GNS Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 27 reviews

3.3
GNS Healthcare CEO Colin Hill
Colin Hill

"A fun and challenging place to work towards revolutionizing the healthcare industry"

Current Employee - Data Science Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at GNS Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am working here as a data scientist with healthcare payer client. The technologies here are competitive (e.g., REFS proprietary algorithm, daily operation on AWS platform, development of state-of-the-art new algorithm using tensorflow). The colleagues here are genius with sophisticated math and computational background; the research/tech leadership here is wonderful within my team (numeric or R&D team) as I can only...

Cons

some of the software products need a better graphic interface rather than linux command line manner

Advice to Management

Maybe the name of "GNS" could be more generic/straightforward to represent the company's efforts in healthcare and precision medicine?

GNS Healthcare2017-07-16

"Disappointing leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at GNS Healthcare full-time

Pros

The company works with big pharmaceuticals and healthcare leads on trending areas.

Cons

The leaders of the company don’t understand what they are good at, but pursues unrealistic goals and change them frequently. The leadership doesn’t have good management skills. As an employee, you don’t feel the support or trust from upper management. The company also has a high turnover rate. They hire a lot of advisors and upper management roles, but it never made improvement to the company. When the company goal...

Advice to Management

Find out the company’s strength and build it up with patience.

GNS Healthcare2019-02-07

"Worst Leadership Team"

I worked at GNS Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a great location in Cambridge

Cons

Too many cooks spoil the soup; the CEO and COO views and strategy for the company did not jive - not good for BD; HR is a one-person show and is supervised by the CFO ??? ; too much turnover; on website, it appears to be a big company - just a facade.

Advice to Management

Get a "real" CEO

GNS Healthcare2018-12-13

"The Colin show"

I worked at GNS Healthcare

Pros

Good company culture. Overall it is a great place to work right out of college.

Cons

High rate of turnovers. The closer you work with the CEO, the more likely you will get fired.

GNS Healthcare2018-03-12

"Executive Assistant"

I worked at GNS Healthcare full-time

Pros

Only pros are some of the staff including Bruce Church. Otherwise high turnover, incompetent management.

Cons

The CEO is the worst person I've ever worked for. Petty & disagreeable. I should have posted this when I left. Hope this will keep others from taking a job there.

GNS Healthcare2017-10-27

GNS Healthcare Response

October 31, 2017SVP, People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We do have many fantastic, committed people here at GNS and we are all working to improve every day. It is unfortunate that you had a less than favorable experience while working with us but we hope you have landed at a company where ...

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at GNS Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's very smart and driven people, a very interesting product offering. Theres's also great benefits including unlimited time off. I'm happy to see a lot of diversity in the workplace. Finally, the current company size is ideal to grow, know one another and develop a sense of camaraderie, while at the same time being able to make strides in one's projects.

Cons

It seems the company has had some growing pains transitioning from startup mode to a more formal business model, but that seems to be in the past. The company has been active in addressing these issues even before I arrived. My impression is management is concerned about the well-being of their employees.

Advice to Management

Management makes great strides to make sure employees are driven. Great contributions include transparency, mentoring projects and plenty of activities

GNS Healthcare2017-04-29

"Company + Culture Refresh Paying Off"

I have been working at GNS Healthcare full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

GNS Healthcare has made incredible strides in the last 9 months, thanks to the efforts of the employees and support from the executive staff. While employees always recognized that, other than the technology, people are the most valuable asset the company has, leadership has finally caught up. The COO that joined in late 2016 heard the frustrations expressed in earlier reviews and engaged employees early, encouraging...

Cons

The company is finally putting into place practices and processes that will help the company scale. That can be a frustrating process, but is typical of high growth companies transitioning to a product-centric business model.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work around transparency and communication. Continue to focus on productization and long-term growth.

GNS Healthcare2017-04-18

"Great company with huge potential for growth!"

I have been working at GNS Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing team, with really smart people--loving working here! Great benefits and collaborative team environment.

Cons

Changing culture can cause some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on bringing in the best talent.

GNS Healthcare2017-04-21

"Sales & marketing"

I worked at GNS Healthcare full-time

Pros

interesting technology, but needed upgrading from R&D status to commercial grade software

Cons

Leadership publicly criticized sales people, morale was low and many good people left after a short time

Advice to Management

Bring in experienced management and let the founders do research and give speeches

GNS Healthcare2017-03-09

"good company to work for"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I worked at GNS Healthcare full-time

Pros

The people who work there are smart as well as educated The CEO is well connected in the space, this leads to interesting opportunities to grow the co. There is money coming in and huge potential.

Cons

They are very confused about how to move forward. There is a lot of disorganization at the higher levels and between departments. Growth plans seem ill-considered

Advice to Management

Focus on the direction of the company. Come up with a viable exit strategy. There is a lot of talent in the company, and a lot of talent that left the company. Focus on retention through setting a clear direction moving forward.

GNS Healthcare2017-01-17