KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

95% Recommend to a Friend
95% Approve of CEO

Found 28 of over 56 reviews

4.5
GMR Transcription President Beth Worthy (no image)
Beth Worthy

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great

Sep 7, 2020 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work with

Cons

Wouldn’t want to leave here

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Very good company to work with

Jul 30, 2021 - Transcriptionist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really pay well and they have good audio quality.

Cons

Always pay on time and flexible work schedule.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

IC transcriptionist review

Jan 31, 2021 - Transcriptionist in Millersville, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you ever have any questions, the support team is always available. You can work any time of day. There is consistent work.

Cons

I just started working for GMR, so I have no cons at this stage.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 4.0

Good overall

Feb 23, 2020 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Steady work for the most part and better pay than the average transcription company. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Some of the more difficult jobs should pay better. Or they'll be labeled as a good-quality audio when they're actually awful and the pay is not always increased even when they acknowledge that.

6 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

One of the best Transcription Jobs out there

Nov 15, 2017 - Transcriptionist in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Always had work for me, really great communication via several platforms, interesting files, always knew in advance audio quality and payscale.

Cons

Not much, it is what you make of it.

11 people found this review helpful

GMR Transcription Response

Director - Operations

Hi, Glad that you had a positive experience with us. Thank you for the kind recommendation. Thank you, GMR Transcription Services, INC.

6. 5.0

A great place to work!

Nov 7, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is friendly and works together as a team!

Cons

I don't have any, this place is great!

8 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poor work environment

Oct 7, 2017 - Trancriptionist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

High pay rate for files than most transcription companies.

Cons

You only get two mistake files then they fire you. Sometimes the files they give you have poor instructions in them and no one is available over the weekends to answer your questions regarding these instructions. If you don't understand the instructions and you make mistakes the editors exaggerate the issues within the files to make your work look worse than it is instead of helping you correct mistakes. They change their style guide more than once per year.

22 people found this review helpful

GMR Transcription Response

Director - Operations

Accuracy of transcripts is our top priority , so unfortunately this means we do have very high standards when it come to our transcriptionists work. It is important for transcriptionists who work for us to have a full understanding of what is expected and if they are unsure, they should ask us and we are happy to explain our style guide. If someone has worked for us for over a year, we do expect that they understand our style guide. We have had the same style guide for over 9 years. As an independent contractor we do have the right to choose not to work with you for any reason, so we do not need to falsify edits to get let you go (nor do we have the time to). We wish you the best of luck!

8. 5.0

Flexible and interesting

Mar 31, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Choose your own hours and how much to do - Choose the level of difficulty of files to transcribe - Get paid on time regularly - Get any help you need from staff for problems and quick answers to questions - Transcribe a variety of files and learn while you work - Occasionally get a different kind of assignment to use other skills as well - Overall, an excellent way to make extra income

Cons

Being two hours ahead of the office can be a little frustrating when waiting for an answer to a question or a problem, but that's about the only con I have

23 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great way to earn extra income!

Mar 15, 2016 - Transcriptionist in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you can type pretty quickly and have good attention to detail, then working with GMR is an excellent way to earn extra income. They always have plenty of work to choose from with a variety of topics to listen to and transcribe, and you get the choice of which files you want to pick up. You have the freedom to work anytime and any place, so long as you turn in your work by the deadline. They have a convenient online system where you can download files and upload your work. They always pay on time via direct deposit. I love it!

Cons

Some of the audio files are pretty difficult to decipher, which is no fun, but GMR always lets you know up front the difficulty level and they pay you more to transcribe those.

16 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Best-In-Class for Home-Based Work

Mar 15, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

GMR works with you every step of the way. Yes, some audios will be difficult; however, you always know up-front what type of files you will receive and they compensate you for the difficult audios.

Cons

Hmm, I don't have any cons because the team at GMR will work with you no matter the problem, personal- or job-wise.

7 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews
</>Embed

GMR Transcription Reviews FAQs

GMR Transcription has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 56 reviews left anonymously by employees. 95% of employees would recommend working at GMR Transcription to a friend and 95% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, GMR Transcription employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at GMR Transcription. This rating has improved by 25% over the last 12 months.

95% of GMR Transcription employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated GMR Transcription 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at GMR Transcription to be management, benefits, culture and the cons to be career development .