GEP Reviews in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

3.9
GEP CEO Subhash Makhija
Subhash Makhija

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It's a great place to work if you need work-life balance (in 31 reviews)

• Work culture & flexibility is a big positive which makes one a happy & committed employee (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Need to maintain work life balance (in 22 reviews)

• Senior management is in the US so some might find it difficult (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Rewarding Work Environment and Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Clark, NJ

I have been working at GEP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One team approach on projects. Contributions are valued and employees are treated with respect. Executives "roll up their sleeves" and work hard alongside staff. Creativity and hard work are recognized and appreciated. There really are no limits to your professional success here if you decide to commit. Get ready to work hard and play hard in a very inclusive environment. A true meritocracy.

Cons

So far, I have not come across a "con" at this company. Of course, anyone looking hard enough for a negative will find something. You'll just have to look very hard at GEP. Great place to contribute your professional skills and grow in your career.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Maintain the open communication with your employees that you have now. GEP is growing quickly and keeping the employees informed along the way reduces any stress that comes with the unknown.

Jan 6, 2017 – President

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad you're enjoying your experience at GEP and we hope you continue to do so for many years to come. Your contributions are a huge part of the success of... More

"Vice President"

I have been working at GEP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent people! Very smart and capable people, but remain humble and helpful. Truly open and diverse culture. No politics. People that try to play politics and don't succeed are the ones that write lengthy reviews complaining about everything except their performance.

Cons

Can do better at process and communication.

Advice to Management

Great job building the company. Stay focused on growing the firm and creating more opportunities for the team. There is always room for improvement. Retain culture.

3. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Vice President in Clark, NJ

I have been working at GEP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, challenging work, flexibility, strong comp, opportunities to learn and grow, warm, friendly environment

Cons

Managing our rapid growth is a challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster a learning culture

4. "People don't matter"

Former Employee - Vice President Business Development in Clark, NJ
    Former Employee - Vice President Business Development in Clark, NJ

I worked at GEP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are a foreign national, chances are that will improve your chances.

Cons

There is no transparency. Organization is run like a hierarchy/cast system. Not woman-friendly whatsoever. No documented processes for doing just about everything - amazing. Dishonest with clients to win the business. Unethical business practices. There are over 10 executives who have exited in the past 6 months, reach out and speak to one if you are considering this firm.

Advice to Management

Treat people like they matter. People, especially executives, who leave your firm - are important brand ambassadors. Honesty is best policy, the truth eventually comes out.

".Net Developer"

Current Employee - .NET Developer in Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - .NET Developer in Clark, NJ

I have been working at GEP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Colleagues here are very kind. Always willing to help you

Cons

have to work over weekend

6. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in Clark, NJ

I have been working at GEP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work, flat organization, strong growth potential

Cons

Some but nothing too significant

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "Consulting Factory"

Former Employee - Consultant in Clark, NJ
    Former Employee - Consultant in Clark, NJ

I worked at GEP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young, independent, and decent pay

Cons

Zero work life balance
    Limited growth opportunity

Advice to Management

Client is not always right

Aug 16, 2017 – President

Thanks for your review! Even though GEP's been around for a while and is experiencing huge growth, we do feel young and independent because we know it's important to never stop learning. We strive... More

"Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

I worked at GEP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the people who are there

Cons

If you think free coffee and bagels on Fridays can hide the lack of communication from the top down, then you have much to learn. My experience there was difficult from day one and shame on me for not going with my gut that the person I was to report to was a bully, unable to communicate clearly about assignments, rude, unprofessional and really needs ADD medication. I was lied to from HR in the beginning about my compensation package - there was no package. There was no team communication and while the owners would like to believe they are creating an environment where dialog among all levels of employees exist, they are mistaken. Money is spent on all kinds of celebrations but when you want a raise, there is none to be had. This was not an environment fosters growth and loyalty. Beware of what you see and hear.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at everyone on the senior team and think about their teams and how do people really feel about their position. I bet you will find more unhappy people than you think.

"GEP - "A Beautiful Company Already""

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Clark, NJ

I have been working at GEP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel so fortunate to have got this opportunity to work with GEP.
    GEP believes culture drives success. Workplace culture is everything. GEPPers - "works really hard for CLIENT DELIGHT". At GEP (across the globe), I love the adrenaline rush, constant fight for success, target oriented, totally self driven and the fast pace work environment, where your success is measured every hour.

GEP allows to develop meaningful bonds with their fellow GEPpers irrespective of their designation, roles and department. People exchange ideas and personal opinions. Show empathy and concern for their well-being as a friend, as well as co-worker. GEP People even at Global leader’s level take time to learn about your families, educational background and career goals, provide solutions and valuable suggestions. It is the genuine interest in every single employee they show, that fosters a happier and fun filled workplace.

Cons

Absolutely nothing that I came across so far. I really wish this good feel and attitude towards GEP continues for long and I clearly see the management working hard and I promise to contribute to maintain the same.

Advice to Management

At GEP, we get this unique sense of belonging in a complete family like environment that makes us feel (every minute) that we are part of a beautiful company with beautiful people. I request the management to be this consistent and inspiring forever. GEP is growing in a too rapid pace. I wish them the best.

May 10, 2017 – President

Thank you - we also feel that we are well on the road to our vision of a beautiful company! GEP can't be a great place to work without its great people, and that includes people like you and your... More

10. "Senior Purchasing Specialst"

Current Employee - Senior Purchasing Specialist in Clark, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Purchasing Specialist in Clark, NJ

I have been working at GEP (More than a year)

Pros

Good working environment and culture.

Cons

I have not seen any.

Advice to Management

I don't have any.

May 10, 2017 – President

We appreciate you taking some time to write a review and are glad to have you on board!