GEO Group Reviews in Boca Raton, FL | Glassdoor

Boca Raton, FL

1.1
GEO Group Chairman and CEO George C. Zoley
George C. Zoley

Pros
  • Good benefits, while I worked there they since they had pay and benefits under Service Contract Act (in 9 reviews)

• Friendly environment good pay ,great benefits and a chance for advancement (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay for the amount of work you have (in 13 reviews)

• The more money the save, the larger the bonuses for upper management (in 9 reviews)

1. "Upward Mobility"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at GEO Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Diverse company with many opportunities for upward mobility.

Cons

Too large a company with too few middle level positions for advancement. Likely to employ retired professionals to fill internal promotional level positions.

Advice to Management

Great company but management should keep an open mind and allow for more advancement from within the company.

"Horrible Company"

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at GEO Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The non-management employees are usually a good group of people to work with. I have come across a couple of exceptions.

Cons

The corporate management at GEO are a bunch of bullies. I have witnessed a couple of directors and managers verbally and physically abuse their employees. Unfortunately, the employees are paid off to keep quiet about it so nothing ever gets done about it.

Advice to Management

Stop abusing employees. Get some leadership skills and get out of the business of bullying people. Strive to create an ethical workplace. Get some morals and values.

"Dissatisfied at Corporate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at GEO Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stability, this company just makes money from inmates, there is no product so they just make money. We do get more holidays off than average I'd say. Pay can be good. Most employees have been given some stock options.

Cons

This company has terrible communication and when you mention this in a meeting, you just get blank stares. Some people have been with them or with a similar company their whole career so they don't have any perspective. If you have worked at a large, structured company, GEO might drive you crazy. Nepotism is quite common at Corporate, along with the usual politics. Most managers in my dept. have no degree and have received no mgmt. training, they think telling someone what to do is managing. In my dept., we have never received any training. My pay is below what the market pays and we have had several people hired for the same position making more. My manager did nothing to fix this. People working at the facilities usually receive low pay with not much opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Education! Put people in charge that know how to manage others, that know how to communicate. Realize that just because it's the way you've always done it, doesn't make it the right way.