GMMI, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Current Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at GMMI, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company and people to work for. They offer excellent benefits and room for growth. I work with some of the finest people from around the world and it is a friendly, professional environment which makes it great to go to work everyday.

Cons

It's an open office environment. Takes some time to get used to the "open" modern concept.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to listen to your employees. Continue to provide good training and have an open door policy.

GMMI, Inc.2018-07-03

August 17, 2018HR Recruiter/Generlaist

Thank you for posting a review of GMMI. We appreciate your highlighting some of the features that make GMMI an inviting and interesting place to work.

2. "Assistance Coordinator"

Current Employee - Assistance Coordinator in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at GMMI, Inc. full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Good salaries, excellent benefits. Modern office, ample parking.

Cons

Shifts, expected to work weekends.

Advice to Management

When hiring new staff, advise them that they will be working every weekend. Therefore creating a dedicated weekend staff.

GMMI, Inc.2018-12-12

December 14, 2018HR Supervisor

Thank you for posting a review of GMMI, we appreciate your feedback. As this department is 24/7/365 employees will always work weekends, in a rotation shift. At times we understand due to staffing you may work more than one weekend.

"Worst place and worst management.!"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Pembroke Pines, FL

I worked at GMMI, Inc. full-time

Pros

Insurance package and thats it.!

Cons

The managers are completely lost , they do not know what they are doing. They fire people everyday and without reasons. Promote people that are not capable for the positions, they just get promoted because someone high up like the employee. HR is horrible, they do not care about their employees and they are not on the employee’s side. They hire people to do claims and other jobs descriptions that are not capable and have...

Advice to Management

Get it together and learn how to listen to the employees. Do more training and learn what you are doing before saying anything. Hire more prepared people and provide fair promotions, no because you like your friend.

GMMI, Inc.2019-03-19

"High Stress everyday"

Current Employee - Assistant Coordinator in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at GMMI, Inc. full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

They have Good benefit at GMMI

Cons

Unprofessional and unmanaged with lots of meetings that do not fix the out of control calls and attriutes to stress to each employee. Handling over 200 coverages and at any time you next call is an coverage/ Ins you have to handle with specifics on how to handle.....STRESS!!!!!

Advice to Management

Should have a no tolerance for bullying and designate accounts in groups to better familiarize yourself with accounts

GMMI, Inc.2019-03-12

April 3, 2019HR Supervisor

Thank you for sharing your concern, we will further investigate this matter. We continue to improve our overall process when handling cases and aim to improve the training to assist our employees in handling situations.

"Yes we care"

Current Employee - Assistant Coordinator in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at GMMI, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great health benefits. Lots of opportunities to grow. Flexible schedules.

Cons

Needs more organization and better pay.

GMMI, Inc.2019-01-30

March 12, 2019HR Supervisor

Thank you for posting a review of GMMI. We always strive to promote from within and work with our employees as part of our caring culture. We value your feedback and will continue to work on improvements in the organization.

6. "Modern building but outdated management styles"

I have been working at GMMI, Inc. for more than 4 years

Pros

Benefits are ok but not exceptional for an international company of this size

Cons

Communication is a one way street , senior management is not showing involvement and is mostly not aware what really is going on on the work-floor . Departments are missing organizational structure . Management needs to get down from there high horse and act and not react !

Advice to Management

Don’t drown yourself in endless meetings and loose the important connection to your employees before its to late, otherwise you would need a “retention department” instead of a HR dep.

GMMI, Inc.2018-10-23

October 25, 2018HR Supervisor

Thank you for posting a review of GMMI. We always strive to make our workplace the best it can be. We highly value your feedback and are continuously working on making improvements to each department.

"Outdated views, not the place for a career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

I worked at GMMI, Inc. full-time

Pros

Benefits are pretty decent in terms of paid healthcare, holidays and PTO. Many of the coworkers are generally good and fun people

Cons

This is a decent place to work if it’s your first office job or for someone who recently finished school. However if you’re looking for a career, this isn’t the place for you as there is very little room for advancement. Senior managers are completely disconnected from the rest of the staff, with little to no interaction. The politics are even worse and create a toxic work environment for pretty much everyone. The company...

Advice to Management

Any successful company in today’s world will tell you that if you don’t invest in your employees you will get nowhere. If you’re not willing to change your ways, reward people who work hard and remove those who are toxic you will fail as a business. Clients are important, but you are nothing without your employees

GMMI, Inc.2018-10-09

October 25, 2018HR Supervisor

Thank you for your feedback. GMMI takes pride in promoting from within, this is evident by our last 2 months which we have promoted over 10 people. We are sorry you were not able to pursue a career within GMMI.

"Area Manager"

Former Employee - Area Nanager of Medical & Travel Netwirks in Pembroke Pines, FL

I worked at GMMI, Inc. full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good benefits, nice new building

Cons

Unstable environment and lack of professionalism

Advice to Management

Improve treatment of employees

GMMI, Inc.2018-09-29

October 1, 2018HR Supervisor

Thank you for posting a review of GMMI, we appreciate your feedback. Sorry your experience wasn't positive. We value our culture and strive to maintain integrity in our organization.

9. "Dental Assistant"

Former Employee - Billing Specialist

I worked at GMMI, Inc. for more than a year

Pros

Technology is amazing. The ability to work virtually,The

Cons

Their schedule did not fitting.

GMMI, Inc.2018-04-05

August 2, 2018Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, Dental Assistant is not a position that we currently have or have ever held at GMMI. You may have mixed us with another company.

"Team Lead"

I have been working at GMMI, Inc. full-time

Pros

Amazing benefits, and the hourly wages are not bad.

Cons

Co-workers are too petty and there is no real effort placed into their jobs.

Advice to Management

Accountability aimed at the right people. Hire people who actually cares about the work.

GMMI, Inc.2017-11-14

August 17, 2018HR Recruiter/Generlaist

Thank you for posting a review of GMMI. We have launched a campaign on CARE culture and will address many of your comments as this continues to roll out.

Found 30 reviews