GF Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 5, 2019

2.4
Ken Kochenour

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The corporate office is the most supportive group I have ever been around" (in 5 reviews)

• "Growth Opportunity, good pay, learn about real business" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company offers little in the way of benefits and could offer a better approach to human resources and work life balance" (in 3 reviews)

• "Need a consolidated HR/Employee benefit stream stemming from the corporate office" (in 4 reviews)

"Great Company !!!"

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Itasca, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Itasca, IL

I worked at GF Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company really cares about the associates and development of all managers. They provide us with all the tools and advise we need. Ownership is heavily involved with all aspects of the hotel which is great since it shows they care. The Senior Vice President is a fantastic person, great leader and always available if you need him!! Their benefits package are the best around Chicago land area and wages are superb. I definitely recommend working with/for this company!!

Cons

All is positive!!. Do not need to change anything

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!! You are doing a excellent!!

2. "Evaluate Your Options Carefully"

Former Employee - Former Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Former Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at GF Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay their managers well.

Cons

There must be reasons why. See “Cons” under all previous reviews and decide for yourself.

3. "Good company"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager

I worked at GF Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, wonderful coworkers

Cons

Benefits are not good, paid time off fair

"Very poor senior management that can care less about employees"

Pros

The average employee and workforce are generally good to work with

Cons

Very poor senior management, very poor decision making from the “decision makers”, unethical business practices, hostile work environment...need I say more if you’re considering working here?

Advice to Management

Consider how your bad decisions affect employees

"#Times up , except at GF"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at GF Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The checks did not bounce.

Cons

Where to begin? If you are female, this is not the place to be. Senior Management (All Men) had girlfriends that they cut from the herds at the property level. Success had more to do with which height challenged ego-maniacal volcano of a SVP you were sleeping with than talent. Affairs with female GMs and DOS were standard operating procedures. I would not be surprised if there was an SOP and a tracking spreadsheet to facilitate sorting out who was sleeping with whom...

Because Senior Leadership was amoral and without scruples, you were expect to be equally vile in your dealings with Clients and Co-workers. At the end of every day, you wanted to take a four hour shower just to wash the scum off. Just as icky as you can imagine it to be...

Advice to Management

Telling them to get out of the Hospitality Industry before you completely destroy it is certainly not practical, but it is heartfelt.

"THE WORST hotel ownership company"

I worked at GF Management full-time

Pros

a check and somewhere to to go every day

Cons

take the time to read all reviews of any hotel ownership before taking a job in any hotel . Owners is what is important and GF MANAGEMENT is the worst iv'e experienced in 35 + years working for 4 different properties and 3 different brands. Marriott. Westin, Hilton

Advice to Management

sell your hotels Your guests will be taken care better by employees and managers that are treated fairly

"Keep looking for other opportunities"

Former Employee - Executive Chef in Itasca, IL
    Former Employee - Executive Chef in Itasca, IL

I worked at GF Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck every two weeks .

Cons

GF Management is not about values morals or honesty. This should me enough info to stay away. Don’t even consider being a Seasoned manager or experienced employee. You will look back at your worst job and say I have seen how bad it can get working for a selfish company with no clue how to run Hotels . Only into the ground. Sexual harassment is very common. Labor laws is a joke they don’t let you take a 30 minute break. But you must punch out and continue to work. They also are corrupt with the review system by posting false 5 star reviews to balance the average rating. Hope this helps you look for a better opportunity I wish I read these reviews before I took the job at the Westin Northwest Chicago.

Advice to Management

Sell your properties please.

"A spreadsheet for every thought you have."

Current Employee - Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Management in New York, NY

I have been working at GF Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When they take over they don't fire everyone. The new leadership at the property is very open about why they are there. Our interim GM is pleasant and knowledgeable.

Cons

Expect 60+ hours a week as a manager. No work-life balance. Every decision that a manager makes has to be approved by the corporate office first. You have to make a decision right away, then wait weeks for approval. The health insurance is the worst I have ever seen. You will be pushed to make the property profitable, which on it's own is great but realize the property will be sold/closed or auctioned in a year and it's all meant to make it look good on paper. You will be going through a major transition again.

Advice to Management

Let your managers manage, not fill out spreadsheets all day.

"Never again"

Former Employee - Conference Services Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Conference Services Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at GF Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nothing positive about this company

Cons

Did not keep the employees aware of what was going on during the switchover. Poor management. Most are just lawyers. No benefits package.

"do not care about employees"

I worked at GF Management full-time

Pros

some hotels offer good employee dining options

Cons

Most of GF Managements hotel's are in receivership from the bank, meaning their only job is to make the bank money so that they can sell it. If they come in to your hotel LOOK OUT. They offer the worst employment benefits I have ever seen. NO Vacation/PTO/Holiday's off for 1 YEAR! They will provide you the cheapest insurance to them after 90 days of employment... I ended up with a $4,000 deductible plan ($6,000 for family); it was a joke and still cost over $100 a paycheck for a single person. You receive no life insurance, flexible health saving plan, 401k, etc. GF Management can care less about how your hotel runs and will offer no help to employees. They only care to see bottom line revenue growth which they do by instructing the general manager to stop paying bills other than utilities and payroll. If you are an employee who needs work expenses paid, good luck getting it back in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

You are making a bad reputation for your company by treating employees like disposable objects and offering no incentive for them to want to keep working for you.