GHA Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 4, 2017

4.0
George Hertzberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great freedom to work from home and earn the best commission and bonuses in the industry (in 16 reviews)

• A big plus is being able to work from a home office but still feel like you are part of a team (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Working from home maybe a challenge if you are not busy in the beginning (in 6 reviews)

• Not a suitable job if you are not self-motivated and willing to invest the time and energy to build a territory (in 5 reviews)

1. "Regional Sales manager"

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time

Pros

excellent sales skills, business acumen and proven ability to work and over-perform in a fast changing, multicultural, Highly skilled in leading multicultural sales organizations

Cons

Distinguished 18+ years of extensive experience in strategic accounts management/planning, direct sales, channel / indirect sales, sales management, business development, product sales management, strategic planning,

Advice to Management

 Achieve very challenging sales targets and business objectives
     Create and run the overall sales strategies within those accounts and their subsidiaries
     Project Management and Leadership,

"GHA - Bookkeeper Position"

Pros

-Good Work experience
    -Very friendly staff and work environment
    -Received Christmas and quarterly bonuses
    -Wants to help you grow and learn as much as you can

Cons

-No 401k contribution matching...
    -Accounting overshadowed by sales sometimes (several paid free lunches for sales a week, only one salad on Fridays for Accounting)

Advice to Management

Overall excellent company to work for. Would recommend to anyone!

3. "Great if you know what to expect"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at GHA Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a huge range of products, a real focus on sales, and very aggressive compensation (if 100% commission). You can set your own hours, target the verticals and company types you like, and even the products you like or know well. It is a chance to gain unmatched experience. If you follow the tips given in training you will succeed, the end.

Cons

The bonus plans change frequently meaning that prep work done to prepare for bonuses may result in little or no reward. Policies can change, and then change back, very quickly. Much of the support staff is made up of inexperienced interns.
    My biggest issue was I was hired into a structure with no sales managers in the field, no mandatory sales calls, and direct feedback from a very experienced sales coach. Within 6 months they had added sales managers, mandatory sales calls, and we lost the invaluable coaching.

Advice to Management

Go back to the previous lack of EVPs and mandatory calls and return to having the best salesman in the company doing coaching.

May 9, 2016

Thanks for the nice comments. To clarify a few things, the bonus plans only got richer and deeper. Every sales professional always received every bonus dollar they earned. If you have an earned... More

"What are you worth?"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Favorable compensation
    Work from home
    Positive work environment
    Very little limitation

Cons

If you don't have attention to detail, you'll struggle
    Be honest with yourself- self-discipline is key.
    The first 6 months will be hard but will prove your mettle

Advice to Management

None. This is a professional utopia. It isn't everyone, but the cream rises to the top.

"Great Company for Self Motivated Sales Professionals"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

GHA is a great company for highly self motivated sales professionals. Will need to work hard, be well organized and able to work independently in a home office. Unlimited opportunity and no income cap. Most of the reps average a six figure income. This job not easy, and if one does not work and apply themselves 100% each day, you will struggle. You are paid for what you put in !

Cons

If you want to spend your days chatting with your co-workers, not the place for you. If you cannot not work independently, not for you. If you need to point fingers at others for your failures, not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on growing and building the company by adding quality sales professionals

"Freedom to run your own business"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no micromanagement and the freedom you are given to run your own business starts from day 1. They provide you everything you need to be successful, provided you are willing to work at it. It's not easy, but the tools are there and so is the home office support. You just have to ask.

Cons

No CRM. Not the ideal situation for a sales person, but you can manage on your own if you really want it.
    No base salary makes it hard to start; you need to have a cushion to survive for the first few months, but after that the sky is the limit.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. There is no other VAR in the industry like this one, and that's a good thing!

Aug 12, 2015

We have all kinds of CRM software, you can even expense a copy of Act or Goldmine

"GHA"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Robust Money Making Opportunity, strong teammate support, World class sales training even for experienced Sales people.

Cons

Internal systems make running your own business very challenging.

Advice to Management

Steam line your internal processes if you want to retain more people.

Jul 31, 2015

We use two enterprise Internet software solutions from two of the best companies in our industry and they work as one unified system. All you need to do is watch an hour or two of training videos... More

"Great Job if you already have a book of business."

Pros

Work from home, Expansive product line to sell, over 1000 SKU's.
    Paid Training (they fly you to Scottsdale AZ for a week) on vendors products.
    You are well paid for setting up appointments with vendor reps and customers , and conference calls.
    They pay for you to have a VOIP phone line installed in your home office.

Cons

No Base Salary. Closely monitored by corporate to see if you have made 50 to 90 phone calls a day. (they probably have the ability to listen in on your calls)
    Unless you have customers already, it will be hard for you to be successful.
    High turnover of reps

Advice to Management

Pay a base or draw. Training should have more about the internal system's, CRM, product Database

Feb 23, 2015

GHA has never listened in on calls made by sales people and never will. We have learned that if the calls and appointments are made, the probability for success is very good and many sales people are... More

"Great job if you enjoy selling and actually try"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Reading the reviews from the former failed sales reps really motivated me to write this review. Especially the recent one about the person thinking of committing suicide. I feel really, really sorry that you would feel that way but you should never allow something like a job affect your personal happiness. If a job isn't right for you, leave. If you get fired, it's not the end of the world. A job does not define who you are or your happiness. I hope you get help and support from your friends and family and can live a happy life!

That being said there are always going to be positives & negatives with any job so I'll try to list them here for those thinking of looking for employment in sales at GHA.

First, the number 1 thing you need to succeed at GHA is motivation. Most of us work from home and you have to be motivated to actually work when there are so many other distractions & tempations working from home can bring. If you want a job that will make you 6 figures but you only have to work 1-2 hours a day, this isn't it. If you want a job where everyone will hand you clients and all you do it take orders all day and get paid 6 figures to do it, this isn't it. If you want a job where you can sit back and watch tv all day and just collect paychecks for doing nothing, this isn't it. If you are motivated, positive, and are willing to make phone calls to find new business, and visit local clients & make lasting friendships, this might be the job for you. I am a senior rep here at GHA and have been here over 6 years. I worked in a cubicle in a corporate environment in I.T. sales for 5 years before that and I can say honestly that this job was the best thing I ever could have found. Micro-management was killing me as a sales rep with my previous employer, and most inside sales jobs are that way. GHA gives you the ability to sell the way you want to sell with very little micro-management other than a sales report that takes very little time to fill out once per week. And that is only if you are struggling. If you are selling, GHA is happy, you are happy, they leave you alone and let you sell. They treat you like an adult and expect you to act like one. I personally love that approach but again, I reiterate that you have to be self motivated. If you are just starting out and do not have any existing clients, you need to make 50 calls a day to prospects minimum if you want to succeed. Since the job is strictly commission, you have to actually sell and can't rely on a salary to fall back on if you are not selling. I have mentored many sales reps over the years and the number 1 reason why they fail is because they are not willing to pick up the phone and talk to someone. I would suggest that every negative review from someone that is no longer with the company would have the same characteristics: they blame others for their failure when they sat back and expected business to come from thin air without any effort. Most sales reps that fail make 5-10 phone calls per day and after 1-2 months they leave. They were hoping for a job where business is handed to them and everything is done for them. To succeed at GHA you have to go out and get the business. Make phone calls and work hard until you have an established client base of regularly buying clients. If you do this, you can easily make 6 figures within 1-2 years and there is no reason why you can't make at least 50k your first year. If you already have an established client base that you can use, you should easily be successful and double or triple your income from your previous sales job. Overall I think this is a great job that allows you to avoid traffic (no commute!), spend more time with your family, make a great living, and make lasting friendships with your clients.

Cons

The cons are you have to actually work. You can't rely on others to make you successful. You have to follow-up with your clients regularly on their bills to prevent them from paying late which can decrease your commission depending on how late they pay. It is very hard for sales people with no existing clients to be successful because they are not willing to make the phone calls necessary to find new clients. You have to be good at multi-taking since you are basically running your own business with backend invoicing & problem support from the corporate office in AZ. You do get many emails per day that you have to go through but that seems to be the norm with almost all corporate jobs from what I have heard from other reps that came from other sales positions.

Advice to Management

I am happy for the most part with everything. You keep the sales reps happy by keeping our commission rate the highest I have ever heard of.

"Great experience - Unlimited earning potential"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales

Pros

Working from home and able to work at all hours during the day. I just had a CIO call me at 10:00PM this week and needed a quote. No one else can provide this service and this is why they buy $1,000,000 a year from us. Unlimited earning potential. I make 3 times as much at GHA then I did at CDW.

Cons

Working at home can make you a little stir crazy. I would get out of the office for onsite appointments as much as possible. Keeping on top of customers payments can be a hassle and time consuming.