GHA Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
George Hertzberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Income is endless, and you work from home" (in 17 reviews)

• "Except a few, every one works from home office" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Working from home requires self discipline" (in 10 reviews)

• "To succeed you must have the drive to put in the hours to build your book of business" (in 4 reviews)

"Truly Unlimited Potential"

Current Employee - Vice President of Enterprise Sales in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Vice President of Enterprise Sales in Nashville, TN

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent training:
    When you join GHA, you go to the AZ office for almost a week, and receive training on sales strategy, cutting edge technology, and you learn the hottest trends and needs for tech in the business world.
    After you are on board, there are multiple training sessions each week from vendors (only one is mandatory). So if there is an area in tech that you are not fully comfortable, these training sessions will be a great benefit for you.
    Best compensation in the VAR industry:
    I was making about 70k before joining GHA in 2011. I've been over 300k a year now, and this year I am shooting for 500k income.

Support / accounting / and credit teams are amazing:
    As GHA is an ESOP company, everyone benefits from our success, and it shows. I never have to wait more than a few minutes for an answer, and they are always willing to go above and beyond to make sure I can spend my time focused on making money.

Flexibility and quality of life:
    I work from home, and I work very hard, and I focus on maximizing my efficiency.
    This setup with GHA allows me the flexibility to take time off when needed, help my kids if they are sick, or work at night or the weekend if I am exceptionally busy with opportunities.

I can simply say, I highly value my career, and my time. If GHA was not the best option in the entire VAR industry, I would not be here. As it is, I am extremely happy, and I am looking forward to helping GHA become a billion dollar company.

Cons

Organization is a must:
    You need to be organized, efficient, and self driven. This isn't a con towards GHA as much as it is a challenge for many sales people in general. There is always a lot of paperwork and follow up to do, and if you are not organized, you will never have enough time in the day, and you will let opportunities slip past you.

No base pay:
    GHA is a commission only sales job, which means no base pay. This is awesome when you are successful because it allows GHA to pay you tremendously higher than the industry average, but you will need some time to ramp up. That being said, GHA offers very lucrative bonuses and incentives for the entire sales team, and when you are new, you earn these bonuses by simply doing the required steps to build a successful sales territory. (calls, meetings, etc.)
    Not a part time job:
    Again, not a con against GHA as much as an area many sales people seem to struggle with. You are not going to be successful by working 20 hours a week. This is a full time commitment with huge potential and benefits if you are willing to put in the time and consistent work to make them happen for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Thank you for being so generous, and we are all looking forward to helping GHA become a billion dollar company

2. "How to make money in computer sales: Get hired in GHA Sales team"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After working in many companies, GHA stands very different then others for me. Except a few, every one works from home office. Lot of flexibility but have to be sincere in your job and spend at least 8 hours a day with full commitment. What you get in return is no way comparable from any other employer. Currently we are getting 200% and 250% Bonus plan from profit for new accounts. simple math. You sell and make profit $500 in 10 accounts and get $10K salary per month. This is only salary. Then you get Spiff from Lenovo, HP, Dell, Cisco etc. GHA also offer Stock plan through ESOP. Every six month, our President add more values in it and all of us get the benefit. You get medical an dental coverage. You get a mentor assigned to you to help you for first few months. Accounting is so helpful that looks like they are not typical accountants but work just like sales people and help us day and night. We trust them and they trust us. Simple. We are near $1 Billion mark and no one can show an exponential growth like us in our industry. I guarantee you that.

Cons

You have to be discipline, spend more hours in beginning, Work really hard. That is the recipe of success everywhere I think.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the great job. We may need a sales council to help you.

3. "Vice President of Enterprise Sales"

Current Employee - Vice President, Midwest Sales
    Current Employee - Vice President, Midwest Sales

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strong company with no red tape. Flexibility for customers is something that can't be touched in the industry. With over 15 years at GHA, I have never been more thankful for work ethic of our owner and care for his employees.

Cons

Working from home requires self discipline.

"Goodness At GHA Technolgies Inc"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Started with GHA Technolgies Inc in 2004. Good Company to work for and well compensated. No other similar company shares their profit with the employees as good as GHA Technologies. Lot of freedom to operate on you own. Highly recommend, if you are ready to work hard and sincerely. I have grown with GHA from 20 Field Sales force to over 130 today. ESOP company

Cons

Need for discipline since the sales force works from home. There could be long hours , but I think all jobs working from home have that. You need to have experience in the field.

Advice to Management

Please keep the great values that we have had for the 14 years I have been the company.

"My Career"

Current Employee - Sales in Frankfort, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Frankfort, IL

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wow, where to begin? 6 years ago I made a very difficult decision to leave my employer and come to GHA - it's been one of the best decisions I've ever made for my career and my family. I consider GHA my family. From our President, to Accounting/Credit/HQ folks, to my sales colleagues. I love waking up and walking into my office ready to grind, talk to my clients (friends), resolve issues, and manage projects. GHA has unlimited potential for any person who is competitive, knows technology sales, has great work ethic, cares about people, and understands how to follow directions. GHA has all of the tools to make you a very successful technology sales person.

Cons

if you do not have work ethic and cannot work from home, this is not the place for you. Most of the negative reviews make me laugh when reading them...most have bad grammar, most have an angry tone behind them, and more importantly, frustrated folks who do not follow directions, who are not honest, and only think about themselves - trust me, I've worked with many over the past 6 years.

Advice to Management

The sky is the limit for GHA - let's take it to 1 billion together!

"Great career & great people"

Current Employee - Technical Sales Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

No micro-management, treated like adults & expected to work. This is not a handout; in order to be a good salesperson, you have to work. Show clients you are the best in the business & they will treat you well. You will have a thriving business with the freedom to grow at the pace you want as well as build lasting friendships with your colleagues & clients. The only limit is your own work ethic. Profit sharing through company shares is a wonderful way to keep people motivated as well as getting paid 100% or more in profit when you uncover new clients.

Cons

These are more personal cons but you have to be organized & self motivated as you are basically running your own territory in terms of prospecting, selling, sourcing, & collecting. You do get help from the corporate office but to be most successful, you need to have a good grasp of all areas & be willing to take the time to be detail oriented in order to maximize your commission.

Advice to Management

I couldn't see myself working anywhere else in this industry. Keep up the great work, I appreciate your efforts to continue to pursue integrity & work ethic as the way to success.

7. "GHA is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Vice President in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Vice President in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Unlimited income potential, President is hands on and is involved in every aspect of the business and yet not a micro manager, sales people are given wide parameters to do an amazing job for both themselves and their customers. Amazingly enough President who owned 100% of the stock has and ESPOP in place and now given (yes given, no cost to employees) a big chuck of the stock to the employees and more coming. Just a great place to work and this you may not believe but by Sunday afternoon I cant wait to get back to work, and I am not the only one who says this.

Cons

They only real con is your attitude and that keeps a lot of sales people from succeeding. You can go through life looking at the glass as half full or half empty and if you look at it as half full this is the place to be, but you do need to work hard. People that fail always seem to pick out 2-3 things why they failed and always GHA's fault which always amazes me, it's never their own attitude or lack of effort.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work, you have made this an amazingly great place to work for all of us, thank you.

8. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Income is endless, and you work from home. One must be self-motivated and have the desire to put in an honest day of work to be successful anywhere, even more when one works from home. For you don't have any managers hoovering over you all day, no one asking where you have been all day. You are treated as a True Professional. Bottom line, work hard, make sales calls, visit prospects / customers, and easily earn 6 figure income

Cons

You work from home.... That might be the most challenging area for folks that don't have any self-discipline. Too busy wanting to play. Its called a job, you need to work

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and leadership... and our continued success

"There is money to be mad at GHA, but it's not for everyone."

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you have at least 10 years of technology channel sales experience, a mature book of business that generates $40k in monthly revenue at 10 points of margin, go for it.

Cons

If you're starting from scratch, do not hire on with GHA unless you have a clearly defined strategy for success. No matter what your recruiter tells you, expect to spend 10-12 hours per day making 80+ calls for two years in order to build a business that generates enough income to pay the bills. While the company offers bonuses, these are not easy to get and shouldn't be depended upon for monthly income. I recall one bonus that had 22 different qualifiers. Smart hires have a secondary income source (rental, spousal, retirement/pension, other savings) to supplement monthly expenses until the business is established. GHA is not a family. You are on your own. Nobody cares if you make a sale. Nobody cares if you can pay your bills, and nobody cares if you're here tomorrow. Give yourself a time limit. If you're not making it or are unhappy, leave. Life's too short to waste your time or ours. There are 10 new hires next month to replace you. With close to 100% turnover per year, very few succeed. For the few who make it, GHA can be a very good gig.

Advice to Management

Spend less time during orientation on sales training, and more time helping recruits manage the GHA policies and systems. You should already know how to sell when you hire on. The GHA policies, procedures, spiffs...etc are unique to GHA and can trip you up if you're not careful. Also have one of the mentors take a little time to take the new hires through some secrets to success and pitfalls to failure.

GHA Technologies Response

Feb 1, 2018 – president

I am sorry the job didn't work for you. Your post is not honest, we have many sales people that ramp right up without a previous book of business, they don't work 12 hours, they don't make 80 calls... More

10. "Very satisfied"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Unlimited income
    ESOP
    Doubled Sales in 1 year.

Cons

You have to put your big boy pants on and actually know what you are doing.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.