GGP Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
GGP CEO Sandeep Mathrani
Sandeep Mathrani

Pros
Cons
  • Small scale layoffs are the norm as upper management continues to over and over restructure teams (in 14 reviews)

• Executive team is arrogant and elitist (in 9 reviews)

1. "Accountant"

Current Employee - Accountant in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Accountant in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at GGP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Public, big, busy, good vacation time, excellent 401K

Cons

None, at least five cons is ridiculous

Advice to Management

Listen to your own advice

2. "Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GGP (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smaller field teams allow for a more personal and productive work environment, great benefits, lots of company perks, pays seems high for this market; very accommodating for children/family/personal scheduling needs.

Cons

Too many different software programs to work within, as well as changes to new software programs; Distribution of procedures could definitely be better on the corporate end.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

3. "Executive Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wallace, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wallace, NC

I have been working at GGP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

High energy and progressive management. Employees feel respected with an open-door policy to management. Employee feedback is encouraged. Fair compensation and benefits are good. Subsidized lunch program is an amazing perk.

Cons

Honestly, I can think of no cons.

5. "Marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at GGP full-time

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

I can not think of any cons. Stayed very busy but came with the territory.

Advice to Management

Can not think of any advice to management. They did a great job

6. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GGP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A high-performance company with a very collaborative environment, a management team that is very attuned to changes in the industry

Cons

I don't have any cons to list

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on

7. "Great place"

Former Employee - Vice President of Construction in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Vice President of Construction in Louisville, KY

I worked at GGP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

GGP has, without doubt, the best employees. They are great to work with. There was no one that wasn't willing to stop what they were working on to help you. Everyone was quite professional. Good pay and benefits

Cons

It only takes one person to goof it all up

Advice to Management

Take a good look past at who drives the bus in the various departments and see who really is doing the great jobs.

8. "Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GGP (More than 3 years)

Pros

Location, progressive, family friendly, forward thinking, successful, lunch subsidy, casual dress code.

Cons

Pace can be fast, not for the faint of heart. Get it done is the goal. Hard work is rewarded.

Advice to Management

None

9. "Friendly, supportive and caring company"

Current Employee - Corporate Office Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Corporate Office Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GGP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Having been employed by GGP for the past 3 years I have really enjoyed the company culture and their strong passion to give back. The company provides in-house volunteer opportunities (during the work day) and paid time off for the employee’s to participate. It also recognizes work/life balance by offering summer hours, everyday jeans and our ability to leave early the day before the holidays. On top of that, the company cares about your opinion and you are strongly encouraged to share your ideas. The CEO makes himself available by hosting employee calls and gives us an opportunity to ask him questions and they are constantly rolling our different ways to engage employees through employee engagement survey’s, culture sessions, our values, marketing games and opportunities to meet other employee’s.

Cons

If you didn’t’ know, GGP did file bankruptcy a few years ago and has since recovered. Early on during my tenure you could feel the silo’s old v/s new GGP considering a brand new leadership was brought in; since then the silos have been breaking down and I do feel the company’s HADTO values and culture sessions have helped. I would encourage making the Culture Leadership Team more visible to employees. We hear about the things they do but would be great if we they could host roundtables with the employees to help promote idea sharing. As for IT, I think it’s great this company invests so much into technology and constantly hear new apps are being rolled out to help us make better decisions. Rather than only e-mailing the updates it would be great for IT to host a session to talk about the recent updates and how to use them.

Advice to Management

For Leadership – continue doing what you do and making yourselves available to us, the more this continues I think the rest will follow.

10. "GGP offers a lot of opportunity for experience enhancement and growth."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at GGP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the Real Estate environment and the people that I worked for. The ability to work independently and be creative in addition to working with a team and in a structured environment was like having the best of both worlds at work.

Cons

After GGP filed for bankruptcy protection the company started a process of downsizing and consolidating corporate and regional offices, divisions, departments and specific job functions. Understanding the necessity of the process, there was still a degrading moral from departing co-workers. It was sad to know that the Salt Lake office was slated to close.

Advice to Management

Keep General Growth Properties a strong and successful company. The properties are great assets to their communities. The company offers stable and secure careers and lifestyles for so many individuals and families.

11. "GGP is a wonderful company that understands how to position itself for future growth while investing in their employees."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GGP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong C-level leadership that makes an effort to communicate with the employees.
    Work volume is high but expectations are realistic
    Work/life balance exists
    Management is respectful and cares about employees
    Ideas are welcomed and evaluated
    Open, friendly atmosphere
    Smart leadership with opportunities to learn and grow
    There is a sense of trust and care about employees and their families
    Strong sense of community with opportunities to give back and company volunteer days provided
    Strong internal communication from C-levels which cascades down to Management and staff
    Proud to have this opportunity and serve GGP for many years to come

Cons

Company functions similar to start-up things can change constantly so the culture is not for everyone.
    New leadership brings new implementation and change at times not well received by staff

Advice to Management

Find Senior Management to be intelligent, respected and respectful. Encourage you to find ways to obtain more clear direction from your Executives which may help cut down on last minute changes.