GF Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Ken Kochenour

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The senior Management in corporate office has really made some positive changes for the organization (in 5 reviews)

• Growth Opportunity, good pay, learn about real business (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Their accounting practices are questionable at best and their lack of leadership and intense turnover percentage places their assets at risk (in 2 reviews)

• Long hours, No room for advancement, Compensation (in 2 reviews)

1. "RVP Sales"

I worked at GF Management full-time

Pros

Outstanding and proactive personnel to work with in developing new revenue solutions in the industry

Cons

No real cons to report.

"Worse than 1 Star"

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager

I worked at GF Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really have no pros to add, taking a job with this company was the worst thing I have ever done in my hospitality management career. I was so lucky to go back to an ethical management company that cares about its employees and guests.

Cons

Shady accounting
    Terrible HR practices
    Ethical all around basically
    Put 0 dollars into making their buildings associate and guest friendly
    Out of date Policies and SOPS
    Total Neglect of Brand Standards
    Worst 401k I have seen in the industry
    Such high turnover in Executive Committee, especially general managers
    They will terminate tenured employees... to save a buck or to continue with unethical practices

"Great Company !!!"

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Itasca, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Itasca, IL

I worked at GF Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company really cares about the associates and development of all managers. They provide us with all the tools and advise we need. Ownership is heavily involved with all aspects of the hotel which is great since it shows they care. The Senior Vice President is a fantastic person, great leader and always available if you need him!! Their benefits package are the best around Chicago land area and wages are superb. I definitely recommend working with/for this company!!

Cons

All is positive!!. Do not need to change anything

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!! You are doing a excellent!!

"Run! Don't Walk Away from this Company"

Former Employee - Sales in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Sales in Detroit, MI

I worked at GF Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly cannot think of any pros to working with this company

Cons

Where do I begin?
    First offering an embarrassing amount of pay but also backed it up with "you will have tons of room to grow and move up the ladder." This doesnt happen unless you are a female with specific body parts. The "Leaders" they put in charge of our hotel were some of the most arrogant, self centered, unprofessional people I have ever met. Leading a team by intimidation, threats and passive aggressive insults seems to be the standard. They talk a big game about promoting from within but that only goes to those who are "yes men" and "yes women". Instead of offering help and direction to a struggling team member (and I use the term "team member loosely" they put out a search for a new candidate and blind side the person who is struggling. Even after the individual asked for help and guidance, which never came. Another interesting way they handle their properties is by coming in and saying everyones job here is secure and no one is getting fired. Until they find one of their uneducated buddies who needs a job and they "let some one o due to budget cuts" just to make room.
    I work at a Hospitality Management Company right now who the CEO and COO KNOW MY NAME AND CALL ME BY NAME! Take note, GF. This is called leadership. They know everyone and they really care about their team members and their families.

Advice to Management

If you treat your team members with respect and dignity it is amazing what they will do for you! If you make them feel as if they are part of a team and what they are doing to help the goal of the team they will break their back to make you look good. Leading by intimidation, scare tactics, passive aggression and general lack of care and respect is a perfect recipe for disaster. Take a good hard look at your upper management members, look at how many good people have come and gone within their "leadership" and do some house cleaning. I have specific names for a couple of them but I feel as it will be a waste of time.

"Lying face liar gentlemans club"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at GF Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Getting fired for no reason to collect unemployment :)

Cons

They state they are an equal opportunity employer but they still favor men and woman are secondary, unless you're sleeping with someone high up.

Pay is not what it seems to be during the offer process. Benefits are useless and there is no 401k program which shows they don't care about their people long term.

Maybe if I was a man, the culture would've been better. Who wants women in the workplace anyway.

Advice to Management

There's so much advice to give. Below are the top 3.
    1. Stop lying about "the reinvented image" that hasn't happened.
    2. Realize it's not the 1950s and women and minorities actually benefit the workplace, unlike your benefits.
    3. Maybe if you focused on your financials and Revenue, your reputation wouldn't be known as a turn and burn company that sacrafices people's careers and wellbeing and mental stability.

6. "Decent company"

I worked at GF Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good opportunities. They've promoted a few clients to customer which was a long time coming. Hopefully they'll keep that up.

Cons

It's not a "training company". Quick to pigeon-hole skill sets.

"Don't Be Fooled - A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing"

I have been working at GF Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only positive is that through challenges comes growth and with the challenges I faced with this company I anticipate a lot of growth.

Cons

If you are like me, you are visiting this site to get feedback on this company and I, like you, took it all with a grain of salt as you do with most review sites. I addressed my concerns on some of these reviews during the interview process but allowed myself to be fooled by the "under new management" pitch. Do not be fooled, the idea of new leadership is just the sheep's clothing - the wolf still exists and group around him are spineless "executives" trying to just hold onto their jobs. The company culture is hands down the worst I have experienced. Expect the executive leadership to be a group misogynist men, and those that may not be are not willing to say anything when they know the behavior is inappropriate. Imagine participating in a business dinner, and the owner and principal trading stories about the best thing about taking home a homeless woman is you can drop her off anywhere when you are "done" with her. It is sad that in 2017 these environments still exist. In terms of their skill set to manage hotels it is lacking in may ways - one of which is technology. If you enjoy printing numerous budget binders circa early 2000's, this is the job for you. Their accounting practices are questionable at best and their lack of leadership and intense turnover percentage places their assets at risk. When the risk heightens expect the finger pointing to begin. They are void of personal responsibility. They do not respect their property, their people or their vendors. If your core values include integrity, authenticity and transparency avoid this company at all costs as they will be tested regularly. Do yourself a favor and tell them no thanks (regardless of the money they try to throw at you - it becomes the price you pay to work with the devil).

Advice to Management

This section is unnecessary for GF as they are void of personal responsibility. The "leadership" of this management company do not have the tools to make the impact necessary to build a successful business.

"GF Management"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at GF Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New company president and some new VPs are truly striving to change company culture for the better. Very good salary for the market. CEO and CFO are very personable people and actually appreciate the work done at property level. Continue the push in the right direction!

Cons

Unfortunately some of the old "GF culture" folks are still around and hurting a lot of the momentum that The new president is trying to drive.

Advice to Management

Joe Del Guidace and Ryan Sistare are two great additions to the GF team, guys like this are truly what GF needed to get moving in the right direction.

"GF Management - a company that has abandoned its dignity."

I have been working at GF Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ownership in bed with the sales staff, and encourages that kind of behavior with their most tenured executives.

Cons

GF Management has millions of dollars tied up in labor law suites. Currently, the bank is in the process of foreclosing three of GF's properties. That number, with certainty, will increase their mismanagement of money, properties, and employment. Job seekers, or potential new hires, read the other reviews about GF Management. Research their Radisson property in Rochester, NY. Research info on the Lake View West Virginia resort. GF Management is clueless when it comes to managing hotels, and are even worse at managing people. They buy hotels, or hotel contracts and they run the respective properties into the ground. This goes on until they accumulate over two million dollars in debt to accounts payable to vendors who will no longer do business with them. If hired by GF Management, plan to be unemployed within six months. GF Management will either fire you, make you quit, or lose the property to the bank.

Advice to Management

If you work for GF, or if you're planning to work for GF, please help yourself and find a company with a history of impressive rapport with employment; find a company that cares about the people their employees, as well as the people they are in business with, and the guests they serve.

"Great company hard work does pay off"

Current Employee - Manager in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at GF Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Money is good, great work enviroment, corporate managers are knowledgable and eager to help, wonderful co workers , CEO

Cons

Great job getting rid of some of the reporting

Advice to Management

Very long term employee, and its pretty simple advice to job seekers. Work hard, work smart, ask for help when needed and you will be rewarded. Plenty of room for advancement, can have a successful career here