Find jobs for Transcriptionist

GMR Transcription Transcriptionist Reviews

Updated Sep 5, 2021

Found 35 of over 57 reviews

4.4
GMR Transcription President Beth Worthy (no image)
Beth Worthy
  1. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Flexible job, and I'm learning a lot as I go

Jun 14, 2021 - General Transcriptionist in Tustin, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I applied and was accepted as a contractor for a couple transcription companies, but this is the one that I enjoy working for most! It feels personal. I'm working from home but communicating with real people. I'm not afraid to ask questions when I need guidance, and I always get a response within an hour, 6 days a week. The people are lovely, and (so far) there is a lot of work to be had at the moment. Also, it's super flexible as long as you only take as much work as you can finish.

Cons

You get paid per audio minute, but some files just take a lot longer to do than others. I'm still learning and getting faster, but according to my calculations I'm currently making about $8.00 to $12.00 per hour, depending on the file -- that's what you get for having high work standards and taking the time to proofread! That said, I still have faith that I'll get faster with experience. This is a really interesting side gig, but I think it would be difficult to do full time. Emotionally, it can be draining, too, depending on the topic you are working on.

2. 4.0
    Current Contractor

It pays

Sep 5, 2021 - Transcriptionist in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Make your own hours, work from home.

Cons

Lots and lots and lots of typing, listening, rewinding, and more typing. Hours of listening and typing.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Very good company to work with

Jul 30, 2021 - Transcriptionist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really pay well and they have good audio quality.

Cons

Always pay on time and flexible work schedule.

4. 4.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

One of the good ones

Jul 25, 2021 - Transcriptionist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work was readily available. They always had work for me. Communication was flawless. I always knew the difficulty of the file before taking in on and if I didn't, I would always submit a ticket and it would be corrected. Generally they have good file quality. Their legal work was the most exciting. Pay was fair considering that they had good quality audio. The work sustained me through the second half of 2020. Good company, good team.

Cons

Not much that I can think of. Except that maybe they should consider paying for the training files as they are live work.

5. 4.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Extremely Flexible

Jul 6, 2021 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Flexible schedule -Great pay the better and more efficient you get -Interesting assignments -Great for stay at home parents -The admin ladies are great to work with

Cons

-Very strict to get into -You definitely need to learn how to set personal boundaries with accepting assignments

6. 5.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Great Company

May 7, 2021 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

GMR Transcription was a great company to work for. They have plenty of work available and you can choose which assignments you want to take on. All of the employees were always kind and helpful and were always there whenever I needed assistance. Whether you are an experienced transcriptionist or a new transcriptionist, they are a great company to work for.

Cons

I would say the only con would be the pay. The pay may be sufficient if you're a very fast and experienced transcriptionist, but if you tend to work a bit slower (like myself) you may find it difficult for assignments to be worthwhile.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

IC transcriptionist review

Jan 31, 2021 - Transcriptionist in Millersville, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you ever have any questions, the support team is always available. You can work any time of day. There is consistent work.

Cons

I just started working for GMR, so I have no cons at this stage.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great

Sep 7, 2020 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work with

Cons

Wouldn’t want to leave here

9. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Great Option for Deadline-Driven Individuals

Apr 22, 2020 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent way to gain extra cash. Attention to detail gives you access to higher paying jobs. The ladies at GMR are understanding of life stresses and issues as long as you are communicating with them in the case of any issues that come up.

Cons

This is not a job you can do while multitasking; focus is required. You have to submit several test transcriptions using their formatting before accepted as a transcriptionist. If they're not perfect, you don't get the job. These are not paid.

10. 3.0
    Former Contractor

Nice people but very low pay

Mar 18, 2020 - Transcriptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

nice staff and timely communication

Cons

very low pay and kept getting lower

Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Reviews

GMR Transcription Reviews FAQs

Transcriptionist professionals working at GMR Transcription have rated their employer with 4.4 out of 5 stars in 35 Glassdoor reviews. This is a lower than average score with the overall rating of GMR Transcription employees being 4.5 out of 5 stars. Search open Transcriptionist Jobs at GMR Transcription now and start preparing for your job interview by browsing frequently asked Transcriptionist interview questions at GMR Transcription.

Transcriptionist professionals rate their compensation and benefits at GMR Transcription with 3.5 out of 5 stars based on 35 anonymously submitted employee reviews. This is 13.3% worse than the company average rating for salary and benefits. Find out more about Transcriptionist salaries and benefits at GMR Transcription.

96% of Transcriptionist employees at GMR Transcription would recommend their employer to a friend. This rating has decreased by -1% in the past 12 months. Transcriptionist professionals have also rated GMR Transcription with a 4.4 rating for work-life-balance, 3.7 rating for diversity and inclusion, 3.8 rating for culture and values and 3.6 rating for career opportunities.