GF Sprague Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
GF Sprague President and CEO Jerry Sprague
Jerry Sprague

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company & People"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Needham, MA

I have been working at GF Sprague full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic company with an excellent and inviting work environment. The people here work very well together and help each other out without hesitation. The opportunity to make extra money through my commissions has been a great incentive as well. The company also upgraded the office and my workstation which has really helped me be even more productive!

Cons

You do have to learn to handle a few tough people on the phone, but each call helps you master your craft and be ready for the next one.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote a healthy work environment.

2. "Learn, Grow and Prosper"

Current Employee - Manager in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Needham, MA

I have been working at GF Sprague full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Where to start. I have been happily working for GF Sprague for over 10 years and what a ride it has been. The company has a great culture, strong team atmosphere, ample opportunity, and puts their employees first. I have continued to grow both personally and professionally thanks to the leadership team, collegiality, continued training opportunities and ultimately an owner that truly cares about his people. I come to work every day knowing that we provide our customers with an exceptional experience, I earn a good living and something most people can't say, have fun doing it!

Cons

Like any great career, if you want to succeed, you must truly apply yourself but are well compensated for it.

Advice to Management

Keep leading from the front!

3. "Fantastic Sales Training"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Needham, MA

I have been working at GF Sprague full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training process is great, with a systematic approach, logic behind it, and fun implementation. You get to learn a lot about the psychology of building trust. Bob is professional enough to be formal, but relates to you to keep you comfortable and engaged. Jerry is a wizard, he holds you to a high standard so you deliver on that high standard.

Cons

More role play from the start to shake off early jitters would be nice, but it does make sense to learn more so you can role play more effectively.

Advice to Management

Keep holding people to the high standard that you do, and stick to the process because it's working! Everything here has been exceptional and inspirational!

4. "10 Years of the Best Sales Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Needham, MA

I have been working at GF Sprague full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The working environment and schedule are great and they have been for the last 10 years. I always have plenty of leads to keep me going, Commission is always paid on time, and being able to work outside is just an added bonus.

Cons

It can be cold working outside during the winter, and you do have to work late but that's the best time to meet with people.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great training to empower sales representatives to succeed in the home.

5. "Awesome company to be employed."

Current Employee - Roofer in Needham, MA

I have been working at GF Sprague full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at G.F.Sprague for around four years now. I have always been treated with respect. They make sure i get enough hours during the week and plenty of overtime when available. There is always someone around to listen if you have any issues and more than enough room to grow. Working for this company is an amazing way to enjoy a career in construction. I also just recently enjoyed the birth of my first child. G.F.Sprague was more than happy to give me a paid paternity leave so i could be with my wife and newborn child. Everyone has also been helpful through some hard times in getting used to being a father and working full time. Can not say enough good things about this place.

Cons

Other than working out in the field and getting dirty and some bruises here and there, I cant think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Management here has always been understanding and fair. I can not say that they are ever doing the wrong thing.

6. "Skies the Limit"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Needham, MA

I have been working at GF Sprague full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You're trained ,mentored and compensated for long term successful career.The culture and teamwork makes you want to do your best everyday

Cons

You've got to be willing to let got of your old ways and be able to learn then use a customer focused disciplined system

Advice to Management

Don't ever lower our standards of excellence

"Production Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at GF Sprague full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is dynamic. There is a different challenge everyday, All of the employees work together to get the job done. I have done 3 different jobs over 18 years.

Cons

We do work outside and the weather can be a challenge.

"A Great Experience"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Needham, MA

I have been working at GF Sprague full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment is great and the people are helpful, and the leadership is highly experienced and a great resource. It's also a very goal oriented position which is perfect for me.

Cons

None come to mind, it's been a great experience for me so far.

Advice to Management

Giving people independence to meet their goals works out great, keep training people to let them succeed that way.

"A Fast Paced & Exciting Place to Work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Needham, MA

I have been working at GF Sprague full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're able to have independence and to make your own decisions, and it really makes you feel like you're having an impact. The staff is great to be around, and the benefits are fantastic with a 401k match among other things.

Cons

You can get involved into many things at once, but when you get used to it work is more exciting because there's always something new.

Advice to Management

Keep empowering your employees and putting them in a position to succeed.

"A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Roofer in Needham, MA

I have been working at GF Sprague full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The wages are excellent and the benefits provided are great as well. The crew is fantastic to work with, and it's a good feeling to be surrounded by such great coworkers.

Cons

The only con is the weather! Although you get used to it pretty quick.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The support from management is great and it allows me to excel in my position.