing Reviews in Colorado Springs, CO | Glassdoor

Colorado Springs, CO

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Andrew Balter

"Entry Level Account Executive"

Current Employee - Entry Level Account Executive in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Entry Level Account Executive in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

This is a marketing firm where we work on behalf of the clients representing their products. Meaning, we focus on direct marketing as opposed to indirect such as advertisements and radio commercials. The client pays us based upon how many new customers we can generate for them. This position is like any sales job...it's based on performance and I like that. There's no cap on salary and you DO receive a base pay if you complete 3 double play sales in a week which is super easy if you have a student mentality. There is growth and opportunity if you give it a 100%, but i you complain or play the victim you're not going to get anywhere fast.

Cons

Parking is a bit tough

Advice to Management

Keep coaching and developing people. I've seen such amazing results. For those of you who have negative things to say, you're probably still unemployed and bitter because you sat in your car instead of worked. Things in life aren't handed to those that wait.

2. "Not worth the time"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at GE Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can be great for an experienced door to door salesman.

Cons

Dishonest about what you'd be doing or the type of company they are from the very beginning. They are not a marketing firm, they are a sales firm.

Any company that makes a claim that they are a marketing company that spends their time in outside sales in today's business world is dishonest and lost. It takes less time, creates higher sales volumes and a less stressful which means more productive environment for a marketing company that wants to do sales to properly market a product for inbound sales paying sales associates a base pay plus bonuses for meeting or exceeding sales expectations.

Advice to Management

Either call you're self what you, door to door sales, or become what you claim to be and market products in a way that isn't outdated with an industry standard of payment. There's a reason companies like yours are being fazed out.... Sales and marketing is an ever evolving industry and you either evolve with it or be fazed out in the near future.

"sales scam"

Former Employee - Promoting Leader in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Promoting Leader in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at GE Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very motivated work environment. Your manager is always looking out for your best interest and ways to improve you're productivity. Positive attitude in the office.

Cons

I did a lot of interviewing and we were not allowed to tell the interviewees directly that they would be doing door to door sales 6 days a week, no matter the weather. 11am to 9pm no base pay only commission. Two nights a week are mandatory spent with the company at local bars/restaurants with new employees to create a relationship with them so they dont quit as soon aa they realize what the job is. They pay a lot of money to have good reviews put on these sites. No insurance, no benefits, they dont cover the cost of anything. A very shady company with questionable morals.

Advice to Management

Try to be a little more prossional, way too much sexuall harassment and immature behavior.

"Great opportunity for advancement"

Current Employee - Account Manager/Team Lead in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Account Manager/Team Lead in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at GE Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Merit based advancement, everyone that gets to management does so through hard work regardless of seniority. Thorough training and follow up from management and others in the office.

Cons

Advancement requires hard work, I don't really consider that a con, but some people will. There's also a time sacrifice for the first two years or so.

Advice to Management

Continue the good work.

"“Look no Further ”"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at GE Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the company that is really helping me develop some important skills. I am responsible for my own time, and essentially i manage myself as well as other people whom have joined my team, i am starting small but within a few months my team should be a good size! I am excited for the opportunity!!

Cons

There is nothing negative that i have encountered so far. Everything has been really fun and interesting!

Advice to Management

Thanks for the support in training us.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at GE Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Personally, i am someone whom wants to excel in marketing and sales because this is the field where one develops themselves and makes the big bucks! My major is economics so this is right up my lane. The money is excellent, although the first two weeks are the initial development stages, and tend to be more difficult, it is also extremely rewarding and beneficial in many ways. I am an active person, so i love that i am able to work, and mentally develop my business skills on a daily basis. "Being lazy or unmotivated, will not assist in growth in any true business environment" has always been my moto, and i get to put that into practice daily. I also really appreciate all of the great leaders who have tirelessly helped me become more skilled. I have been promoted and started building a team of my own. I hope to be promoted to manager within a year!

Cons

If you are a full time student or parent, this may not be for you. This is a Management Training Program, and a full-time career, which requires commitment. From my personal experience, it is absolutely worth it! This opportunity has changed my life for the better ! One unexpected phone call can drastically improve your life. Utterly grateful!

Advice to Management

I love the contest's! Keep them coming!

"Amazing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at GE Marketing (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked here for over 2 years, and it's the best job I've ever had! Before I found this job, I worked in a lot of retail and administrative places that didn't offer much of a future. In other companies, it takes ages to get promoted, and I didn't like that I worked harder than anyone else but got paid the same as everyone else. Here, the harder you work, the more pay and advancement opportunities you get. I didn't have any marketing experience, but they trained me from the ground up. They give everyone a chance as long as they're willing to work hard. I love the people I work with too. James is an extremely organized and very smart manager, plus he has a heart of gold. The person who trained me, Jason, always went out of his way to help me. Besides having a dream career, I found my second family. All in all, I can't imagine myself working anywhere else.

Cons

You have to work really hard. I enjoy that, but other people may view it as a negative. There's a lot of emotions tied to the hard work, which can make it difficult, but any challenge I encounter with this job I'm willing to deal with because it's worth it!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Lets get real"

Current Employee - Sales in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at GE Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Full Time Work, Nice Co Workers, Positive Environment.

Cons

Door to door Sales, Takes money to make money, no hourly wage, Long hours, work weekends, No guarenteed pay.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"Not as good as it sounds....."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at GE Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

easy to get a job and start work

Cons

you are promised a big paycheck and quick promotions when in reality, you work 60+ hour weeks and hardly make money. Employees get stuck there with the promise of eventually making big bucks. The interview description of the job is completely different than reality. They have a fat turnover rate for new employees- not many stick around

"Great Place for Hard Workers"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at GE Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're a confident people person and have the drive to commit yourself to a goal, you'll do great. Everything is straightforward and clear. Excellent work environment and everyone is very supportive.

Cons

You put in a lot of hours and your paycheck is up to how hard you want to work. Could be good, could be bad, all up to you.

Advice to Management

Keep it up