GF Sprague Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
GF Sprague President and CEO Jerry Sprague
Jerry Sprague

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great people to work with - excellent company."

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Long Beach, CA

I worked at GF Sprague full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in sales for a just a little under 2 years and I definitely learned a lot while I was there. Lots of opportunities to be had if you're willing to work hard and pay attention and listen to the folks that have been with the company for a while. I feel my time there was very well spent and I couldn't have asked for a better crew to a part of.

Cons

I had to leave for California and there just wasn't any way to do the work remotely. I wish they had an office in the So Cal region - if they did I'd surely still be working for them today.

Advice to Management

Your workplace culture is good - when I was there I remember the team being patient, flexible, and willing to teach a relative newbie like I was "the ropes". If that is still the same then there's no reason to change anything.

2. "Sales support"

Pros

GF Sprague offers a supportive and encouraging environment to work in. Being in sales I was used to jobs that just push you to make your numbers and feeling like no one cares about you as a person and that was never the case here. The integrity of management and coworkers is unmatched.

Cons

There were never any cons, but I wish I didn't move and I could still be working there. I haven't been able to find another job with the same great atmosphere since.

Advice to Management

You have created a great place to work. Don't change.

3. "Manipulative owner."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Needham, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Needham, MA

I worked at GF Sprague full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Avoid at all costs.

Cons

Compelling your employees to leave positive reviews isn’t a replacement for a positive workplace environment. Convenient how you don’t address your turnover rate and failure to accurractely pay employees in a timely manner. The owner will completely disrespect your appointment calendar, making you relisten to his 3 stories for the 50th time, while you have to go to his house to do so, then has the umbridge to discuss punctuality! The staff schedules hours around any planned interaction with him to account for this. So anytime he’s involved you’ll not only get less appointments you’ll also be late for the few you get. This job is a trap.

Advice to Management

Time for someone to retire.

4. "Learn, Grow and Prosper"

Current Employee - Manager in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Needham, MA

I have been working at GF Sprague full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Where to start. I have been happily working for GF Sprague for over 10 years and what a ride it has been. The company has a great culture, strong team atmosphere, ample opportunity, and puts their employees first. I have continued to grow both personally and professionally thanks to the leadership team, collegiality, continued training opportunities and ultimately an owner that truly cares about his people. I come to work every day knowing that we provide our customers with an exceptional experience, I earn a good living and something most people can't say, have fun doing it!

Cons

Like any great career, if you want to succeed, you must truly apply yourself but are well compensated for it.

Advice to Management

Keep leading from the front!

"10 Years of the Best Sales Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Needham, MA

I have been working at GF Sprague full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The working environment and schedule are great and they have been for the last 10 years. I always have plenty of leads to keep me going, Commission is always paid on time, and being able to work outside is just an added bonus.

Cons

It can be cold working outside during the winter, and you do have to work late but that's the best time to meet with people.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great training to empower sales representatives to succeed in the home.

"Awesome company to be employed."

Current Employee - Roofer in Needham, MA

I have been working at GF Sprague full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at G.F.Sprague for around four years now. I have always been treated with respect. They make sure i get enough hours during the week and plenty of overtime when available. There is always someone around to listen if you have any issues and more than enough room to grow. Working for this company is an amazing way to enjoy a career in construction. I also just recently enjoyed the birth of my first child. G.F.Sprague was more than happy to give me a paid paternity leave so i could be with my wife and newborn child. Everyone has also been helpful through some hard times in getting used to being a father and working full time. Can not say enough good things about this place.

Cons

Other than working out in the field and getting dirty and some bruises here and there, I cant think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Management here has always been understanding and fair. I can not say that they are ever doing the wrong thing.

"Skies the Limit"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Needham, MA

I have been working at GF Sprague full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You're trained ,mentored and compensated for long term successful career.The culture and teamwork makes you want to do your best everyday

Cons

You've got to be willing to let got of your old ways and be able to learn then use a customer focused disciplined system

Advice to Management

Don't ever lower our standards of excellence

"Production Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at GF Sprague full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is dynamic. There is a different challenge everyday, All of the employees work together to get the job done. I have done 3 different jobs over 18 years.

Cons

We do work outside and the weather can be a challenge.

"A Fast Paced & Exciting Place to Work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Needham, MA

I have been working at GF Sprague full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're able to have independence and to make your own decisions, and it really makes you feel like you're having an impact. The staff is great to be around, and the benefits are fantastic with a 401k match among other things.

Cons

You can get involved into many things at once, but when you get used to it work is more exciting because there's always something new.

Advice to Management

Keep empowering your employees and putting them in a position to succeed.

"A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Roofer in Needham, MA

I have been working at GF Sprague full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The wages are excellent and the benefits provided are great as well. The crew is fantastic to work with, and it's a good feeling to be surrounded by such great coworkers.

Cons

The only con is the weather! Although you get used to it pretty quick.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The support from management is great and it allows me to excel in my position.