GMR Marketing Reviews

Updated Apr 30, 2021

4.0
GMR Marketing CEO Cameron Parsons (no image)
Cameron Parsons
Pros
  • "Great feed-back structure and well as great people(in 26 reviews)

• "Great people, great culture, great training(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance was a large issue for me(in 10 reviews)

• "Long hours and little flexibility(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome Company

Mar 4, 2021 - Retail - Expert in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really love working for GMR. Great company, decent pay.

Cons

Insurance is based on average hours worked

GMR Marketing

We're so glad to hear that your experience with GMR has been positive! Thank you for your dedication - Keep up the great work!

2. 4.0

Brand Ambassador

Apr 22, 2021 - Brand Ambassador
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, fun working environment

Cons

Long hours, strange working environments

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Culture Rot from the top.....Run away as fast as you can.

Apr 24, 2021 - Iqos Indirect Channel Lead in Alexandria, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are simply no PRO's , truly was a horrible organization to work with.

Cons

Poor Management Retaliation after filing HR complaint Low Pay Bad Work Culture

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company

Mar 30, 2021 - Retail - Expert in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pays well $20 hr . Easy job

Cons

Not really any cons . Can be bit of drama , but of course depends on the people you work with and inner strength . Contract is 20-25 hrs a week . Can get more

GMR Marketing

We appreciate you leaving a review and glad to hear that the work suits your skillset well. Please continue working directly with your manager or HR if you have any feedback to share around team dynamics.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Challenging business, great place

Jan 11, 2021 - Account Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting marketing business with some of the largest brands in the country, fast moving, never bored

Cons

The pandemic has hurt some of GMR's core business but they are ready for a big rebound. There are some negative reviews on Glassdoor and that is why I am leaving my review. GMR is one of many companies who have had to let people go during 2020. In my opinion, GMR hasn't let go any of their most talented people. They have restructured and are ready for the economy to improve. They have let go some people and those are where the negative reviews are coming from. My advice, don't let a bad review from someone with a bad attitude steer you away from GMR. It's an incredible company.

GMR Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us. We strive for all employees to feel accepted and appreciated during these unprecedented times. As an agency, we have had to make some unfortunate changes but we are rapidly evolving with an eye to the future. We appreciate your hard work and commitment to GMR!

6. 5.0

Very Fun Experience!

Feb 16, 2021 - Brand Ambassador in Lincoln, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was connected to this company through advertisement work in a different city. I did not work for them in their office building. However, the managers that were in charge of our shifts were absolutely amazing people and pumped us up before each shift started. We got a lot of work done but also had a fun experience doing so. Learning the basics was easy as well. It was also a job where we could choose to come if we were available. Most of the time, everyone chose to come.

Cons

Sometimes the shifts would start really early in the morning and setting up equipment got hard.

GMR Marketing

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear of your positive experience with GMR and it's leadership. While those early shifts may be tough, we appreciate your willingness and flexibility to get the job done. Thanks again for all of your hard work!

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company!!!

Mar 21, 2021 - Recruiter in New Berlin, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Progressive, inclusive, collaborative environment, supportive team.

Cons

Sometimes too fast paced without clear initiatives or structure set in place.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company to work for bad timing

Mar 20, 2021 - Marketing in New Berlin, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing benefits, great team, great events

Cons

Not much growth within the role

GMR Marketing

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, including the team and events. Best of luck to you!

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not As Good As You Think

Oct 1, 2020 - Recruiter in New Berlin, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Company culture used to be great prior to COVID -Company parties always included free beers -You get to work with really cool clients -Sometimes you get free stuff -C-level executives care about the employees

Cons

-Pay and benefits are not competitive to other agencies in the area -As a recruiter, you are treated as an order taker and not appreciated for the hard work that you do -If there is recognition, supervisors take the credit -During layoffs, management claimed to be very transparent about what was going on but really lied through their teeth when asked about it -About 1/4 (or more) of the company was eliminated but only one person in HR lost their job.. how does that add up -Staffing leadership is clueless about how the department should be run -Favoritism is played when promotions are due -They say they will support you if you want to change positions in the company but when the time comes, they convince you to stay where you are

7 people found this review helpful

GMR Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about working at GMR. Over the last year we have been faced with making difficult decisions while navigating through the pandemic during these unprecedented times. Additionally, we appreciate you sharing about your experience and your perspective about growth within the agency. We encourage all employees to voice their opinions through various mediums including quarterly anonymous Engagement Surveys and leveraging their HR Business Partner. We take these comments seriously and again, appreciate your feedback. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

10. 3.0

Only hire you PT but you do FT hours

Apr 16, 2021 - Retail - Expert
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Pay but no benefits

Cons

Discombobulated when it comes to structure.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 392 Reviews