GLOBALFOUNDRIES Reviews | Glassdoor

GLOBALFOUNDRIES Reviews

Updated June 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance could be better (in 52 reviews)

• Managers are not consistent upper management seems to have there head up there A55es (in 34 reviews)

1. "Principal tech analyst"

Current Employee - Technology Analyst in East Fishkill, NY
    Current Employee - Technology Analyst in East Fishkill, NY

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great team involvement excellent management support

Work hours good team collaboration flexible

Cons

Poor training know feedback for hard work

Advice to Management

Take a good look at some people who have a position for a long time.

"Deepwater Horizon"

Former Employee - IT Engineer in Malta, NY
    Former Employee - IT Engineer in Malta, NY

I worked at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, nice new gym, great people, nice new gym, great people, nice new gym

Cons

Absolutely no career. Absolutely no training. The work load is so demanding that there's no way you can do anything correct, the right way or do proper research or planning to prep the work required. Management in California micro-manages, and what's most scary is that they know nothing of what we do, what our challenges are, what is required to do the jobs/task at hand; nor do they care. Their actions are wanton, and they lead with an arrogance and ignorance I've never experienced or seen in my career. They are leading us full speed into disaster. They do not want professional opinions, input, or to hear of any concerns. They provide no support only demands and dictations. Their favoritism and rewards are only for their own. The HR review process is so broke and so corrupt it drives the workers to a point of not caring and not trying. All managers only manage upward- they say, do and report ONLY what the level(s) above them want to hear, because they know they can't do anything to affect the chaos which I lived and others continue to live.

Advice to Management

TRUST the people below you to manage their domain. If you cannot trust them, then why are they there?

"Engineer"

Former Employee - Engineer in Malta, NY
    Former Employee - Engineer in Malta, NY

I worked at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The cafeteria was the only pro. Nothing esle.

Cons

It sucks. No life balance. No vision

Advice to Management

Waste of time

4. "Good First Job and structure is improving but still needs lot of work"

Current Employee - Process Technician in Malta, NY
    Current Employee - Process Technician in Malta, NY

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great facilities and new buildings. Science is interesting but is difficult to get cross functional training. Interesting products for big name brands like AMD

Cons

Work place is difficult, organization and communication is lacking albeit improving. Hard getting support to work in an area or projects you're interested in. Not supportive environment and you must control your own destiny with little help from the employer. This is a great reason to work here though as a first job. I've learned that I have to be more assertive and take charge of my life not be complacent.

Advice to Management

Mid level managers need to be changed or re-educated. Corporate ideologies sound great when I hear it but still needs to make it down to the foundation of the business.

"This place sums, no raises or good bonuses."

Current Employee - Fab Specialist in Essex, VT
    Current Employee - Fab Specialist in Essex, VT

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

0, pay is substandard, benefits are minimal at best

Cons

Where to begin, let me just say management is clueless, employees on the floor get treated horribly, too many raises for people in support areas while manufacturing operator that do the work get nothing, just a big smokescreen. Hr is the absolute worst and very unprofessional and totally pro management.

Advice to Management

Try paying and treating people that actually work with dignity and respect, most people I know are on some kind of public assistance working here, also, people with experience are castrisized and downgraded and not given any raises or bonuses. Embrace your older and experienced operator and pay a equal days pay, value floor personnel.

"Great company/benefits but Terrible management"

Former Employee - Equipment Engineer in Malta, NY
    Former Employee - Equipment Engineer in Malta, NY

I worked at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and many good people to work with

Cons

Management sucks, Very discriminatory managers especially upper level managements

Advice to Management

Quit and retire.

"High potential but slow to improve"

Current Employee - Frontline Leader in Malta, NY
    Current Employee - Frontline Leader in Malta, NY

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, great people, lots of room for growth and career development

Cons

Poor effort to support technical staff with resources and long term pay improvement. Nightmarish red tape process when trying to hire. Ineffective employee rating and deficient annual raise system. Management does not live up to professed ethical and transparency standards.

Advice to Management

Accept the truth, even when it's hard. Listen to and support your employees. Allow your managers to reward high performing employees and remove employee rating quotas. Improve IT support, hold Senior Managers accountable for department performance and get rid of Google, it's ridiculous.

"Poor business practices, poor communication, treats employees poorly."

Former Employee - Field in East Fishkill, NY
    Former Employee - Field in East Fishkill, NY

I worked at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really the pay is the only thing worth while. The skills you can find anywhere in the industry. If you are entry level, don't worry they will hire you because they can't keep techs.

Cons

If I could give no stars I would. Frankly my time here has been horrible, and it's sad that a lot of other feel that way as well but can't leave. They do a good job of keeping you in Golden Handcuffs. My last department meeting they asked for "volunteers" to go to Malta because so many people had left. When asked why management said "they all said they were not being challenged enough" Looking at the reviews on here it's pretty obvious it's the work conditions. From the Work/Life balance, to the treatment of employees, no progression, no growth (if it's not what management wants) to the latest I have been a part of - the withdrawal of a bonus after being paid out. There are a lot of great techs, process, and engineers here (Malta and Fishkill) and frankly some awesome managers (who unfortunately get overshadowed). I suspect more and more will finally have had enough of working in these conditions and turnover will continue. As far as the East Fishkill site goes, there is really no product running and probably won't be after IBM is done making server chips there.

Advice to Management

I won't be as nice as some of the reviews I have read. Frankly, this is the problem with the company as a whole. It really seems like upper management and HR turn a blind eye when someone complains about being mistreated. I can't really say I have ever worked somewhere so bleak and blindly guided. The rules change by the hour, recently after being told to never deviate from procedures and employee was told when questioned how long something takes to do "well don't do it by the procedure then". From being harassed about taking time of or calling in sick, to being told to make someone cry, it's a belittling, unsettling, nervous environment to work in. When we asked upper management if leaving night shift was a possibility they said yes, asking your direct manager and they said "you can do everything on nights why are you asking to leave". The passive aggressive nature is nasty and down right disheartening. The number of employees that are beaten down because "they make good money" is discussing. talking about employee's personal issues, pay, or anything else in a meeting setting in front of other is completely unacceptable. Putting employees down, and belittling them in front of other is mortifying. It's a big game to management, and if you want to join little skill is required. Just have to join the team and drink the cool-aid and wait your turn.

My advice to Management (Upper that is) and HR?
    It's time to restructure and get rid of the waste of lower management. There are too many managers on a lower level because someone else didn't want to have something on there plate. This causes these lower managers to have too much power and very little respect for almost anyone. HR really needs to do a deep dive investigation. The only reason others aren't coming forward is because "but the pay is good" but I'm sure HR already knows about it.

9. "Going in right direction"

Current Employee - Senior Technology and Integration Engineer in Malta, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Technology and Integration Engineer in Malta, NY

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good opportunity to learn and if you like to work, then you can get to work on important projects that directly impacts the products

Cons

Too much mid level managers, they are typically try to act too smart without much of management skills. Upper management is getting better.

"SMTS"

Current Employee - Smts in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Smts in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at GLOBALFOUNDRIES full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job
    Better than welfare

Cons

Out-of-touch senior management
    Lack of reward