Found 1,866 of over 19K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about GE
The Work-Life Bowl
How do workers with families and mortgages in Tech measure the level of risk they are willing to accept with layoffs or position themselves to not get laid off? What are some strategies? I just have a general interest in understanding.Amazon Rivian Whoop GE Facebook (Meta) Apple Tesla SpaceX
P2P Business Partner
Hi everyone, I need help choosing between two offers. First one is with GE Power on their FMP program, base of 70K + 5k sign on. Second one is with Raytheon Technologies on their FLDP, 70K base + 5K sign on as well. I don’t know how worried I should be about GE’s recent news of splitting. My long-term goal is to get a T25 MBA and go to Business Development/Corporate Strategy. I appreciate any help in advance!
Got a burning question about GE? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with GE employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Flexibility and great people to work with" (in 880 reviews)
- "Benefits are good and easily accessible" (in 776 reviews)
- "I believe that most management at GE tries to help employees have a good work/life balance." (in 640 reviews)
- "The pay is good if you are willing to put in sevens days a week all the time" (in 493 reviews)
- "Great culture and values." (in 482 reviews)
- "But nooooo ... those who are at the bottom of the packing order pay the price of the poor management." (in 431 reviews)
- "low salary and too many pressure" (in 402 reviews)
- "Too many managers make it hard to know what is expected." (in 236 reviews)
- "Long hours and lots of tasks" (in 161 reviews)
- "Poor upper management." (in 73 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of GE and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "culture"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Aug 11, 2016ManagerFormer Employee, more than 10 years
Training and development, challenging opportunities. Good people.
Never-ending uncertainty. Business is constantly updating its official corporate culture and is seemingly always impacting teams with reorg's (buy/sell/realign).
- 4.0Apr 26, 2018Senior Financial ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsSchenectady, NY
Global company with strong businesses (Aviation, Healthcare, Power, Renewables, Oil & Gas). Talent is generally very good and the culture of integrity is strong which helps in doing business around the world.
Current transition of management (CEO, CFO, Senior leadership), changes in Board of Directors and structure of the company creates a lot of uncertainty. Ongoing restructuring & cost out actions necessary but painfulGE Response5y
We realize it's stressful during times of change and look forward to showing progress and stability moving forward.