GHA Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
George Hertzberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great freedom to work from home and earn the best commission and bonuses in the industry (in 16 reviews)

• A big plus is being able to work from a home office but still feel like you are part of a team (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Working from home maybe a challenge if you are not busy in the beginning (in 6 reviews)

• Not a suitable job if you are not self-motivated and willing to invest the time and energy to build a territory (in 5 reviews)

"GHA's great company model, combined with your great work ethic, yields even greater financial rewards."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

GHA was just bumped up in the VAR 500 list and is now ranked at 196, up 136 spaces from the year before. The VAR500 is a list of the largest value-added resellers, solution providers and integrators in North America by revenue size. Revenue size is determined by the amount of annual products and services sold over the course of 2010.

Needless, to say if you have very high revenue sales then there are a lot of people making very good six figure incomes because of the high commissions. You do not make this list if your sales force is not selling and your sales force willl not stay if THEY themselves are not making money.

Don't take my word for it. Look at the VAR 500 list and while you are there look at the INC 5000 list as well. You will see that this company is moving forward .... Rapidly. Facts are facts.

You have the ability to work from home and there is a high degree of freedom. You are offered medical, dental and a 401K and in addition you will be offered a Stock Ownership Plan. You have the choice of selling literally over a million products if you wish. You receive the highest commission rate in the VAR reseller industry.

You literally have an extensive amount of freedom, you are treated fairly, and if you have a solid work ethic you will be rewarded. If you are waiting for the phone to ring perhaps this is not the place for you. The market has changed significantly as we all know, and with that thought change sometimes if very uncomfortable. We adapt if needed. If you want to make money and enjoy change then this company is the place to be.

Cons

Having an extensive amount of freedom is somewhat of a double-edged sword. You have to manage yourself without someone supervising your time. As a result, there are some people who fail because they simply lack time management skills.

Filing a weekly report which takes about half an hour to complete may seem tedious (the words salesman and report mix like oil and water). Again, it is a very short report but necessary nonetheless.

The market has changed; you can no longer rely on dated business practices. You have to go after business either through cold calling or via email. The days of letting the phone ring and writing out an invoice are over. This is where people get frustrated and, as a result, they tend to blame everyone and anyone but themselves for poor sales.

Advice to Management

Do not fix something that is not broken.

"Get paid what your worth as a VAR Account Manager"

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Access to all technology to sell hardware, software, services.
    Industry leading GP commissions and bonus plans.
    Outside sales and open territory and work from home opportunity.
    Empowered to create an account base and win business.
    Employee owned company plan in place.
    Financial terms and leasing options for clients available.
    Long-term Corporate Staff in place Marketing, HR, Accounting to support sales professional.
    Highly experienced sales professionals who help me when I ask for their help.
    Expenses reimbursed.
    Payroll two times a month.

Cons

Must sell to get paid.
    Must learn/comply with policy and procedures.
    Takes consistent work to successfully build a client base.
    Competitive industry.

Advice to Management

None for now.

"9 years and growing"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Keene, NH
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Keene, NH

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

excellent remote workplace support and environment. Superb commission plan. Ability to work multiple vertical markets with no regional restrictions

Cons

Only the limitations I put on myself . Working remotely one can get isolated from sense of team.
    You need to have mature sales skills to succeed, be self motivated and set own goals

Advice to Management

Continue to develop joint vendor marketing ventures

"Work from home, make what you deserve!"

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home, great commission plan, lots of bonus opportunities, great line card. The time you put into building your business pays off with great rewards. You are your own manager, and if you work hard, you have great potential earnings. GHA gives you the tools to be successful, if you put in the time and effort.

Cons

If you like being in an office setting with lots of distractions, this might not be for you. You need to maintain your own focus, and set your own priorities. But, that is what a sales person is supposed to do.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great bonus opportunities and the excellent comp plan. It is motivating to know that if you hit the gates, which are attainable, you can get great commissions!

"More of a Partner than an Employer"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Here are some of the reasons I both enjoy, and profit from working with GHA.
               I work from home. Which cuts down both on driving time and expenses, and makes life much more convenient in general.
               No micro-management. I am free to run and organize my day in a manner that I feel is most productive to growing business.
                Great support from both the sales force, and all of the other internal departments. The owner is a self made salesman who built and guided this company from the ground up into one of the fastest growing VARS in the country. The Point of that statement is that he understand what it takes to sell, and what motivates both sales people, as well as new clients etc... *at my previous employer, none of my 7 layers of bosses had ever held a sales position, which is quite frustrating / Office Space type scenario*
                 Lots of new promotions targeted at helping grow business and add new customers.
                 Fantastic commission / certainly the best that i am aware of in the technology industry. I like money, and if you are successful in sales, it's better to be paid more money for the same job.

Cons

I see some people struggle to consistently work from home. The fact that GHA does not micro-manage, means reps need to be highly motivated and ambitious in order to succeed. You have to provide the necessary structure to your day in order to succeed.
    No one is going to hold your hand.

Advice to Management

No problems with management (isn't that a rare thing to say?)

"A Great place to work, if you work hard. This is not an easy business but GHA does it right."

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GHA pays better than any company that I know of in the industry. GHA has daily expectations but they give you direction to compete in the industry.

Cons

Getting some information can be difficult or slow to get out of GHA but they are working on it. There are a lot more tasks that need to be done to complete an order, but that is part of the business and why we are paid well, you are in control.

Advice to Management

Make it easier to find information.

"Switching to GHA was the best decision I have made"

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time

Pros

Prior to working for GHA, I worked in IT sales in a call center environment. Now that I work from home I get those additional sales that I had been missing out on because the call center closed at 5pm and we were not allowed to work late or or from home. This is one of the first things that I mention to new clients. They love the fact that I can be reached if they need me. GHA has the best pay structure for this industry that I have ever seen. Plus,The owner is always rolling out new promo's for you to get paid even more money.. whether it is attending lunch and learns, going on meetings, taking training courses.. all things which we should be doing anyway. To get paid additional for that is just another one of the many
    perks. It is refreshing to work for a company that really focus on growing and succeeding.

Cons

Working from home can be a double edged sword. You do not have a manager looking over your shoulder making sure you are doing your quotes, making your calls,etc. You have to be a self starter. If you get distracted easily or think you can work an hour a day and get by you will have issues and you will not last.

"Great company if you want the feeling of running your own business"

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive commissions, work from home

Cons

You have to be highly self motivated to succeed

Advice to Management

Update your website. Its not the best representation of the organization!

"I can’t imagine wanting to work anywhere else."

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with GHA for around 10 years now and I am so happy to have found this job. It's been great to work from home and spend more time with my wife & family. There is no micro-management, you are paid better than any other reseller I have heard of, and you are rewarded with many different types of promotions & spiffs for doing what you are already supposed to be doing... selling. This is a job you can easily make 6 figures if you just put in a good work ethic for a few years and then reap the rewards of a happy, stable client base. Our pricing is usually competitive with the largest resellers out there and more flexible since we can negotiate our own pricing on a per deal basis with our distributors. There have been many, many times that I have been able to beat out the incumbent larger reseller by just making a phone call to our distributor of choice or direct manufacturer and negotiating a better price. I make at least another 10k or more each year in spiffs from GHA & other manufacturer spiff card programs which allow me to eat at wonderful restaurants, buy gifts for friends & family, & get all the little things for around the house. It's been a wonderful 10 years and I hope to have many more here. The flexibility to work anywhere as long as you have a smartphone really improves the qualify of life as well. No more being stuck in a dirty cubicle all day.

Cons

There are really only 2 challenges. The hardest one is yourself. You have to overcome complacency, laziness, lack of motivation, whatever you want to call it. No one is going to sell for you or give you the orders, you have to go out and get them. Once you have a thriving client base, you have to stay motivated to continue to put forth effort to grow and to keep them happy. Give them the best service and they will be loyal. The 2nd challenge is making sure they pay their invoices on time so you don't lose commission. It is inevitable that some clients will pay late. For the smaller orders it's not worth putting forth the effort to stay on top of those, but for the large ones, you need to be diligent. Make sure they have the invoice weeks before it's due. Become friends with the accounts payable contact and always be nice. They are much more willing to pay on time if you are kind to them when everyone else is probably making those aggressive collection calls that we all hate.

Advice to Management

I know you always do your best to keep the sales reps happy and give us an many selling tools as possible to help us succeed. I want to say thanks for everything.

"Best company to work and do business for a long term."

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best reason to work at GHA that you can earn unlimited income in very short period of time. GHA offers draws for every new account you open and pay it weekly. commission is more then your expectation and higher then any other sales organization. GHA has long term relationship with all major IT manufacturers like Dell, HP, Lenovo, IBM, EMC, Microsoft, Apple and many more. GHA offers a a week paid sales and product training in company HQ at Scottsdale, AZ. After that you are assigned to a mentor for a few months to do the everyday business. It give you opportunity to work from home so you can balance your life with work and family. Management will help you so that you can reach your goals. You can reach any one including president of the company if you need help. Every one help each other and make GHA most friendly company you ever worked before.

Cons

If you keep a positive approach, nothing can harm you. Working from home maybe a challenge if you are not busy in the beginning. Make yourself busy in cold call or customer appointments. Result will start coming in and you will start getting paid.

Advice to Management

Doing great in managing so many sales and support staff. May want to minimize number of daily emails including daily sales reports. It may be better to get it on weekly basis.Sales people ask too many questions which could be answered by checking SharePoint, searching in Google or calling disty partners.