GENCO Distribution System Forklift Operator Reviews | Glassdoor

Herb Shear

"Very fun to work here"

Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Mechanicsburg, PA

I have been working at GENCO Distribution System full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are lots of overtime work opportunity to make more money

Cons

We work a lot of weekends here

GENCO Distribution System2014-10-21
  2. "Very nice supervisors"

Current Employee - Forklift Operator

I have been working at GENCO Distribution System full-time for less than a year

Pros

The job it's not hard at all, very friendly supervisors, good medical insurance.

Cons

Low pay rate compared with most of other.. companies, specially for forklift operators, only one break in eight hours, they force you to work overtime all 7 days of the week when I it's busy, especially in summer time when everyone wants to do things with their families, no bonus, not much pay raises

Advice to Management

Give a least a 15 mins extra break, pay more and get more people when it's busy so the employees won't have to be there every weekend

GENCO Distribution System2016-06-20
  3. "forklift driver"

Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Edwardsville, IL

I worked at GENCO Distribution System

Pros

very clean warehouse, they spend a lot of money keeping it that way,they also now how to recycle, and they paid very well.

Cons

If everybody followed the systems, like they should, it would be good for everyone, but their is too much cherry picking, in other words, they do what they want.

Advice to Management

Management say's their going too hold people accountable, and they don't, they are afraid too manage their own people.

GENCO Distribution System2016-04-04
  4. "Very poor and unintelligent management"

Current Employee - Forklift Operator

I have been working at GENCO Distribution System

Pros

They pay you to work.

Cons

Very poor management and an even worse HR staff locally. If you have any felony convictions, forget about something on your application, are overweight, or they deem "not a good fit", then you can kiss your job good bye. They find any excuse, when taking over an existing account, to get rid of you so they can hire temporary employees that will NEVER be properly trained to do the job correctly. You are a number, and...

Advice to Management

Get your act together, listen to your employees as THEY are the pulse of company and really know what's happening.......and FIRE yourselves! Stop being lazy. As a family run business for over 100 years, this is surely a greedy and untrustworthy company.

GENCO Distribution System2014-12-14

"Good company to work for if in need of steady paycheck, but not what you would call a good "career opportunity""

Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Groveport, OH

I have been working at GENCO Distribution System full-time for less than a year

Pros

Steady Paycheck, Fast Paced Environment, Decent Work Environment, Some Opportunity for Promotion.

Cons

Lack of Qualified Leadership, Leadership very Disorganized, Mandatory Overtime without being informed beforehand.

Advice to Management

My advice is to simply work on your organization skills, reform management especially a lower levels (i.e. Leads, Supervisors). Employees should not feel like their supervisor knows absolutely nothing. Employees should be able to go to their supervisor with a question and get an answer, not "go ask so and so"....

GENCO Distribution System2014-09-16
  6. "Everyone is very nice, very organized, happy place to work"

Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Fairfield, CA

I have been working at GENCO Distribution System full-time for less than a year

Pros

People who have been have been here for 10, 15, 20 years. Room to grow, lot of hours, nice people.

Cons

Wage could be a tad higher.

Advice to Management

Raise the wage

GENCO Distribution System2014-03-25

"Four Oaks DC is one sad place"

Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Four Oaks, NC

I have been working at GENCO Distribution System full-time for more than a year

Pros

none so far. zero, zelch

Cons

TOTAL lack of respect for employees. Pay is absolutely horrible. Management has the our way or the highway mentality. Never know work schedule. holidays mean work saturday. Have not had a 3-day weekend yet.

Advice to Management

RESPECT, RESPECT, RESPECT!!!!! we, as employees, need to come together and get a UNION involved. They do not want to hear that word. SCARED I believe is the word for the company. A UNION would give employees a say about many things out here. We need some HELP!!!!!

GENCO Distribution System2012-12-28

"was happy to work there"

Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Tobyhanna, PA

I worked at GENCO Distribution System

Pros

I have worked for Genco for 4 years, i enjoyed coming to work felt like i was an asset when i got the chance management would give me more responsibilities which i enjoy

Cons

I believe the company needs to look at your work performance and not the numbers,and look firther into why you did not make your percentage

Advice to Management

I admit i left because i was going to get written up which i did not agree with and would of discussed it with management if giving the chance . I called the next day to discuss and was told maybe an opportunity to come back to work. I was told i am not eligible

GENCO Distribution System2012-01-06
  9. "Genco is a solid company that is decent to work for."

Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Carlisle, PA

I have been working at GENCO Distribution System

Pros

Nice schedule and ability to get overtime. The pickers and operators work well together. The work is easy and quota attainable. Lots of extras given to teammates by genco.

Cons

Management can be childish and tend to tell employees they are spoiled. Some of the management sleeps at their desks. Lots of fighting between people and drama. The payscale should increase faster.

Advice to Management

Management should squash the petty problems and be more responsive to bad behavior of teammates and themselves. Management should not sleep at their desks. Management should realize there are other jobs available to employees outside of genco.

GENCO Distribution System2011-09-23

"worst job exp I've ever had none of the mngrs had any exp in their role at genco"

Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Tobyhanna, PA

I worked at GENCO Distribution System

Pros

pay was great my coworkers were some of the best to work with,overall a lot of teamwork,short ride to work from the house

Cons

nobody knew the answer to any question that you asked,they made us work 7 days a week,and when you took a day off you were written up and they played favorites

Advice to Management

hire the right people for the right job

GENCO Distribution System2011-04-05