GFX International Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 6, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Charles Huttinger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Opportunities for great workers!"

Current Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Grayslake, IL
    Current Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Grayslake, IL

I have been working at GFX International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Awesome company to work for. I think the people complaining on this website are the ones who do a lousy job and get fired - take responsibility for your own performance! I have always been treated fairly and I love what we do for our customers. Fun place to work. Our CEO is an awesome guy who has lead us in an upward direction for over 25 years.

Cons

Every place you work has some bad eggs. Also, they just went to a non-smoking campus. Bad for smokers! ;)

Advice to Management

Keep weeding out the bad eggs and keep us moving forward!

2. "Unpleasent -Client Communications Department is unorganized. I dont understand how that department is still “running”"

Current Employee - Client Communication Specialist in Grayslake, IL
    Current Employee - Client Communication Specialist in Grayslake, IL

I have been working at GFX International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I dont remeber any pros other than the CEO being a nice guy.

Cons

This place has absolutely no training program in place. They give you unrealistic work loads and expect you to finish everything they throw at you by the end of the working day. They throw new clients your way without any minimal information or training. Favoritism is so clear certain rules apply to certain people only. Male employees seem to be able to call off as many times as they please without any consequences. Male employees can be off the phone and on their personal cell phone all day without anything being said to them. Male employees can be away from their desks for several minutes at a time without anything being said to them. They give the workload that requires at least 3 people to a single person. It is physically impossible to complete all the tasks given. You can reach out via email and at meetings and also set up one on one convos with your supervisor about the heavy workloads and all you will get is a kick out the door. They encourage you to speak up and ask for help but They retalite against you and fire you if you do. The department manager is a complete joke hat is incapable of being a good leader.

Advice to Management

Find appropriate management and set a training program.

GFX International Response

Jul 10, 2018

Thank you for providing us with feedback about your work experience at GFX. GFX is committed to a collaborative and supportive workplace that recognizes, appreciates and values all of our... More

"Okay company."

Former Employee - Machine Operator
    Former Employee - Machine Operator

I worked at GFX International full-time

Pros

There is always work to be done. There are exceptional employees to work with and gain experience.

Cons

Any shift after 1st has employees that are unprofessional and immature. Lead by someone who is not very good at leading creating volatile work condition where you get yelled at. If your not favored work gets Very stressful and easily identify favoritism. If you very good at what you do seems to pose a threat.

4. "GFX has a great culture"

I have been working at GFX International full-time

Pros

great culture
    fun office activities
    can make life long friends
    works with big companies
    great CEO
    learn a lot about the industry
    starting to have a better training program

Cons

upper management does not listen to employees
    no room for growth
    plays favorites

Advice to Management

trust the people that you hire on and give them flexibility to think outside the box, remember all roads lead to rome, there are different ways of getting to the same goal.

"Culture?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Antioch, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Antioch, IL

I have been working at GFX International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The executives are trying to produce a great culture within the company to work in.

Cons

The culture is falling short on some individuals and they end up using it as a way of doing less then they should.

Advice to Management

Get rid of those that always make excuses and often fall short. And build a better team work attitude so that people start working for the group and not themselves.

"HORRIBLE place to work! 👎👎👎👎👎"

Pros

If your lazy and immature great place for you.. There's really no pros to working here this company cares nothing about there workers..

Cons

It's full of illegals Mexicans tells you all you need to know about this company.. If your African American I strongly agree not to work here don't waste your time.. Management just wants to smoke ciggs all day while you work hard for it to go unnoticed..

Advice to Management

management in wearhouse needs to be fired.. They have no interaction with employed until you mess up but never acknowledged when you do great!! Really bad culture and structure

GFX International Response

Aug 16, 2016 – Director - Talent

Thank you for providing us feedback about your work experience at GFX. We pride ourselves on having a professional work environment free of discrimination and promote a culture that gives praise and... More

"Innovators"

I have been working at GFX International full-time

Pros

GFX has expertise in a wide range of disciplines and leans heavily on its associates to solve problems for its clients. Regardless of role, excellence is expected, and team members are encouraged to grow their skills.
    Collaboration between departments is at an all time high, and continues to improve. This is more necessary than ever; GFX works with a roster of blue chip clients and has thrived during a time of industry consolidation. We get to solve ever more complex problems, and there seems to be no shortage of them these days.
    If you're good at what you do, you can make a significant impact here and experience career growth. This is a fun and rewarding environment.

Cons

Training is an opportunity for improvement at GFX, as it is at many small and midsize companies. If you're researching GFX and considering a career change, here is my advice: do not be intimidated by what you've read on Glassdoor and elsewhere. Be clever, be assertive, and be nice; and you can go far.

"Primed for Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grayslake, IL

I have been working at GFX International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

GFX has instituted on-going Leadership training for both current and future leaders via our own internal training team and with outside assistance of a fantastic Corporate Training Company.
    Through this effort we are aligned and ready for the continual and scalable growth as an Industry Leader through the Talent of our team and new talent that we are continually recruiting for!

Cons

need to expand (size) our manufacturing plant

Advice to Management

Thanks for your investment in us... keep on communicating our mission to TEAM GFX

"Unprofessional company with a horrible culture"

I worked at GFX International full-time

Pros

I honestly have no good things to say about this company.

Cons

The work environment is unprofessional, at best. Management doesn't care at all about developing good talent, especially if you don't play by their "rules" - which involves heavy drinking and participating in completely red light conversations. Since leaving GFX I have joined another company where I have been recognized for my hard work, and have been promoted countless times. This company surely does NOT deserve good people, and I am thankful every day that I will never have to work with some of these people ever again.

Advice to Management

Offer training to new employees. Pay attention to inappropriate situations and don't let certain people get away with things that would be unacceptable in any other company.

"Unorganized"

Former Employee - Client Communications Specialist in Grayslake, IL
    Former Employee - Client Communications Specialist in Grayslake, IL

I worked at GFX International (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent location, decent coworkers- that's about it.

Cons

This place is so unorganized I'm not sure how they're still in business. The building itself is grimey and dirty feeling, the managers are some of the lease professional people I've ever met, and they essentially lie about what the job is like during the interview. If you feel like going back to high school, work here.

Advice to Management

Try developing an actual training program.