GNY Insurance Companies Senior Underwriter Reviews | Glassdoor

GNY Insurance Companies Senior Underwriter Reviews

Updated Oct 24, 2018

5.0
GNY Insurance Companies CEO Elizabeth Heck (no image)
Elizabeth Heck

"Production Underwriter"

Current Employee - Senior Production Underwriter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GNY Insurance Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great teamwork environment, great people to work with, great benefits, supportive management, work from home, company car. The company is rapidly changing and growing so I feel like I got on board at the best possible time. A lot of workflow improvements and technology integration going on, so that is always a good sign.

Cons

I am new to the company and I'm still learning, but overall I am very happy that I was given this opportunity. No cons to list at this time.

GNY Insurance Companies2018-10-24
  2. "New to GNY"

Current Employee - Senior Production Underwriter in Havertown, PA

I have been working at GNY Insurance Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very Flat Company, they listen to their employees, Family type atmosphere

Cons

None so far, right now

GNY Insurance Companies2018-02-28

"Collaborative Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Underwriter

I have been working at GNY Insurance Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flat management by engaged senior people makes the work environment not only a very good place to learn, but the people are friendly and approachable. Ideas are encouraged making it a place to grow and learn.

Cons

pros out weigh any cons.

Advice to Management

Advertise the benefits of working at a company where bureaucratic red tape is at a minimum.

GNY Insurance Companies2015-08-13

"Strong Underwriting Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in New York, NY

I have been working at GNY Insurance Companies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company has a rich history and strong underwriting culture whereby it is clear that employees are expected to "do the right thing" which fosters pride in the day to day successes of individuals and the company as a whole. The work environment is pleasant and supportive. Training and development is available both in-house and through tuition reimbursement and encouraged by management.

Cons

Employee communication is not as strong as it should be. Departments are very good about working together, but there is not enough group-wide correspondence.

Advice to Management

Employee communication could and should be improved. Employees care about the company and if asked would offer great suggestions.

GNY Insurance Companies2013-03-12