KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

GMR Transcription Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2021

Found 28 of over 54 reviews

4.3
GMR Transcription President Beth Worthy (no image)
Beth Worthy
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great

Sep 7, 2020 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work with

Cons

Wouldn’t want to leave here

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Very good company to work with

Jul 30, 2021 - Transcriptionist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really pay well and they have good audio quality.

Cons

Always pay on time and flexible work schedule.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

IC transcriptionist review

Jan 31, 2021 - Transcriptionist in Millersville, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you ever have any questions, the support team is always available. You can work any time of day. There is consistent work.

Cons

I just started working for GMR, so I have no cons at this stage.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 4.0

Good overall

Feb 23, 2020 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Steady work for the most part and better pay than the average transcription company. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Some of the more difficult jobs should pay better. Or they'll be labeled as a good-quality audio when they're actually awful and the pay is not always increased even when they acknowledge that.

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great way to earn extra income!

Mar 15, 2016 - Transcriptionist in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you can type pretty quickly and have good attention to detail, then working with GMR is an excellent way to earn extra income. They always have plenty of work to choose from with a variety of topics to listen to and transcribe, and you get the choice of which files you want to pick up. You have the freedom to work anytime and any place, so long as you turn in your work by the deadline. They have a convenient online system where you can download files and upload your work. They always pay on time via direct deposit. I love it!

Cons

Some of the audio files are pretty difficult to decipher, which is no fun, but GMR always lets you know up front the difficulty level and they pay you more to transcribe those.

15 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Flexible and interesting

Mar 31, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Choose your own hours and how much to do - Choose the level of difficulty of files to transcribe - Get paid on time regularly - Get any help you need from staff for problems and quick answers to questions - Transcribe a variety of files and learn while you work - Occasionally get a different kind of assignment to use other skills as well - Overall, an excellent way to make extra income

Cons

Being two hours ahead of the office can be a little frustrating when waiting for an answer to a question or a problem, but that's about the only con I have

22 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I love working for GMR Transcription!

Oct 12, 2015 - Transcriptionist in Prescott, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

GMR is a great company to work for! They always have a lot of work. I work at home and I took care of my mom at the same time and it was very convenient for me. I was able to take work that I could do in the timeframe of taking care of my mom and it worked out very well. My mom has since past and I still love having time for me and being able to make some money also. I am retired and the extra income comes in handy! The girls are great: Amanda, Beth, Vanessa and now Julie are very professional and very nice!

Cons

I don't have any cons

5 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Great work experience

Feb 25, 2015 - Transcriptionist in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the idea that I can take on work as I want, and that I can work on my own schedule. I can pick the level of challenging I would like to work at, so that nothing has to be too intense. Taking on easier files as opposed to the more difficult ones makes the job simple and easy. Most of the files are enjoyable to listen to. The supervisory staff is excellent, always there to help out as needed, and supportive of the staff out in the field.

Cons

I have come across a few files that were quite boring to listen to, but this has not been my experience in general.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful company to work for!

Aug 4, 2015 - Transcriptionist in Idaho Falls, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and so willing to help out when needed. They don't mind you asking questions. In fact they encourage it. I'm able to request the amount of work my schedule allows, which changes from day to day. I love that I'm able to work from home and be available to my kids and husband when they need me. It's a wonderful company to work for.

Cons

There are some difficult files; however, you're able to choose which files you request.

8 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Best-In-Class for Home-Based Work

Mar 15, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

GMR works with you every step of the way. Yes, some audios will be difficult; however, you always know up-front what type of files you will receive and they compensate you for the difficult audios.

Cons

Hmm, I don't have any cons because the team at GMR will work with you no matter the problem, personal- or job-wise.

7 people found this review helpful