KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

GMR Transcription Transcriptionist Reviews

Updated Jun 14, 2021

4.4
GMR Transcription President Beth Worthy (no image)
Beth Worthy
  1. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Flexible job, and I'm learning a lot as I go

Jun 14, 2021 - General Transcriptionist in Tustin, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I applied and was accepted as a contractor for a couple transcription companies, but this is the one that I enjoy working for most! It feels personal. I'm working from home but communicating with real people. I'm not afraid to ask questions when I need guidance, and I always get a response within an hour, 6 days a week. The people are lovely, and (so far) there is a lot of work to be had at the moment. Also, it's super flexible as long as you only take as much work as you can finish.

Cons

You get paid per audio minute, but some files just take a lot longer to do than others. I'm still learning and getting faster, but according to my calculations I'm currently making about $8.00 to $12.00 per hour, depending on the file -- that's what you get for having high work standards and taking the time to proofread! That said, I still have faith that I'll get faster with experience. This is a really interesting side gig, but I think it would be difficult to do full time. Emotionally, it can be draining, too, depending on the topic you are working on.

2. 5.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Great Company

May 7, 2021 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

GMR Transcription was a great company to work for. They have plenty of work available and you can choose which assignments you want to take on. All of the employees were always kind and helpful and were always there whenever I needed assistance. Whether you are an experienced transcriptionist or a new transcriptionist, they are a great company to work for.

Cons

I would say the only con would be the pay. The pay may be sufficient if you're a very fast and experienced transcriptionist, but if you tend to work a bit slower (like myself) you may find it difficult for assignments to be worthwhile.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

IC transcriptionist review

Jan 31, 2021 - Transcriptionist in Millersville, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you ever have any questions, the support team is always available. You can work any time of day. There is consistent work.

Cons

I just started working for GMR, so I have no cons at this stage.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great

Sep 7, 2020 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work with

Cons

Wouldn’t want to leave here

5. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Great Option for Deadline-Driven Individuals

Apr 22, 2020 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent way to gain extra cash. Attention to detail gives you access to higher paying jobs. The ladies at GMR are understanding of life stresses and issues as long as you are communicating with them in the case of any issues that come up.

Cons

This is not a job you can do while multitasking; focus is required. You have to submit several test transcriptions using their formatting before accepted as a transcriptionist. If they're not perfect, you don't get the job. These are not paid.

6. 4.0
    Former Freelancer, less than 1 year

Overall a pleasant and rewarding experience

Aug 30, 2019 - Transcriptionist in Portland, ME
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, schedule flexibility -- only work as much or as little as you choose. Excellent communication through manager, responsive to questions (though it is generally best practice to try to find answers yourself first). I appreciated the regular feedback both positive and critical. Once you earn a reputation for solid work the files continue getting better quality, easier/faster to transcribe, and as a result the pay rate increases for these files as well. I worked for a school district at the time and used this opportunity to fill in gaps over school vacations, holidays, evenings, and weekends. I enjoyed the work, felt I was treated fairly and professionally, and learned about a variety of new topics that I would not have encountered otherwise. Interesting work, convenient, and financially rewarding if you are efficient, accurate and thorough.

Cons

No supervisory assistance available over weekends (so learn to scan files ahead of time and ask questions beforehand). Occasional poor quality files would take longer to transcribe and as a result reduced the average hourly compensation rate, but these were usually offset by the regular availability of files with good audio. Be aware taxes are not withheld on wages, so be prepared to set some of your earnings aside for year end.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good overall

Feb 23, 2020 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Steady work for the most part and better pay than the average transcription company. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Some of the more difficult jobs should pay better. Or they'll be labeled as a good-quality audio when they're actually awful and the pay is not always increased even when they acknowledge that.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Former Contractor

Nice people but very low pay

Mar 18, 2020 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

nice staff and timely communication

Cons

very low pay and kept getting lower

9. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Remote Job opportunity

Jul 24, 2019 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very responsive and timely about answering questions. Good about offering feedback during training period.

Cons

The training period is unpaid, but it doesn't last too long.

10. 5.0
    Former Contractor

Great Company

Jul 21, 2019 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is quite a bit of support and they will guide you through any questions you have

Cons

Must be a fast typist to meet deadlines

Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Reviews