GOGO Worldwide Vacations Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
Randy Alleyne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Travel Agent"

Pros

Travel experience. Great customers and sub-agents.

Cons

Work and Life balance needed improving. Senior management could have been more involved in agents needs

2. "Good Perks, Toxic Work Environment"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at GOGO Worldwide Vacations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I appreciated getting travel all over Mexico and the Caribbean at a discount (on my own) or free (with the company). That's the only reason they're getting 2-stars and not 1-star.

Cons

My overarching issue with GOGO is the corporate culture. They completely resist change and innovation in favor of a "this is how we've always done it" mentality. The way they calculate whether an office is profitable is a joke. My few years there, very few offices (less than 5 out of the 50 or 60) were profitable by their definition. Full-time employees have to clock in and out, and Team Leaders ride your time cards to make sure paying you overtime doesn't come out of their office's P&L in a desperate attempt to become profitable. Honestly...if I came in 5 minutes early, I'd be asked to take an extra 5 minutes at lunch so that my time card read EXACTLY 8 hours each day. That leads to unmotivated employees because we feel like we are not empowered to do what we need to do to get our jobs done. Taking trips for the job sound fun in theory, but sharing a room with some random employee from another office is uncomfortable and borderline unprofessional. And lastly...those uniforms. I understand the concept behind them, but oh my goodness, find a better supplier. In one order, I asked for three pairs of pants in the same size. All three varied in length and width by 1-6 inches. They're uncomfortable, ugly, and unprofessional. Although, I guess not having to worry about what you wear each day can sometimes be a huge plus. It just seems so inane to have a wholesale company (i.e. we DON'T have face to face time with clients) to wear uniforms.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees; they're in the trenches and might actually have some valuable ideas. Find a new uniform supplier (or just lose them all together). DITCH TIME CARDS and let adults be adults and govern their own time. Don't make co-workers share hotel/resort rooms. You're just asking for a lawsuit.

3. "Area Accountant"

Former Employee - Area Accountant in Coral Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Area Accountant in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at GOGO Worldwide Vacations full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

GOGO is part of Flight Centre which is a global company, there are lots of opportunities to grow within the company

Cons

too much travel involved

"Great People"

Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at GOGO Worldwide Vacations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely LOVED working here and selling travel. This job gave me so many opportunities to grow and learn, and travel to places I've never been before. My colleagues were amazing and always willing to help!

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment, everything there was pretty fun! I loved to travel and they definitely helped me become more knowledgeable about travel destinations.

Advice to Management

My Team Leader was amazing, always willing to help out and assist me if I needed any help. She always lended a hand and offered her assistance.

5. "Okay job...not enough marketing"

Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at GOGO Worldwide Vacations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great travel benefits, incentive trips and conferences to look forward too

Cons

Not enough marketing for the company, low pay and definitely low commission sales.

Advice to Management

Don't promise high commissions with unsuccessful market in developing areas that will take longer than expected.

6. "Great company!"

Former Employee - Sales in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales in Newark, NJ

I worked at GOGO Worldwide Vacations (Less than a year)

Pros

GOGO is in the travel industry so you can get great travel discounts and travel insurance. The people at the company are very pleasant to work with.

Cons

There seemed to be some turnover which can create setbacks. Other than that, it is a good working environment.

Advice to Management

Less turnover would allow for more stability. HR needs to hire employees for the long-term.

7. "Sad Demise for GOGO"

Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Lombard, IL

I worked at GOGO Worldwide Vacations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and training including company sponsored travel

Cons

Closing most of their offices. I worked for them 9 months before my office was closed in November 2015. Now friends in various offices told me today they got laid off and 6 offices were closed March 26 2016. Looks like they are going under.

Advice to Management

Worse website and lots of agencies wanted automation.

8. "Sad decline"

I have been working at GOGO Worldwide Vacations full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with but the pros stop there

Cons

Unfortunately the business is on the decline. Many offices have closed over the past year and several layoffs within the past few weeks. Most of the employees are on edge over who will lose their job next. A hiring freeze is in effect for the foreseeable future. Id be shocked if the company was still around in the next two years sad to say. The company doesn't live up to its corporate philosophy.

Advice to Management

Get some new people in the area management who will think outside the box. I

"Consultant"

I have been working at GOGO Worldwide Vacations full-time

Pros

Discounts on travel and travel insurance.

Cons

Expectations are not realistic. Sales goals are rarely reached because they are set so high. Always get caught on calls that hold you over way past the time you are supposed to leave so impossible to have plans after work because you never know if you will get out on time.

"DO NOT WORK HERE"

Former Employee - GoGo Agent
    Former Employee - GoGo Agent

I worked at GOGO Worldwide Vacations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Travel perks & fun parties

Cons

NOT ENOUGH TRAINING, nasty rude sub agents

Advice to Management

Tell upper management to train better.