GENESYS Systems Integrator Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Patrick Perry

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Worked in their shop"

I worked at GENESYS Systems Integrator part-time

Pros

I learned a lot working at this company. The shop foremen are generally great guys who are understanding and will teach you anything you are willing to learn. Safety is taken very seriously at this company and I never felt pressured to do anything unsafe. I would highly recommend working in their shop.

Cons

Can be difficult to move-up in the shop because there aren't often new foreman positions available, however, if you are a good worker, you will be noticed and recognized.

Advice to Management

Continue caring about your people. Your genuine concern for your employees is a fantastic perk that many employers are forgetting these days.

2. "Engineer review"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at GENESYS Systems Integrator part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very well co-ordinated I.T. systems. The project management is very well run and managed. Very friendly people. Interesting work. Union shop environment.

Cons

One needs to march to the right drum beat for a good experience. Be careful to not drink too much Kool-Aid.

Advice to Management

Focus on core business.

3. "Home"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Pros

My boss cares about me, my family and my happiness. Doors are open and I feel anyone at this company from top to bottom make themselves available to employees. I am challenged daily, and understand my role in meeting the company goals.

Cons

Peaks and valleys in business cycle.

Advice to Management

The world is changing, continue to keep an eye on the big picture.

4. ""Loyalty Leads""

Current Employee - Wearer of Many Hats in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Wearer of Many Hats in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at GENESYS Systems Integrator full-time

Pros

GENESYS gives opportunities to employee's who show a willingness to commit to excellence. Work Hard, and it will be noticed. The room to move up at GENESYS is unparalleled. Small company that puts it's faith in it's people.

Cons

Valley's in industry cause layoff's, and there is a time when you have to ensure you aren't on the bottom of the list.

Advice to Management

Keep a clear direction for the company.

5. "Great Company Environment"

Former Employee - Detailer/Designer in Sedalia, MO
    Former Employee - Detailer/Designer in Sedalia, MO

I worked at GENESYS Systems Integrator (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Great People. Flexible work schedule

Cons

Valley's in work.
    Travel a lot

"Had a great experience at GENESYS and got to learn a lot of new skills"

Pros

The best part about working at GENESYS was the responsibility that they trust you with. The people are very helpful and there are no closed doors in the company. Everyone is more that willing to spare a couple minutes to answer a question or just talk.

Cons

Smaller company so it can be harder to climb up the corporate ladder easily. Training program can be a little bit better as well.

"Motion with Purpose"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at GENESYS Systems Integrator full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part of working at GENESYS is the people you get to work with on a daily basis. I recently took a week off to travel which reminded me that not all places in the world are like GENESYS. The trip made me appreciate the people I get to work with on a daily basis even more. Rarely do you find a large group of "A" players who are also humble enough to work together in the best interest of the entire organization. At GENESYS, each individual provides the potential, but the teamwork creates the results.

Cons

GENESYS works in a high-stress, fast paced industry. Those who are able to excel in the constant change, think, and react quickly are able to thrive in this environment. GENESYS takes on high profile projects where the individuals who make the decision to work with GENESYS may be putting their job on the line, and they count on GENESYS to make that project/venture/initiative a success. Often the jobs are not only successful but the jobs are so successful that the individuals that GENESYS works with end up getting promoted. Knowing that the work you do on a daily basis has a large impact on the success of GENESYS and the client is challenging and rewarding at the same time.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive new initiatives that keep GENESYS at the forefront of the industry, but do not lose sight of the core competencies and strengths that has allowed GENESYS to get to the great company it is today. Keep working to ensure that GENESYS remains one of Kansas City's Best Places to Work and apply for more industry awards. GENESYS has all the right ingredients to be recognized for the success it has generated such as being an industry leader in the automotive and fiberglass automation, integration, and material handling industries while developing a culture that is second to none.

8. "Trickery at it's best"

Current Employee - Engineer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at GENESYS Systems Integrator full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fruit for breakfast daily. Go home late at night.

Cons

You get to work long hours every week for 40 hrs. pay. Management tricked the employees into accepting a larger base salary and not be paid hourly. Then we got busy and now the employees are making less money than they would be if they were hourly pay.

Advice to Management

You already work us to death, and now you insult us for it as well.

9. "Very satisfying overall, fantastic company culture"

I have been working at GENESYS Systems Integrator full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a member of the operations department, I find that my voice is always heard. There is a fantastic company culture that shines through in all facets of the company.The employees of GENESYS became my family and it was a seamless formation witnessing my coworkers become my social group outside of work. My direct superiors continue to request a gauge on my happiness at "G" and encourage me to pursue professional interests that could potentially morph into other positions at the company. I also strongly appreciate the emphasis on living a healthy lifestyle and the means in which GENESYS helps you accomplish your goals towards a healthier lifestyle. General work flexibility, not taking each other too seriously, fun and different events (Colorado ski trips!), unpredictable day-to-day tasks, and a beautiful work space are additional perks.

Cons

The location of GENESYS is not in the best part of Kansas City, so you do need to be extra wary when you meander this area of town. The workload on behalf of engineering and manufacturing isn't always at a constant, so one needs to be prepared for peaks and valleys. Some jobs come at high-stress levels and long hours/weekend work can be required. Extra help for the admin department would also be extremely beneficial.

Advice to Management

Bringing in a receptionist would free up the two girls at the front to focus on more higher-level tasks that get bogged down by smaller, very time-consuming tasks. In general though, I stand behind the decisions of upper management and trust their decisions.

10. "Best company I have ever been employed with"

I have been working at GENESYS Systems Integrator full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company emphasizes making the work environment a place where people like to come to work, enjoy who they work with and providing a culture that is fun, collaborative and creative. Good health and wellness program.

Cons

Cyclical work load with some of their customers. It can be difficult to forecast resources and labor when a portion of their revenues come from industries that make capital improvements at certain times of the year.