GEP Reviews in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
GEP CEO Subhash Makhija
Subhash Makhija

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance can be improved (in 13 reviews)

• 2: Appraisal percentage are low and promotion again is dependent on your visibility amongst senior management (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Rewarding Work Environment and Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Clark, NJ

I have been working at GEP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One team approach on projects. Contributions are valued and employees are treated with respect. Executives "roll up their sleeves" and work hard alongside staff. Creativity and hard work are recognized and appreciated. There really are no limits to your professional success here if you decide to commit. Get ready to work hard and play hard in a very inclusive environment. A true meritocracy.

Cons

So far, I have not come across a "con" at this company. Of course, anyone looking hard enough for a negative will find something. You'll just have to look very hard at GEP. Great place to contribute your professional skills and grow in your career.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Maintain the open communication with your employees that you have now. GEP is growing quickly and keeping the employees informed along the way reduces any stress that comes with the unknown.

Jan 6, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad you're enjoying your experience at GEP and we hope you continue to do so for many years to come. Your contributions are a huge part of the success of ... More

2. "The best"

Current Employee - Manager in Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Clark, NJ

I have been working at GEP (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work - nice environment, good food, fun colleagues, many growth opportunities.

Cons

Offbeat office location - commuting makes it difficult at times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - it's working!

Jan 20, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad you're enjoying your GEP experience and we're happy you're part of our great team!

"Mis-guided..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

I have been working at GEP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are good folks on a personal level. Willing to help you in any way possible to be successful.

Cons

Senior Management has no direction on what and how to proceed. Very reactive to clients needs and not willing to push back. Travel requirements of basically 100%... no separation of the work week and weekends... requests for deliverables late Friday to be accomplished by Monday/Tuesday.

Advice to Management

Organization is needed internally. Process should be developed to standardize the deliverables for the company. Stop trying to be a "Big 4" consulting firm... this is evident with your management styles and expectations. Putting the right folks in the right positions is key for success not just throwing bodies into a no-win situation. Lastly, making sure that GEP is aligned with the correct stakeholders... not a group that will try to make nice with the actual stakeholder. Employee retention is needed for SME experience...

Jan 20, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback; we truly appreciate it. As an Open Company, we strive to be transparent. We urge you to share your concerns with us any time – email or ... More

5. "Great company"

Current Employee - Mid Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Mid Management in New York, NY

I have been working at GEP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Care for employees, much more than a 9-6 corporate job

Cons

Some lack of process but those are all signs of a fast growing company

Advice to Management

Stay connected with your best performers and loyal employees

6. "Shared Services"

Current Employee - Associate Shared Services in Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - Associate Shared Services in Clark, NJ

I have been working at GEP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GEP is rapidly growing management consulting firm focused on Procurement services. It's a great organization filled with friendly professionals who are at the top of their game! Everyone is a specialist in their vertical and are always willing and happy to help out their fellow GEP'er! I am proud to work for GEP and the future looks bright because our products and services are getting the recognition it deserves.

Cons

When a company grows as rapidly as GEP has grown over the last 2 years, there's bound to be some gaps. However the gaps get identified quickly and we push forward to better the company.

Advice to Management

GEP is a world class organization that I am proud to work for. I enjoy coming to work everyday! If I had one wish, it would be for GEP leadership to value the great Shared Services team as much as they value the consulting side of the house. While Shared services is not a profit center, we are essential to the continue growth and culture of GEP.

Feb 10, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for your review. We truly appreciate your comments, and please know we are as proud to have you as part of the GEP team as you are to work here. We value all of our team members ... More

"Walk the talk"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

I worked at GEP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good working environment
    Flexible
    Lots of challenging works

Cons

Politics are overwhelming
    Promotions based on personal favoritism rather than true capabilities
    Disorganized job responsibilities, too many "mangers", but few are truly adding values
    Need to have more paid vacation days!

Advice to Management

Truly recognize and differentiate who are adding values and those who just like to talk the talk and exaggerating their own contributions.

Dec 16, 2016 – President

We appreciate you taking some time to write a review, and thank you for recommending the company and our environment! As we move into 2017, we will take your comments into account as we continue to ... More

8. "GEP Culture"

I have been working at GEP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Start up Culture
    Opportunity to work across multiple lines of business like Consulting and technology
    Fast Growth
    Meritocracy
    Very diverse and inclusive environment

Cons

Cultural Fit is very important to be successful at GEP.
    You should be a very motivated person to succeed at GEP

Advice to Management

Maintaining GEP small company culture as we grow at fast pace as a company

9. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I have been working at GEP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. Entrepreneurial mindset within the company
    2. Great opportunity for personal growth
    3. Access to senior leadership

Cons

1. Currently not able to recruit enough people to keep up with the growth of the business

Advice to Management

1. Keep trying to grow and move into different verticals

10. "Growing in the Right Direction"

Current Employee - Director, Business Consulting in Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - Director, Business Consulting in Clark, NJ

I have been working at GEP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A true meritocracy, good work is awarded and there are not a lot of internal politics
    All areas of the business are expanding, growing network of strategic Fortune 500 client relationships
    Management is highly accessible

Cons

Internal infrastructure (IT, Shared Services) struggles to keep pace with the rapid growth trajectory
    Workload can be intense for certain periods of time

Advice to Management

Be mindful of key growth areas in this time of rapid expansion. Focus on building core competencies while also expanding into new service offers.

"Consulting Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Clark, NJ
    Former Employee - Manager in Clark, NJ

I worked at GEP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunities, breadth of experience, access to senior leaders. They gave you as much responsibility you're willing to handle. A family-oriented company with people who care.

Cons

Sometimes you're put in situations you aren't prepared for. Can understaff client teams and set up for underdelivery. Could do a better job in developing talent.

Advice to Management

Invest in more rigorous professional development. Give junior folks opportunities to work under senior leaders to be able to get more of a tangible training experience.