GHA Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

GHA Technologies Reviews

Updated July 4, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great freedom to work from home and earn the best commission and bonuses in the industry (in 16 reviews)

• A big plus is being able to work from a home office but still feel like you are part of a team (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Working from home maybe a challenge if you are not busy in the beginning (in 6 reviews)

• Not a suitable job if you are not self-motivated and willing to invest the time and energy to build a territory (in 5 reviews)

1. "Compensation Plan is out of this WORLD"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

George Hertzberg is truly changing people's lives! We started out receiving 100% of margin, new customers, for 90 days. A few months ago he amazed us by bumping it to 150%. And NOW he is giving us 200%. GHA is seriously helping others reach their income goals and more!!! No schemes or tricks. Simple hard, honest work!

I am so thankful and blessed to have a CAREER, and be a part of an amazing company.

Cons

I can't stress the "HARD" part of this. A lot of people come on board thinking things are going to be given to them. Nothing in life is free. It is earned. Work hard and you will reap the rewards. You must have discipline, and a can-do attitude.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job motivating your sales force to grow.

"GHA is the best career choice I have ever made!"

Current Employee - Executive Vice President of Sales in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Vice President of Sales in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at GHA Technologies (More than 10 years)

Pros

GHA is a great place to work. You get out what you put in. I have been here over 13 years and if you have the determination and a can't lose attitude you will be successful. Any outside sales job is a challenge to find the balance between appointments, phone calls, placing orders and paperwork but for the ones that can follow the path to success that GHA has put in place the income is unlimited!! I love coming to work everyday and helping my clients. I truly love my job.

Cons

From a new reps perspective the cons I can see are the people that think they are set to make the appointments and phone call and then do not causing a failure to launch situation, You have to be relentless. You have to make the calls and go on the outside appointments and also keep yourself focused. Start fast and work hard. Make sure you are up to the challenge of outside sales and commission only.

Advice to Management

Management is constantly looking for ways to help the sales team grow via bonus pay, promotions, leads and quality mentors. GHA wants everyone to succeed. If you grow GHA grows!

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Bookkeeper/Credit Analyst/Marketing in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper/Credit Analyst/Marketing in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

This is the best company I have worked for and I'm lucky to have this job. Wonderful management and great career option!

Cons

I have no cons working here

Advice to Management

You are wonderful!

"Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Marietta, GA

Pros

I've been with GHA for 2 months. So far I've had a great experience. If you work hard here and hit the phones you will succeed. You must be able to work independently without constant supervision. They have a great bonus structure that I have not seen before in this industry. The owner is a man of his word and has done everything GHA has promised. I wish I found this company 6 months ago!

Cons

Not sure if this is a Con but the hours are long. To succeed you must have the drive to put in the hours to build your book of business. If you put the hours in the business will come and you will succeed.

"Mega Churn"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GHA Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge portfolio of IT solutions.

Cons

Unsustainable go to market business model.

Advice to Management

Build an environment that creates a greater potential for long term career success.

Jul 8, 2016 – president

For sales people that know how to sell there is no churn. For sales people that can't sell or can't work, they don't earn any money and end up with no commission and no job. During the interview... More

"Must Have Time For Financial Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GHA has a large product selection, and uses CNet as their CRM. The administrative staff, mentors and VP's are very helpful and quick to respond.

Cons

If you are considering the RSM position, you must be aware of the fact that you must ramp up very quickly if your financial future depends upon it. There I no salary.

Advice to Management

The EVP's that I have worked with do a fine job, and understand the workload and time management that is necessary for RSM's to succeed. The "bonus" plans have been written with many tasks that must be adhered to. Lighten this up a bit. New RSM's need a way to finance the ramp period.

Jun 6, 2016 – president

just today gha doubled the bonuses for the rest of the year!

"GHA - Bookkeeper Position"

Pros

-Good Work experience
    -Very friendly staff and work environment
    -Received Christmas and quarterly bonuses
    -Wants to help you grow and learn as much as you can

Cons

-No 401k contribution matching...
    -Accounting overshadowed by sales sometimes (several paid free lunches for sales a week, only one salad on Fridays for Accounting)

Advice to Management

Overall excellent company to work for. Would recommend to anyone!

8. "Your effort pays off"

Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you are hardworking, self starting and willing to invest the time.GHA Technologies Sales can be your best career choice. You will get the opportunity to continually learn what is new in the industry and share that with customers. That will result in both sales and customer loyalty. You must be willing to invest the time and effort in getting customers and keeping up with the ever changing nature of IT.

Cons

none. The only problem people tend to have is not being willing to follow the business plan and not understanding how a business actually works.

Advice to Management

None. Thanks for being willing to invest in so many people in many ways.

"Do it yourself."

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Del Mar, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Del Mar, CA

Pros

I no longer waste my time working for this company

Cons

Everything. Owner is the worst. HR sucks and everyone is a vice president it seems. It's just as easy to set up your own wholesaler which I did and haven't looked back. Made three figures selling items online on my own site offering better pricing and better margins in my pocket. Don't waste your time working for this company when just as easily start your own and make more money.

Advice to Management

Close down company it's a fraud.

May 27, 2016

Our HR team does a great job everyday and when they have to recover company inventory they do a very good job. No company would allow an ex sales person to steal company inventory.

10. "Great if you know what to expect"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at GHA Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a huge range of products, a real focus on sales, and very aggressive compensation (if 100% commission). You can set your own hours, target the verticals and company types you like, and even the products you like or know well. It is a chance to gain unmatched experience. If you follow the tips given in training you will succeed, the end.

Cons

The bonus plans change frequently meaning that prep work done to prepare for bonuses may result in little or no reward. Policies can change, and then change back, very quickly. Much of the support staff is made up of inexperienced interns.
    My biggest issue was I was hired into a structure with no sales managers in the field, no mandatory sales calls, and direct feedback from a very experienced sales coach. Within 6 months they had added sales managers, mandatory sales calls, and we lost the invaluable coaching.

Advice to Management

Go back to the previous lack of EVPs and mandatory calls and return to having the best salesman in the company doing coaching.

May 9, 2016

Thanks for the nice comments. To clarify a few things, the bonus plans only got richer and deeper. Every sales professional always received every bonus dollar they earned. If you have an earned... More