GMR Marketing Reviews

Updated May 8, 2020

4.1
GMR Marketing CEO Cameron Parsons (no image)
Cameron Parsons
Pros
  • "Great feed-back structure and well as great people(in 24 reviews)

• "Creative environment with a great culture(in 21 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate Digital Project Manager in New Berlin, WI

I have been working at GMR Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

You work with the most talented people in MKE and everyone is very trusting of one another. There's autonomy and confidence to produce awesome work. Plus the type of work we do on the Digital team is awesome and inspiring.

Cons

No cons for me at this time.

Continue reading
    GMR Marketing2020-03-19

March 20, 2020GMR Marketing

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear you have been enjoying your time here with GMR and feel supported through your Career Development. We are looking forward to seeing where your career takes you within the agency!

2. "I love working here!"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at GMR Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, company culture and events, very inclusive and focused on celebrating everyone's uniqueness, the career development, the people are so nice and helpful. I have only been here a short while, but I really love working here!

Cons

It is a bit hared to work from the smaller offices vs the headquarters, as sometimes it feels a little like being on an island and you do not get the same perks that you do at the headquarters

GMR Marketing2020-03-19

March 20, 2020GMR Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback! We take pride in the culture we provide for our employees and appreciate the hard work you put into your work. We are always open to new, innovative ways to make all our offices feel included. Thank you for your time with us this far and we can’t wait to see where your career takes you within the agency!

3. "Toxic Culture"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Berlin, WI

I have been working at GMR Marketing full-time

Pros

Cool work, big company, travel opportunities

Cons

Deep ingrained toxic old boys club culture. God awful managers. There are SO many young talented amazing people employed there wasting their time. Young talent is underpaid, undervalued, overlooked and not rewarded. If it is seen, it's because you are the classic white male mold that they think equals success. They do not value diversity of any kind, it is vilified. Do not be fooled by the social media party facade on social media.

GMR Marketing2020-05-08

May 15, 2020GMR Marketing

We take all feedback seriously and appreciate your candor. While this is challenging feedback, we appreciate the opportunity to understand every employee’s perspective. Our Head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion has been partnering with agency leadership to prioritize an inclusive and unified workplace. We encourage our employees to voice their concerns in real time with their HR Business Partner so that they can address and evaluate these concerns appropriately. We thank you for your contributions to GMR and greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us your honest feedback.

4. "The best company out there, really."

4.0
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Panama City Beach, FL

I have been working at GMR Marketing part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

"Everything" as this company has alot to offer.

Cons

"None" as of yet & I'm sure there won't be any Issues/Cons either.

Continue reading
    GMR Marketing2020-04-12

April 17, 2020GMR Marketing

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your time with us. Thank you for continuing to make great experiences as a Brand Ambassador!

5. "Great place to work and grow as a professional"

Current Employee - Finance in New Berlin, WI

I have been working at GMR Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

They provide many tools and opportunities to advance, flexible schedule, laid back environment.

Cons

Haven't come across any in my time here.

GMR Marketing2020-03-12

March 20, 2020GMR Marketing

Thank you for your review and we are so happy to hear of your positive experience with GMR! We value our employee’s very much and are glad to hear you feel supported!

6. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at GMR Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Compny to work for as a second job or as a part time job.

Cons

Assinments are not as frequent as I had hoped for.

GMR Marketing2020-02-10

February 12, 2020GMR Marketing

Thank you for taking the time and leaving us a review! Our Field work offers great opportunities to promote, sell and represent some cool brands at events around the world. We offer short – and long-term field work and the duration of the assignments depends on the event. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and wish you the best in your future endeavors!

7. "Great company, even better leadership"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at GMR Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership, opportunity, exciting work topics, good culture, work/life balance

Cons

Compensation is less than market value

GMR Marketing2020-01-28

January 31, 2020GMR Marketing

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback! Our Talent Operations team works with a third-party company every 12 months to evaluate our competitiveness with compensation in the market. GMR strives to provide a fun and rewarding culture which we are so glad to hear positive feedback on these aspects. Thank you for your continued dedication to GMR!

8. "Great Place to Work"

4.0
    Former Employee - Brand Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at GMR Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

They take care of you, good pay

Cons

Play favorites, set certain people up for success

GMR Marketing2019-11-19

November 25, 2019GMR Marketing

Thank you for taking the time and leaving your feedback! We are sorry to hear that you did not feel as supported as you should have. We take all feedback seriously and will take yours into consideration for the future. We thank you for your tenure with us and wish you the best in your career.

9. "Great Culture, Lack of Support"

Former Employee - Human Resources in New Berlin, WI

I worked at GMR Marketing full-time

Pros

Great culture, creative environment, dog day

Cons

Lack of support from leadership

GMR Marketing2019-11-19

November 25, 2019GMR Marketing

We appreciate you reaching out and leaving your feedback. GMR strives to give our employees a fun and rewarding culture such as having dog days. We are sorry to hear your experience with us was less than ideal and you did not feel the right support you needed. We encourage our employees to have frequent touch base meetings with their leaders and are always welcome to schedule time to speak with their Associate HRBP with any concerns.

10. "Great Place to Work For!"

Current Employee - Specialist in New Berlin, WI

I have been working at GMR Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to get a start or stay long term.

Cons

Company is very large and a part of the Omnicom group which comes with it's own challenges.

GMR Marketing2019-11-01

November 13, 2019GMR Marketing

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are happy to hear that you found a home with GMR and can see your career growing within the agency. Through Omnicom, we have access to resources, talent and perspectives that allow us to bring forward our power of experience. We strive to be Innovative in our work and love hearing the ideas of our employees. This one of our values that help make our agency unique. Thank you for your time with us and we can’t wait to see where your career takes you within GMR!

Found 331 reviews