Cover image for GPO

80% Recommend to a Friend
85% Approve of CEO

Found 16 of over 17 reviews

4.1
GPO Founder and CEO Brian Rutledge (no image)
Brian Rutledge

78 Comments

Tech

639.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=GPO~1186762
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about GPO? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with GPO employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

GPO Will Help You Grow

Jul 19, 2022 - Content Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

GPO is the best place I've worked and I look forward to growing my career here. Our core values truly do inform how we conduct business both internally and with clients. I look forward to coming to work each day not only because I love what I do, but who I work with. Our team is brilliant and supportive. Our leadership team is easily accessible and involved. I have the ability to structure my own workdays and workflow while enjoying the perfect balance of autonomy, support, and accountability. I've had the opportunity to grow my skill set through cross-training and learning opportunities. Work-life balance, flexibility, DEI initiatives, and professional development opportunities are prioritized and encouraged. What's not to love?

Cons

In a virtual environment, it can be hard to get to know your coworkers. However, there are plenty of opportunities to engage and get involved -- you just need to take advantage of them!

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pay was good, leadership was meh

Jan 20, 2023 - Account Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

There was definitely a work/life balance, which was nice especially being fully remote. The company is small, so access to the leadership team is fairly easy.

Cons

As the company has evolved, they're still trying to figure out who they are. They're transitioning into being more product-focused, however, in their minds the focus has shifted away from their customers, which isn't a good long-term solution. You can feel the lack of identity in the company culture: the leadership team doesn't have a lot of confidence, which is trickled down throughout the organization. The leadership team isn't very transparent or communicative about difficult issues or situations regarding employees in particular or the company as a whole. It's a flat organization, which is great to start out, but it also means minimal upward mobility. There's no HR department or even a consultant, so employees have no resources in case something happens.

3. Join the GPO team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great People working with great people

Jul 6, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

* They are very sincere about their core principals * They value diversity and inclusion * Pay is very competitive * Benefits are very competitive, i.e. monthly office supply budget, half day Friday's in the summer (considering 4 day work week). * Very competent team members * Good job security * Very remote worker friendly

Cons

* A little disorganized with onboarding * It's mostly remote work, which can be a big con for some people.

5. 5.0

The Best Employer I've Ever Had

Jul 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture Good efforts towards diversity and inclusion Opportunities for growth Work-from-home options

Cons

I'm honestly still looking for one

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people, great product, great company

Jun 10, 2021 - Account Director in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Work remote -Smart developers/PM/Analysts -Niche product in a valuable industry -Wonderful people

Cons

-None really at the moment -Some startup growing pains

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great people!!!

Nov 24, 2020 - Senior SEO Analyst in New Braunfels, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Just truly smart, awesome people that make day to day so easygoing. Having worked for multiple companies and for different managers over the years, I have some frame of reference for sure. Some of the best people I've ever worked with are at GPO. People work as a team and they lift each other up. There aren't any weak leaks or extra stress/distractions created by annoying/slacking/overly competitive coworkers. *Fantastic work/life balance, allowed work at home even before recent events, very flexible and understanding when personal issues come up, decent benefits/salary for the work expected. *Variety of clients, and variety of work helps to keep day to day interesting and also keep career expanding/growing. *Management listens and responds. And you can get access to them easily!

Cons

*Service multiple clients, so if you are a type of person that wants to focus on one enterprise or specific industry, may not be a good fit. *Smaller company-past bigger companies I've worked for have had better salary, benefits, vacation time, etc...but that is changing over time as this company gets bigger!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Exceptional Place of Work and Strategizing

Oct 29, 2020 - SEO Analyst in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been a part of GPO for close to a year now and it's been consistently a great and challenging place to work as an SEO Analyst. Part of the highlight is how knowledgeable each one of my coworkers have been in various aspects of SEO including copywriting and technical. I've learned a ton so far and looking forward to seeing what comes next. Additionally, culture is a big plus here as we've all moved towards working from home. When I lacked something, they ordered it to my place. Computer not working? Got a new one without hesitation. Still struggling to adjust to a work at home life? They'll help you out in great ways. Work is challenging as it should be and I would say GPO stands apart from previous businesses I've worked for as a company that I'm happy to work for.

Cons

Managing multiple deliverables from clients comes with its challenges, but it's always manageable

9. 5.0

Commitment to Excellence

Jul 22, 2020 - Account Director in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Culture: Diverse, Inclusive, and Fun! We work hard and we celebrate our successes as a team. We have a strong culture where we encourage growth and transparency. We have fun with great team events from coffee with leadership to happy hours and painting events! We even took the Myers Briggs tests to ensure we were open minded and aware of the different types of personalities employed by GPO. Love GPO! 2. Commitment to Excellent: I would highly recommend working at GPO if you're ready to work hard and commit to your teams! Small teams means a lot of visibility which is great if you're looking for that kind of work environment! This is a place that challenges me to be better because everything I do has an impact on the overall business. 3. Great Benefits. I love our benefits! Mental Health Day, Great Insurance, No pressure when I call out sick or need vacation - GPO wants the best for me and our teammates! 4. Stability. GPO is a strong team and we do great work. I feel really confident about our future and stability of our company. 5. Opportunity for Growth: We are a small team which allows you to dip your toes into different departments that may interest you. Never stop growing and learning at GPO.

Cons

1. My onboarding felt a little stressful. A lot happens quickly, but once I got used to everything it's been uphill since then! I was nervous to ask questions when I first started, and as we go more virtual I anticipate that being a bigger hurdle - but confidence can get you a long way - just ask questions! 2. The team is small, so Dev team can get overwhelmed at times. But they work hard and are an awesome team!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Everything you'd imagine about working for a small company

Jul 1, 2020 - Web Content Writer in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

GPO is a small agency, so you would think it would be a tightly run ship full of micromanagement and long hours. That can't be farther from the truth. The management is so caring toward the employees, and their hands-off approach lets you get work done without people breathing down your neck. When a boss trusts their employees, it makes things better. And that's exactly what you find here. And get ready to learn new skills. There's a lot to learn in the SEO world, and GPO is always looking for people to teach.

Cons

While the culture at GPO is excellent, the offices are split between Austin, TX and Nashville, TN, which makes it difficult to really get to know your peers. Staying connected is easy through video conferencing — which is very much a regular part of the job — but it still doesn't quite make up for being in a single office and having face-to-face conversations. That said, our world is more connected than ever, and there is no reason that a company can't employ people across the country and still get work done. GPO has accomplished that and is very successful with it.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A place to grow -- then stay

Apr 27, 2020 - Director of Operations in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined GPO as a freelance writer while working full-time as content writer and web manager for a national home decor company. I was then recruited by GPO leadership to lead up their content development efforts and haven't looked back since! I've seen the company grow, evolve, and advance over the course of the last four years, which leads me to my list of PROs. - GPO is agile, nimble, and quick to iterate on a course of action if something isn't working. It can pivot in a way enterprise companies can't, and still provide its employees with security and stability. - GPO gives employees extreme autonomy over their work, in a workplace that breeds collaboration and transparency. - I genuinely look forward to seeing the people I work with every day (even if it's digitally). - GPO attracts the kind of people I want to be around -- people who'd fight in a zombie apocalypse, not roll over and become a zombie appetizer. People who challenge themselves outside of work. People who bring their best selves! - On the benefits front, there's solid medical coverage and a generous IRA match.

Cons

Currently no vision insurance, and health plans can get expensive if you're providing coverage for a large family.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews
</>Embed

GPO Reviews FAQs

GPO has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 17 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at GPO to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, GPO employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at GPO. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

80% of GPO employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated GPO 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at GPO to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership.