GFX International Reviews | Glassdoor

GFX International Reviews

Updated Sep 11, 2019

Found 22 reviews

2.9
GFX International CEO Charles Huttinger (no image)
Charles Huttinger

"Opportunities for great workers!"

Current Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Grayslake, IL

I have been working at GFX International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Awesome company to work for. I think the people complaining on this website are the ones who do a lousy job and get fired - take responsibility for your own performance! I have always been treated fairly and I love what we do for our customers. Fun place to work. Our CEO is an awesome guy who has lead us in an upward direction for over 25 years.

Cons

Every place you work has some bad eggs. Also, they just went to a non-smoking campus. Bad for smokers! ;)

Advice to Management

Keep weeding out the bad eggs and keep us moving forward!

GFX International2017-02-09
  2. "Worst training ever"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at GFX International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee picnics and parties

Cons

No training, over worked, high turnover rates, yelled at if you ask someone how their weekend was because you are talking to much.

GFX International2019-09-11

"Maybe they've made improvments"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Grayslake, IL

I worked at GFX International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great HR work to try to make it better

Cons

Little to no effort to better environment. They just don't see the toxic ones that run the show.

Advice to Management

Please pay attention to the small complaints about bullies. It is happening and you are loosing great talent because of it.

GFX International2019-04-12

"Client Communications Specialist"

I worked at GFX International full-time

Pros

Occasional lunches. Fun company culture when everyone isn’t overwhelmed.

Cons

There is minimal training before throwing you to the wolves. Unrealistic workloads. More knowledgeable senior team members cannot offer much help as they are swamped and overworked themselves. If you work hard, you’ll wind up doing someone else’s work as well. Severely understaffed due to high turnover rates. Financial compensation is not worth the amount of stress this position will put on you.

Advice to Management

Re-organize this department in a way that will retain an adequate amount of employees for the workload coming in.

GFX International2018-10-04

"Unpleasent -Client Communications Department is unorganized. I dont understand how that department is still “running”"

Current Employee - Client Communication Specialist in Grayslake, IL

I have been working at GFX International full-time for more than a year

Pros

I dont remeber any pros other than the CEO being a nice guy.

Cons

This place has absolutely no training program in place. They give you unrealistic work loads and expect you to finish everything they throw at you by the end of the working day. They throw new clients your way without any minimal information or training. Favoritism is so clear certain rules apply to certain people only. Male employees seem to be able to call off as many times as they please without any consequences.... Male employees can be off the phone and on their personal cell phone all day without anything being said to them. Male employees can be away from their desks for several minutes at a time without anything being said to them. They give the workload that requires at least 3 people to a single person. It is physically impossible to complete all the tasks given. You can reach out via email and at meetings and also set up one on one convos with your supervisor about the heavy workloads and all you will get is a kick out the door. They encourage you to speak up and ask for help but They retalite against you and fire you if you do. The department manager is a complete joke hat is incapable of being a good leader.

Advice to Management

Find appropriate management and set a training program.

GFX International2018-07-07

GFX International Response

July 10, 2018

Thank you for providing us with feedback about your work experience at GFX. GFX is committed to a collaborative and supportive workplace that recognizes, appreciates and values all of our differences. This includes race, gender, age, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientation, ...

"Okay company."

Former Employee - Machine Operator

I worked at GFX International full-time

Pros

There is always work to be done. There are exceptional employees to work with and gain experience.

Cons

Any shift after 1st has employees that are unprofessional and immature. Lead by someone who is not very good at leading creating volatile work condition where you get yelled at. If your not favored work gets Very stressful and easily identify favoritism. If you very good at what you do seems to pose a threat.

GFX International2018-02-07

"GFX has a great culture"

I have been working at GFX International full-time

Pros

great culture fun office activities can make life long friends works with big companies great CEO learn a lot about the industry starting to have a better training program

Cons

upper management does not listen to employees no room for growth plays favorites

Advice to Management

trust the people that you hire on and give them flexibility to think outside the box, remember all roads lead to rome, there are different ways of getting to the same goal.

GFX International2017-10-26

"Culture?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Antioch, IL

I have been working at GFX International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The executives are trying to produce a great culture within the company to work in.

Cons

The culture is falling short on some individuals and they end up using it as a way of doing less then they should.

Advice to Management

Get rid of those that always make excuses and often fall short. And build a better team work attitude so that people start working for the group and not themselves.

GFX International2016-07-19

"HORRIBLE place to work! 👎👎👎👎👎"

I worked at GFX International

Pros

If your lazy and immature great place for you.. There's really no pros to working here this company cares nothing about there workers..

Cons

It's full of illegals Mexicans tells you all you need to know about this company.. If your African American I strongly agree not to work here don't waste your time.. Management just wants to smoke ciggs all day while you work hard for it to go unnoticed..

Advice to Management

management in wearhouse needs to be fired.. They have no interaction with employed until you mess up but never acknowledged when you do great!! Really bad culture and structure

GFX International2016-08-10

GFX International Response

August 16, 2016Director - Talent

Thank you for providing us feedback about your work experience at GFX. We pride ourselves on having a professional work environment free of discrimination and promote a culture that gives praise and recognition to our employees for a job well done, so it is disappointing to hear ...

"Innovators"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grayslake, IL

I have been working at GFX International full-time

Pros

GFX has expertise in a wide range of disciplines and leans heavily on its associates to solve problems for its clients. Regardless of role, excellence is expected, and team members are encouraged to grow their skills. Collaboration between departments is at an all time high, and continues to improve. This is more necessary than ever; GFX works with a roster of blue chip clients and has thrived during a time of... industry consolidation. We get to solve ever more complex problems, and there seems to be no shortage of them these days. If you're good at what you do, you can make a significant impact here and experience career growth. This is a fun and rewarding environment.

Cons

Training is an opportunity for improvement at GFX, as it is at many small and midsize companies. If you're researching GFX and considering a career change, here is my advice: do not be intimidated by what you've read on Glassdoor and elsewhere. Be clever, be assertive, and be nice; and you can go far.

GFX International2016-03-14