GMR Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Cameron Parsons

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The people and their positive attitudes, training, perks, hours, work hard play hard atmosphere (in 14 reviews)

• Filled with talented, great people (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Not enough communication, sometimes there isn't a work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

• pay and long hours will little compensation (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Social Media Account Coordinator"

Current Employee - Social Media Account Coordinator in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Social Media Account Coordinator in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at GMR Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GMR Marketing has been great so far. They have great management and truly want you to succeed. GMR pushes me to become better in my career while also making sure everyone enjoys what they're doing. It's definitely a work hard, play hard office. Everyone is so friendly and there's always a fun activity to take part in.

Cons

I haven't seen any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Jul 18, 2017 – GMR Marketing

Thank you for the compliments, as we do place emphasis on employee success throughout the agency. We are glad to hear that management has assisted in pushing your career boundaries and allowing for a... More

2. "Can’t imagine ever leaving"

I have been working at GMR Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been at GMR since 2015 and finally feel like I have found my place. The culture of the company is what keeps me around. I am a firm believer that life is what you make of it and although the work isn’t easy (that would be boring anyways) the people I’m surrounded by make it worth it. My manager challenges me and makes me feel like I am contributing to something pretty amazing. Even my bad days aren’t all that bad. I have noticed the employees who haven’t worked in other environments/cultures to see how other companies operate are typically the “unhappy” ones and more often than not see them want to come back when they see the grass isn’t greener. Not everyday is rainbows and butterflies but I love GMR and am excited for the future.

Cons

Although progress seems to have been made, inconsistencies amongst leaders and are noticed.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating the agency as a whole, inclusive of the people. As we innovate the brand, the product, the services, etc remember the people too. The future looks bright!

3. "Client Services"

I worked at GMR Marketing full-time

Pros

Industry leading brand management agency.

Cons

Cross-department communication and collaboration has a lot of room for improvement. Which isn’t exactly a con.

Pay could be more competitive.

Advice to Management

The true assets of GMR are the employees. Numbers are not the end all, take more risks.

4. "Not as great as they made it sound"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in New Berlin, WI
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in New Berlin, WI

I worked at GMR Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture! A lot of activities planned to keep employees involved. Good perks (health club discount, bar on site, dog fridays)

Cons

Finance department is a mess. High turnover leads to lack of training. Outdated systems and incompetent managers and VP. Also, takes three months to get insurance to kick in, which is unheard of. The managers weren’t very transparent during interview process. If interviewing, ask a lot about processes, management styles, systems, month end processes to get a good idea of what you’re getting yourself into.

Mar 22, 2018 – GMR Marketing

We take all feedback seriously and appreciate your candor. We are glad to hear that you have found GMR’s culture to be engaging, including the employee perks. We strive to be competitive in the... More

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at GMR Marketing full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Great culture.

Cons

The company's administrative structure can be a bit disorganized. Common for the industry though.

Mar 22, 2018 – GMR Marketing

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We take great pride in our culture! We believe in providing employees a dynamic and engaging culture that assists in a productive work environment, while building... More

6. "Amazing Place to Work!"

I have been working at GMR Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First and foremost, the culture exceeds almost every company I have worked for. When you work at GMR you surround yourself with passionate, thoughtful and professional people. The open concept allows for collaboration you wouldn't get in a normal work environment. You can bring your dog in on Fridays, there's a Barcade (yes you read that right, an arcade and a bar combined!) and their social events definitely break up the work week.

Beside the culture, one of the big things I have appreciated is that people are open to change, they are open to your ideas and they actually want your ideas to be executed no matter what level you are within the company. You are able to get exposure to senior management on a regular basis and the fact that the CFO knows an entry level persons name makes GMR unlike any company. They truly care about their people and want to see them succeeded!

If you are looking for great work life balance, opportunities for growth and amazing culture, you should apply to a job at GMR!

Cons

I don't have any negative feedback at this time.

Mar 22, 2018 – GMR Marketing

Thank you for your feedback and dedication to GMR. We are glad to hear that you have found GMR’s culture to be engaging, including the open concept for added team collaboration and interaction. We... More

7. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - III Year Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - III Year Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at GMR Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with GMR for almost 3 years and have enjoyed every moment. The culture is phenomenal with social events once per month. It is a great place for professionals at all levels who want to enjoy the work they do and work for a fun, innovative company. I have already received a promotion and generous pay increases during my time here and look forward to what my career holds here. I never want to leave!

Cons

The only con is that dog day is only 2 fridays per month, I wish it was every Friday!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. As an employee, I really appreciate the innovative thinking around the career development program and real time rewards. It keeps me engaged and makes me feel valued.

Mar 22, 2018 – GMR Marketing

We appreciate your input and are pleased to hear that you are enjoying your role. Our agency enjoys assembling events that employees can interact with one another, while celebrating their successes... More

8. "Is this real life?"

I have been working at GMR Marketing full-time

Pros

Brand new employee, I've had nothing but a fantastic experience since I've walked through the door a few weeks ago.

Having relocated from another area, I felt that the the relocation offered in the contract negotiation was more than adequate.

I've heard nothing but fantastic reviews from employees that have been here for varying lengths of time (1+ year).

The work culture here is like nothing I've experienced. There's an energy and passion for the work here that I haven't seen at any of my previous employers. Employee events and happy hours keep everything fresh and something to look forward to. Its really a foward thinking culture and environment.

Cons

Nothing really at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep making new hires feel as welcome in the future as you are now.

Mar 22, 2018 – GMR Marketing

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you are enjoying the positive work environment at GMR!!

9. "GMR Marketing Company Review"

I have been working at GMR Marketing full-time

Pros

Competitive salaries, great employee benefits package.

Cons

Hard to get promoted in leadership roles.

Mar 22, 2018 – GMR Marketing

Thank you for sharing this feedback! We take great pride in our culture including our Career Development Program which arms employees with the platform and tools to own their career, while working... More

"Great place, consider the source on some of the negative reviews"

Current Employee - Client Service in New Berlin, WI
    Current Employee - Client Service in New Berlin, WI

I have been working at GMR Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Has the type of culture and innovative practices most companies only talk about. It's all about fit. If you like fast pace, innovation, big challenge and always pushing for better, you'll love it. This place is so cutting edge it's a blast!

Cons

Again, it's all about fit. Before coming here I read all the reviews - both positive and negative. Now after being here for a while, I can see that those negative reviews are probably coming from people who weren't very good in their jobs and that's probably because they couldn't handle the fast pace or constant desire for excellence. This is not a great place to work if you're not very talented and those types of people don't like it much.

Advice to Management

Hire carefully. As evidenced by some of these reviews, those you hire who don't succeed, leave the company and say bad things. There are a ton of people who have been here a long time and love it, but those usually aren't the people who are posting reviews!

Jan 8, 2018 – GMR Marketing

Thank you for your feedback and dedication to GMR. We appreciate your willingness to share your experience while working with us and are glad to hear that the innovative, fast-moving agency culture... More