KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

GLAMSQUAD CEO Amy Shecter
Amy Shecter

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "There's also no transparency, so we have absolutely no idea what's going on in the company ever.(in 3 reviews)
  • "More staff flexibility better pay(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great place!

Apr 12, 2022 - Freelancer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The interviewing process was great!

Cons

no Cons at all that i can think of!

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awful

May 20, 2022 - Client Experience Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Comped services when you needed them

Cons

Treated so poorly there was no room to breathe or live a life

3. 5.0

Great place to work

Mar 10, 2022 - Software Developer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined the team in 2021 and my experience has been great. The team is smaller now than it was pre-pandemic, and one might think that would mean hectic hours and wearing many hats, but the work/life balance has been perfect. I've been able to take ownership of projects and do a lot of great meaningful work right from the start. Everyone here is very friendly and cares deeply about our customers, both the clients and beauty professionals

Cons

My favorite restaurant to get lunch at near the office closed recently. This is probably the biggest con for me.

4. 5.0

Growing with Integrity, Heart, and Innovation

Dec 14, 2021 - Social Media and Community Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with Glamsquad for a couple months now and have seen so much growth happen in such little time. As one of the new hires since COVID-19, I've had the rewarding opportunity to be a part of the many positive shifts in the brand's messaging and marketing efforts needed to achieve new heights. This company works with integrity and heart, and stresses transparency and open communication for a positive company culture and work flow. It's been a pleasure working with such a connected and passionate team that is transparent when it comes to the needs of the business as a whole, and those of the people in it. We work with intention and have clear goals for the future of the brand, which pushes us past limitations and introduces us to new ideas and learnings. Glamsquad strives to be an inclusive brand for all women to look and FEEL their best while supporting and highlighting our beauty pros who are at the core of making that happen for our clients. It makes me happy to work for a brand that makes inclusivity and diversity a top priority. If you are a natural innovator, your fresh ideas will be honored here as we are constantly growing and learning. This is a very collaborative environment where all departments come together to discuss the moving parts of the business so that we stay unified with our counterparts and well-informed. There is no sense of superiority here, so you will feel extremely valued for the work you do as everyone brings in their own expertise and unique point of view which is always appreciated. They really do treat you like family. #GlamFam

Cons

Even with the stature Glamsquad already has, it still operates much like a startup which means there is constant learning, adapting, and problem-solving (the nature of any startup). We may be a small team but we are mighty–wearing many hats and working proactively to address issues that arise from being an on-demand beauty service. I personally commend Glamsquad for owning mistakes of the past and not only learning from them, but taking meaningful action to be 1% better than they were yesterday. Prepare to be challenged in a fast-paced environment that will push you past you limits, but rest-assured that there is a supportive team behind you. No cons in my eyes.

5. 5.0

Fresh Software Engineer

Nov 29, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

As one of the first hires to the team since COVID I can say with sheer confidence there are pros to both the engineering team and the GlamSquad team as a whole. The engineering team is small as of now and we’ve established a very cohesive line of communications and workflows for the various systems. There is a healthy diet of cooperation and solo work to fall into, the two end up blending together on most projects. We stress accessibility in our work today and stay up to date with technology trends. When it comes to communication with the rest of the GlamSquad team, it doesn’t stray from the norms of the engineers. There are weekly meetings with the customer experience team, tech support, and marketing. The communication and culture GlamSquad nurtures is one to appreciate.

Cons

As of now the team is small so you should be prepared to work on features and do some self learning along the way, not necessarily a con if you're looking to work on some meaningful work there's just more of a personal challenge involved.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Experience at glamsquad

Aug 19, 2021 - Hairstylist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The was flexibility with our schedules. Some opportunities I had were once in a life time.

Cons

I feel it lost its exclusivity, didn't accept other views or opinions.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee

Horrendous company that will take full advantage of you.

Sep 9, 2021 - Makeup Artist in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really not anything to add here.

Cons

This company is horrible to work for. They take advantage of their artists in every way possible. I have worked for them for years and finally had to quit because it just kept getting worse and worse. First they started charging us a “membership fee” which is $152 a year just to work for them. This would make sense if they provided us with supplies but they do not. Most recently they began charging us the clients credit card processing fee with no notice (they snuck it into the contract with very unclear wording and no emails about it, ironically the week unemployment ended. I’m sure they did this on purpose). This takes 2.75% out of each client pay. Don’t bother with this company. They don’t care about their people whatsoever.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0

Was great

Feb 16, 2021 - Nail Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule get to meet people from all walks of life

Cons

Lack of communication. Only give whoever they like clients. Have to pay for all supplies now and barely raised prices to cover costs.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Horrible Place, Low Wages and Mental Abused Daily

Feb 10, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The girls became very close due to the horrible working conditions

Cons

Terrible management where girls would would often leave crying because our manager would decide to pick on one person until they quit. Constantly screamed at my both beauty professionals and clients. Often times beauty professionals would oversleep or forget they had scheduled appointments. It always felt awful to cancel on people’s weddings the night before at 11 pm because beauty professionals would often call out out of their entire shift the night before. Failed market launches but also inexperienced corporate staff running the business side. The ceo didn’t even know our names and didn’t want to book with certain professionals because she thought they weren’t good, isn’t the point of Glamsquad supposed to be no matter who you receive you’re going to get a 5 star service?

Continue reading
  10. 5.0

very good employer

Dec 24, 2020 - Hairstylist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

great pay , create your own schedule

Cons

don't have any cons for the company

Viewing 1 - 10 of 57 Reviews

GLAMSQUAD Reviews FAQs

GLAMSQUAD has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 115 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at GLAMSQUAD to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, GLAMSQUAD employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at GLAMSQUAD. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

58% of GLAMSQUAD employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated GLAMSQUAD 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at GLAMSQUAD to be senior leadership, career development, culture and the cons to be benefits, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with GLAMSQUAD Job Seekers