GHA Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

5.0
George Hertzberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great freedom to work from home and earn the best commission and bonuses in the industry (in 16 reviews)

• A big plus is being able to work from a home office but still feel like you are part of a team (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Working from home maybe a challenge if you are not busy in the beginning (in 6 reviews)

• Not a suitable job if you are not self-motivated and willing to invest the time and energy to build a territory (in 5 reviews)

1. "Best company"

Current Employee - Vice President Enterprise Sales in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President Enterprise Sales in Rochester, NY

Pros

Great benefits, comp plan is best in the biz, fantastic management and ownership, ESOP, need I say more, full autonomy.

Cons

I really don't see any downside to working for GHA, if you show up everyday you'll win.

2. "Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Largo, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Largo, FL

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

GHA is by far the best company I've worked for. This is not a easy job by any means but the rewards are fantastic. A big plus is being able to work from a home office but still feel like you are part of a team. I really like having that work/life balance. GHA has an excellent back office team that supports you along the way. I love being able to leverage my IT industry contacts to create opportunities for sales. It's all about partnering and growing relationships with your clients, distributors, and manufacturers. I enjoy managing these relationships as a GHA VP.

Cons

This is not the type of job to take 2-3 weeks off for vacation each year. You must be dedicated and committed to build your book of business. Managing a daily AR Report can be a bit challenging but I'm not sure I'd consider it a con. It would be nice if GHA could take that responsibility off the Sales Rep's plate. Chasing net 30 clients for payment can be cumbersome.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with all the support and guidance you provide.

3. "I am truly blessed to have found GHA Technologies"

Current Employee - Vice President of Sales
    Current Employee - Vice President of Sales

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am truly blessed to have found GHA Technologies. GHA is a completely positive work environment full of real people who want to help you become successful. All you need to do to succeed is listen to people with more experience than you and adopt the systems they have in place which are proven to work and work well. I have been at GHA for 6 months and I can already tell you with certainty that they will be my last employer and I can now hang up my coat for the next 20 years. They have exceeded any and all expectations and then doubled or tripled them. You have the ability to put your customers’ needs before your own and treat them better than they have ever been treated before making it very hard to fail in my opinion.

Cons

I wish I would have found GHA sooner. There are no other cons.

4. "Hard work pays off"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my opinion, this job is for the more seasoned sales person. You need to know how to bring your best game every day and without someone telling you to get motivated or organized. The pay is sick...in all the best ways. If you're doing your job and working like a pro. You are getting paid very well. Benefits are good too. So far so good.

Cons

I've watched a few new hires get frustrated and leave. The truth is that they didn't have what it takes work from home. Self starter, organization and a go getter attitude are required. Without these qualities you will not last. Ultimately, you are running your own business within a business and if you don't know what you're doing...it is not easy. If you work hard, there is a golden pot and you can reach it. Working on 100% commission is not for the faint of heart. It requires good planning, good money management, confidence and a winning outlook every single day.

Advice to Management

Keep those Bonus plans coming. They are wonderful and it is amazing to take your profit and bring it right back to the sales team...so long as you're working for it. The operational team...all of them...great people who work incredibly hard...I am thrilled to have them!!

"Selling at GHA today"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time

Pros

Sales for Professional sales associates, this is for you if you are self driven and motivated. Working from home you are not micromanaged, and you will Earn from your dedication and hard work. Day after Day, GHA puts their money back into their sales professionals pockets, always looking at better ways to enhance your skill sets to grow your income. Your salary is endless, you will be awarded for your hard work and efforts.

Cons

If you need to be told what to do each day, this is not the place. If you need a manager over your shoulder to motivate you, this is not the place. You will earn what you don't put in, nothing. If you want a paycheck for sitting around all day, this will not be for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Thank you for always looking out for everyone in the company. From all the Office admins to the Outside sales associates.... Please keep our journey moving forward!

6. "Amazing opportunity"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Columbia, SC

Pros

GHA is a unique atmosphere. I've been a professional salesperson for 40 years (since I was 17). This is the most unique opportunity I've seen in that entire time. Sr management does not, in any way, try to limit your income. If I make $300K per year they don't resent that, they celebrate it! If I close a big new account they don't look and say "You're going to make $20K for not much work, we are going to have to adjust your bonus." They say, "AWESOME! GO GET 5 MORE JUST LIKE IT!"

If an employer pays you a base salary and puts you on a quota that is for one reason only. It is not because they love you and want you to succeed. It's because they want to be able to manipulate your quota in order to control how much money you make. You might get away with having a good quarter, but over the course of a year there is an income range they intend to keep you in. At GHA, your wits, your work, and your will are the only controls on your income.

Cons

You need to manage your money smartly so that when the inevitable bump in the road comes it doesn't derail you. However, if one does a standard risk/reward analysis this is soooooo worth it.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you are doing and continue to recruit the best sales people on the planet!

7. "Work Hard and Get Rewarded"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

GHA sells everything IT related. We do our own purchasing and can negotiate the best deals for our clients. Great freedom to work from home and earn the best commission and bonuses in the industry. Unlimited earning potential with no territory splits.

Cons

Working from home requires discipline and prospecting requires perseverance. Not a suitable job if you are not self-motivated and willing to invest the time and energy to build a territory.

Advice to Management

Change the bonus structure to be based on client acquisition and not phone calls.

8. "Compensation Plan is out of this WORLD"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

George Hertzberg is truly changing people's lives! We started out receiving 100% of margin, new customers, for 90 days. A few months ago he amazed us by bumping it to 150%. And NOW he is giving us 200%. GHA is seriously helping others reach their income goals and more!!! No schemes or tricks. Simple hard, honest work!

I am so thankful and blessed to have a CAREER, and be a part of an amazing company.

Cons

I can't stress the "HARD" part of this. A lot of people come on board thinking things are going to be given to them. Nothing in life is free. It is earned. Work hard and you will reap the rewards. You must have discipline, and a can-do attitude.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job motivating your sales force to grow.

"GHA is the best career choice I have ever made!"

Current Employee - Executive Vice President of Sales in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Vice President of Sales in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at GHA Technologies (More than 10 years)

Pros

GHA is a great place to work. You get out what you put in. I have been here over 13 years and if you have the determination and a can't lose attitude you will be successful. Any outside sales job is a challenge to find the balance between appointments, phone calls, placing orders and paperwork but for the ones that can follow the path to success that GHA has put in place the income is unlimited!! I love coming to work everyday and helping my clients. I truly love my job.

Cons

From a new reps perspective the cons I can see are the people that think they are set to make the appointments and phone call and then do not causing a failure to launch situation, You have to be relentless. You have to make the calls and go on the outside appointments and also keep yourself focused. Start fast and work hard. Make sure you are up to the challenge of outside sales and commission only.

Advice to Management

Management is constantly looking for ways to help the sales team grow via bonus pay, promotions, leads and quality mentors. GHA wants everyone to succeed. If you grow GHA grows!

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Bookkeeper/Credit Analyst/Marketing in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper/Credit Analyst/Marketing in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

This is the best company I have worked for and I'm lucky to have this job. Wonderful management and great career option!

Cons

I have no cons working here

Advice to Management

You are wonderful!